Paul Lambert

limpid

Bobzy  the manager at every club get's the blame for what happens on the pitch. It's they're job to sort that side of things out?

Look at the Barcodes they some were calling for Pardew's head? I would give my right one to be in the same position as them safely in mid table.

Lambert is the luckiest manager in football to still have a job after the complete tosh we have seen at home.

I don't defend the football we play on the whole, some of it has been absolute garbage.  However, when we've played well in general but lost a game, people are still all too eager to jump on the managers' back.

It would've been the same end situation if Remy has scored after Vlaar decided to fanny about in his own area.  There's nothing a manager can do about that sort of decision making, but we all know where the blame would've gone.

I'm not saying Lambert is a brilliant manager by any stretch of the imagination, but some of the criticism aimed towards him given the nature of his job is ridiculous.

Difference was it was one of Lambert's shite substandard Championship signings, who in the end cost us the game. Shouldn't of even been near the stadium.

Edited by Avflife

Bobzy

Was Laudrup getting sacked fair? Was MacKay getting sacked fair? Was Rene at Fulham getting sacked fair?

No - they were all ridiculous decisions and you've now got Fulham bottom, Cardiff second bottom and Swansea level with us on points.

Maybe we should join them in their brilliant choices though?

If he takes us down can people see Lerner sticking with him because he's got teams promoted before?

The problem is that this squad will not be able to compete in the Championship.

Well that all depends who stays and who would go. A team of Guzan Lowton Clark Baker Bennett / KEA Westwood Grealish / Gabby Kozak Albrighton. Should be play offs worthy?

Guzan, Westwood,Gabby, Kozak (possibly) and Albrighton will be off - All saleable and can get Randy some more money to pay off his debts. He can pocket the parachute payment and tell whoever is the manager to get loans from Port Vale and Accrington Stanley

Bobzy sacking Lambert now is not going to make any difference to our season so I say stick with him till May but get a replacement in sharpish then.

Completely agree sacking him now does nothing.

I stick to my original viewpoint to be honest - if we go down, he goes.  If we stay up, he needs funds in the summer and then he has until January.  I'm willing to believe that his appointment was a more long-term view than most but January 2015 sees him halfway through this (presuming 5 years) and we should be seeing some sort of improvement by then.  A lot depends on being able to bring in some quality now that we have an initial squad, though.

• Like 2

I don't agree Bobzy I think he has shown no improvement to justify him staying on. His signings aren't good enough and he is tactically unaware. Get rid in the summer for a more progressive manager. This was a justifiable mistake by Lerner but he must rectify it come May. 

Bobzy sacking Lambert now is not going to make any difference to our season so I say stick with him till May but get a replacement in sharpish then.

I stick to my original viewpoint to be honest - if we go down, he goes.  If we stay up, he needs funds in the summer and then he has until January.  I'm willing to believe that his appointment was a more long-term view than most but January 2015 sees him halfway through this (presuming 5 years) and we should be seeing some sort of improvement by then.  A lot depends on being able to bring in some quality now that we have an initial squad, though.

Genuine question Bobzy, is Lambert a good enough coach and tactician to get the best out of "quality" players if we survive? (I agree that sacking PL this season is not a good idea)

Stefan is it because you have your head so far up Lambert's arse that you don't seem to see what the rest of us do?

LMAO, don't even know how anyone can defend Lambert after that piss poor performance yesterday including another round of shite substitutions.

Edited by Avflife

Genuine question Bobzy, is Lambert a good enough coach and tactician to get the best out of "quality" players if we survive? (I agree that sacking PL this season is not a good idea)

Honestly?  I don't know.  Sometimes his tactics have worked brilliantly, other times they've been clueless and lacking in any sort of plan B.  I do think part of this comes down to working with a lack of quality (could be his fault, could not be - don't want to bring up the "how to create a squad" debate again).

The thing is that I think I'd trust him with decent money.  Benteke, Okore, Vlaar and Kozak have been at the expensive end of his signings and all of them look (in the case of Okore especially, it's just "look") good enough players for us.  Re-signing Guzan was obviously a great call too.  Some of his cheaper signings have been terrible, but they're very cheap.  Similarly, the tightening up of the defence this season as well as the Kiyotake/Hoolahan links reassure me that he can identify our obvious weaknesses and will move to address them if given the chance.

This is why I think he needs the summer/start of next season (as long as we stay up).  If he does get about £20/30m to spend on quality players rather than squad fillers then I'd like to see who he'd get and how he'd set up the team next time out.

For all his negative points, he's probably got the toughest job in the Premier League and I'd like to see him given an actual chance rather than the sack after 2 seasons.

If this season ends up with yet another exercise in barely avoiding relegation which looks to be the case then I truly think Lambert has to go.

There is still time for our luck to change but lets face it every fan on here will expect us to lose ugly to Norwich next weekend.

I kind of see your logic Bobzy but I still think that the home form or lack of swings me into the sacking him in the summer camp. To be honest I blame Lerner more for the position we are in and unfortunately we cannot just sack Lerner.

I think we are a step too far too soon for Lambert.

Stefan is it because you have your head so far up Lambert's arse that you don't seem to see what the rest of us do?

Eh?

I asked why you thought meulensteen and McKay did a good job? I didn't even mention lambert, never mind defend him.

I keep seeing he needs backing  which granted he does but that doesn't cut it when he has been beaten but footballing giants thats are Bradford /Millwall and Shef United.Once hey it happens twice well maybe its just another bad day at the office but 3 times is criminal.Is lack of funds the reason we were beaten by Palace at home and out played for most of the game ?

Yes funds are tight but it's a poor excuse now for a team who seem to lack direction and any sense of a style of play.The differance this season to last is he has had the fullbacks hold back which has meant us conceding less but on flip side make us less of an attacking threat.

How many times in 18 months of his management have we look comfortable in any game ? 

Simply the facts are this season we are doing worse than under Mcliesh at same stage that is not defendable.

Stefan that was a reply to one of your earlier comments.

To answer that question though, Mackay, I thought he was doing ok for a newly promoted team and their first year In the league. Meulensteen had about 12 weeks with an aging squad and was trying to turn things around with younger players. He certainly think they showed us a thing or two at the Cottage? So they were both sacked too early and for the wrong reasons. Were they doing a better job than Lambert? We'll never know because they were not shown the patience Lambert has been afforded.

• Like 1

Â