Paul Lambert

limpid

"Sticking with Lambert is our best chance of getting points" ??

No one, but no one know this.

This is the same sort of deluded shite as 'we were excellent'.

Deluded, absolutely **** deluded.

I believe the grand total of one person has said that.

Rather than publicly humiliating that user, why don't you take his opinion up with him via PM?

I for one hope we turn over Chelsea. The board has already said they're behind Lambert and they're not gonna sack him for losing to the league leaders.

Best we can hope for this season is staying up. There's no coming back for Lambert and I'd put a large wad on him not being here next season, but right now, with what we know, we need to survive, something we can only do with points.

Ding ding ding, winner. Perfect post.

Anybody hoping for us to lose isn't a fan. It goes against the very basis and meaning of being a fan.

Just as nobody knows that changing the manager is our best chance of getting points. So what is your point exactly?

I believe the grand total of one person has said that.

Rather than publicly humiliating that user, why don't you take his opinion up with him via PM?

I for one hope we turn over Chelsea. The board has already said they're behind Lambert and they're not gonna sack him for losing to the league leaders.

Best we can hope for this season is staying up. There's no coming back for Lambert and I'd put a large wad on him not being here next season, but right now, with what we know, we need to survive, something we can only do with points.

Ding ding ding, winner. Perfect post.

Anybody hoping for us to lose isn't a fan. It goes against the very basis and meaning of being a fan.

Im a big fan and can see Lambert has just about run out of ideas. I really want him gone but admit we need points, but believe me its a extremely close call.

Every point is critical. Even every goal we concede could ultimately decided our fate so we need to back the team. Unless we have a massive upturn in fortune I think Lambert will go in the summer. If by some miracle we get on a roll and stay up comfortably allied to a good cup run I'd give Lambert another chance if he got big backing in the summer. I can't see us staying up comfortably though and I think this year could be the tightest yet. Has a club ever won the FA Cup and stayed up then sacked there manager?? Maybe that could be one record for Lambert to aim for!

• Like 1

As is this idea that a defeat against Chelsea will make the board sack Lambert. That's why we're better off getting a good result because unfortunately he's staying regardless.

• Like 1

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

Worried that we mught get a result against Chelsea? Seriously??? The removal of the manager is more important to you than your team winning?
I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but personally I would take a loss against Chelsea because I absolutely believe that the team would be better off under a different manager. Lambert has shown an ability to win against the larger (read: richer) clubs, but at the weekend we lost heavily against one of those larger clubs, and Lambert has been unable to provide any form of consistency in any of the other matches in his tenure. It's true that we need all the points we can get, but I firmly believe that we stand more chance of getting those points without him, and the longer we leave it before getting a new manager the more difficult it will be for that manager to turn things around.

So for me yes, the removal of this manager is more important than winning at the moment because I believe it will benefit the club in the long run.

Edited by Villanun
  • Like 1

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

Worried that we mught get a result against Chelsea? Seriously??? The removal of the manager is more important to you than your team winning?

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but personally I would take a loss against Chelsea because I absolutely believe that the team would be better off under a different manager. Lambert has shown an ability to win against the larger (read: richer) clubs, but at the weekend we lost heavily against one of those larger clubs, and Lambert has been unable to provide any form of consistency in any of the other matches in his tenure. It's true that we need all the points we can get, but I firmly believe that we stand more chance of getting those points without him, and the longer we leave it before getting a new manager the more difficult it will be for that manager to turn things around.

So for me yes, the removal of this manager is more important than winning at the moment

What makes you think a loss to Chelsea will get rid of Lambert?

Why are you worried? If we get a result **** brilliant - isn't that what we want - results. Forget the fact that he will still be here. The ONLY thing that matters AT THIS MOMENT in time is that we gain points and a win is the correct conclusion. Him being here after the result is secondary - I know what I want - three points (at least no loss) - b******cks to anything else! Just my opinion.

Naz, do you realise you put "just my opinion" after nearly everything you write?! We've all been doing this for a while now, we've sort of realised that most of what people write is their opinion rather than cold hard facts mate! ;) Just my opinion.

Russo mate. Have to sometimes cod in the past I've had responses having a go at me over what I say. Not everyone understands that it's an opinion. Many take it as fact in the way it's worded. So for everyone - whenever I post in future it is MY OPINION ONLY and not fact or a rant at anyone. Is that ok mate?

So for me yes, the removal of this manager is more important than winning at the moment

What makes you think a loss to Chelsea will get rid of Lambert?

I admit that the danger with my point of view is that I'll be thinking "just one more loss and they'll get rid of him" right up until the point that all those losses gets us relegated. It's a toughie.

Absolutely no chance a loss against Chelsea makes Lambert get the sack (unless it's a ridiculous scoreline)

Therefore it's mental to not want us to pick up points

Honestly I don't think he'll get sacked after a loss against chelsea, no. But as I said, I think it's mental to persist with a manager who's only just got us out of relegation for the last two seasons and is so far doing worse this season, and I worry that the longer we leave it to replace him the harder it will be to turn things around.

I'm torn because I want villa to win every match but I believe that it is imperative that something changes.

Absolutely no chance a loss against Chelsea makes Lambert get the sack (unless it's a ridiculous scoreline)

Therefore it's mental to not want us to pick up points

Honestly I don't think he'll get sacked after a loss against chelsea, no. But as I said, I think it's mental to persist with a manager who's only just got us out of relegation for the last two seasons and is so far doing worse this season, and I worry that the longer we leave it to replace him the harder it will be to turn things around.

I'm torn because I want villa to win every match but I believe that it is imperative that something changes.

I agree with you. He isn't fit for purpose and should be replaced ASAP.

However, wanting us to lose against Chelsea isn't the way to go about that. We need points.

• Like 1

We need the points, but cannot see it happening. And I would be pretty sure that if we stay up, Lambert will be here next season.

We need the points, but cannot see it happening. And I would be pretty sure that if we stay up, Lambert will be here next season.

What a horrible thought. I'll have nightmares now.

What a horrible thought. I'll have nightmares now.

No no no. If we are safe on the last game of the season, we should give him the Mcleish special. Hound the F**** out our club.

• Like 2

Â