Paul Lambert

limpid

Mantis, I'm serious when I say that I enjoy your positive posting (Good on you), However, today I'm not in a frame of mind to listen to anything positive about our season, when the players and manager have just capitulated big time!

Don't read my posts then.

Me mentioning our improvement was only in response to other posts anyway. It's not like I came in here straight after the defeat pretending that awful game never happened.

Edited by Mantis

Why did it take Lambert over 30 mins to see that Albrighton was playing out of position and doing absolutely bugger all there?

Over 30 minutes, that must be one of the improvements I keep reading about. Usually he wouldn't spot it at all.

This time last year (March) we were:

on 30 points

10 points from 9th

6 points from 10th

7 points from bottom.

This year we are:

On 34 points

11 points from 9th

3 points from 10th

10 points from bottom.

Basically, we are one win better off than we were last season, unfortunately other teams progressed more than we did, so our progress isn't as great as it could be. Perhaps that AM might have helped.

• Like 1

Why did it take Lambert over 30 mins to see that Albrighton was playing out of position and doing absolutely bugger all there?

Playing Albrighton through the middle has to be right up there regarding Lambert's tactical gems.

"You don't dwell on it now. You pick yourself and go again."

From the Paul Lambert post match verdict on the OS. :) 

Im no fan of Lambert and wan't him gone sooner rather than later, but today the players really let him down.

Edited by sne

Amusing but predictable that we are back to calling for the manager to be sacked after our first loss for a few weeks.

It seems it's not possible to lose a match and move on to the next game, every loss must be punished with a change of manager.

• Like 3

Amusing but predictable that we are back to calling for the manager to be sacked after our first loss for a few weeks.

It seems it's not possible to lose a match and move on to the next game, every loss must be punished with a change of manager.

As I said earlier, you seem to not understand that those wanting him gone didn't stop wanting him gone because of a couple of victories.

As I said earlier, you seem to not understand that those wanting him gone didn't stop wanting him gone because of a couple of victories.

Some people think that fans only want the manager sacked after a defeat. They believe that fans are placated by the rare victories and have knee jerk reactions to a loss. What they are blind to is the fact that some fans look at the season as a whole when concluding that we are poor and not just the latest defeat (of which there have been many).

• Like 2

& by the same argument & observation those who are 100% still behind him in what he is trying to build & achieve here( of which I am certainly one) don't stop losing sight of the project he has undertaken or want him gone because of an unfavourable result & performance.

This team beat Chelsea last week (deservedly) & now have a major set back to deal with against Stoke this time around. Can Lambert deal with it & go again?

The Board seem to think so & I think they are absolutely right.

In Lambert we trust.

• Like 3

Look, Chslea lost to us and their world didn't end. They picked themselves up and they thrashed Arsenal in the next game. We beat Chelsea, very unexpectedly, after beating Norwich the previous week. We've picked up 6 points from 9, where many of the people being most vocal in this thread right now predicted none, or just one or two. We do what Chelsea did and we pick ourselves up and look to the next game. If we don't win that one, and let's be honest, it's unlikely we will, but we've shown we can win any match, then the next week we've got Fulham, and if we win that we're in a good place regardless of the United outcome.

There's not a poster on here who wouldn't have thought 9 points from Norwich, Chelsea, Stoke, Man Utd and Fulham was anything other than a great return. For many, 6 would've been decent enough and we've got that with 2 games to spare.

Just like the world didn't end for Chelsea, it doesn't end for us. We're very inconsistent and everyone here knows that, which is why I don't understand the massive panic when we put in a dire performance and get beaten. It's par for the course in our development

Bingo

Â