Paul Lambert

limpid

I think after palace and once Southampton start running rings around us, the crowd will turn en masse against Lambert & his cronies. This season at B6 has been the very definition of unacceptable

And this has been predicted time and time before and has yet to happen.

Why's it so hard to accept that people can see the bigger picture?

Yet to happen because we pulled a result out the bag. WBA at home and Norwich at home were on the verge.
The boos from the Holte had started to resonate out at 0-1 v Norwich and playing poorly
The crowd were ready to explode like they did with houllier and McLeish that game. Benteke had a moment of magic to stop it.

I think its a case of when not if the crowd completly turn.

They really weren't ready to explode, absolute rubbish.

Oh OK.

I like the post by accident....can unlike it on mobile for some reason.

Yeah, that happens to me too sometimes.

Suggesting that the statements "he is the right man for the job" and "no other manager could so better" mean the same thing is utterly ridiculous. Like "I'm deliberately misunderstanding this for no other reason than being an arse" ridiculous. There are very clearly shit tons of managers that could do it better... I certainly haven't said otherwise. What I have said it that whilst Lambert has the job he should be backed because his own failings are not the sole reason for the appalling form. That is not acting as an apologist...that is understanding there is a deeper argument to be had beyond "he's **** shit get rid"

Every manager sacking since the first has not solely down to the managers failure. Its easier to sack the one than sack a whole team not performing for example. Again, nothing particularly challenging or controversial there.

Well it would seem like that when you substitute the word 'right' (which was never used) for the word 'best'. 'The best man for the job' and 'the right man for the job' are not quite the same thibg as I'm sure you know. Secondly, this isn't regarding only your own personal view per se but those who regularly make the statement: "No other manager could've any better than Lambert". Which if you bother to check, you'll see is regularly rolled out by his supporters. You are the one who felt compelled to speak on behalf of all of them remember.

I have not seen a single poster NOT ONE who has said that Lambert is completely free from all blame. You appear to confuse people trying to balance a one sided, reactionary, often hysterical argument that just because of x, y or z he has to go.

The fact you think his supporters are the ones who take a balanced view of things is simply indicative of your own bias.

Labeling a group, any group is against the forum rules and I would recommend you stop that.

I did not know this.

Criticising anyone using the words "word removed" for example clearly equates to abuse.

Hardly and it depends on the context really. Which of my posts were you were referring to out of interest?

If you read it again you'll realise it does. He said we haven't had a FULLY-FIT Benteke for most of the season. Your response reads like you're responding to someone claiming that we'd been without him entirely for the majority of the season.

Self-pretentious babble? Okay. Nice one.

Me and my ilk, what does that mean Isa?

Yes, thank you I was quite capable of understanding that. I dispute that Benteke hasn't been fit for the majority of the season being my point.

Regarding the last question, well I referring to the 'people' you felt authorised to speak on the behalf of...

This must be the toughest managerial job in the Premiership, I cannot think of any other manager who would be an immediate success without an open cheque book.

Rubbish. And he doesn't have to be an immediate success, we just need to see improvement and progression to show that he can be a success. He's failed.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 2

Immediate?

Again I don't understand this argument, as if it's been five minutes and people are on his back, as I said earlier he's the fifth longest serving manager in the premiership.

Additionally I don't think anyone is/was expecting him to be an immediate success but at least progress to be made under his tenure and in my opinion there has been none.

as I said earlier he's the fifth longest serving manager in the premiership.

To be fair, and I'm not getting involved in the argument, but that is a totally misleading statistic that you're using.

To be fair, and I'm not getting involved in the argument, but that is a totally misleading statistic that you're using.

Why exactly is it misleading?

Was thinking the same.

Really? If anything it only serves to show that he has been given a lot more time than some of his counterparts who have been sacked for less.

5th longest-serving implies that he's been in the job a long time but really it's not even been 2 years. There's been a high turnover of managers recently in the PL.

Edited by Mantis

Was thinking the same.

If you take out Wenger from the equation the average at the moment is 351 days or something.  Wouldnt be hard to be 5th

• Like 1

Lambert being 5th gives absolutely no context. The reason he's 5th is down to the nature of the PL, with managers not lasting a long time in their jobs. This isn't a climate where managers routinely last 2/3 years and so saying he's the '5th longest serving manager' is misleading because it offers no context.

I could have been working in an office for 3 months and they've taken on 10 new staff in the last month. I could be the longest serving member of staff, but actually when using the context, I haven't been there long at all.

5th longest-serving implies that he's been in the job a long time but really it's not even been 2 years. There's been a high turnover of managers recently in the PL.

It implies that he's the 5th longest serving manager in the league. The point is he hasn't just been here a few months.

Edited by Big_John_10

Really? If anything it only serves to show that he has been given a lot more time than some of his counterparts who have been sacked for less.

I'm not getting drawn into it, but with that sort of black and white approach I'm not surprised that the thread goes around in circles.

Lambert being 5th gives absolutely no context. The reason he's 5th is down to the nature of the PL, with managers not lasting a long time in their jobs. This isn't a climate where managers routinely last 2/3 years and so saying he's the '5th longest serving manager' is misleading because it offers no context.

I could have been working in an office for 3 months and they've taken on 10 new staff in the last month. I could be the longest serving member of staff, but actually when using the context, I haven't been there long at all.

This is a football fans forum. Surely you don't have to explain current context about things that are quite obvious to football fans.

This is a football fans forum. Surely you don't have to explain current context about things that are quite obvious to football fans.

Well clearly I do, because 3 people think using '5th longest serving manager' in a debate without any context is relevant.

A 'long-time' is contextual though. In the current Premier League managerial climate, he has been given quite a bit of time which is why he is 5th on the list.

It's not as if there has been a greater turnover of managers than any other season, well id be surprised if this was so, so fail to see how there is no context as it's comparing his time in employment to his peers.

It implies that he's the 5th longest serving manager in the league. The point is he hasn't just been here a few months.

And neither has been given sufficient time nor money to produce a squad capable of better.

Why has he not bought world class players? Because he doesn't have world class money.

He has spent c. £40m in 4 transfer windows....so £10m a window on average. That doesn't even buy James Milner.

Villa are 4th from bottom in the league in terms of gross spend on transfers this season. Only WBA, Stoke and Newcastle have spent less.

Fact of the matter is this....Lambert is doing crap because he hasn't been given the resources to do better.

• Like 2

Â