Paul Lambert

limpid

I still can't believe people actually think no other manager could have done better.

It's been abysmal.

Collymore calling lambert out for saying we were excellent again.

But nobody ever wants to suggest who we should have hired instead, or who we should hire instead of him now? That is why I believe it, because there is no alternative in my eyes.

Honestly who, realistically, is going to be able to come in and fire us up the table with 11 games left?

Better yet who, realistically, is going to come in and fire us up the table with 11 games left as well as improving our squad with an average spend of £2m per player in the Summer?

We can rewind time and say we should have brought a new manager in to the club in January, but we all saw how much we had to improve the squad then - **** all. No 'good' manager in their right mind would want to join our club as things stand.

The club is in an awful state compared to what it used to be, I know this, you know this, but it isn't going to change with a new managerial appointment.

Edited by samjp26

There are probably some managers that could come in and have a short term impact (e.g. like what Di Canio did at Sunderland) but I really don't think that's the best course of action. Better to just get rid of Lambert in the summer if need be.

• Like 2

Funny that people mention Allardyce now, because it was only a couple of months ago that the pressure was really on him. Just goes to show that things can change quickly.

Well Norwich will naturally have a huge boost simply by the fact that they are playing their easiest away fixture of the season. If they play their usual game, flood the midfield and sit back they'll easily get the result they need.

Their easiest away fixture? They haven't beaten us at Villa Park since they've been up most recently. I know we're shit at home but then again we were shit at home for the last two seasons and still didn't lose to them.

Yes, I believe that when Norwich look at possible fixtures from now until the end of the season to pick up points, going to Villa park and getting a win would absolutely be their incentive, rather than going for the draw, which they usually do. They can absolutely go there without fear and get something, there are very few other fixtures where they would think that. I don't know what past results has to do with it. 

Have you seen their remaining fixtures? They've still got Stoke and Sunderland at home and Fulham away.

I don't understand your point. Norwich will see going to Villa Park as a massive chance to get out of the problem they are in, as will anyone else in a similar position. We have one of the poorest home records in the entire English football league. I don't know where the argument is here. 

TBH I don't follow enough football in this country and worldwide to really know who is out there. But my lack of knowledge in that area doesn't mean there aren't better options.

I just don't believe for one second that no manager could play better football or spend a limited budget better.

It's atrocious and i don't know how he keeps getting defended for it.

Talk of sacking him is pointless anway. He's going nowhere.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 2

TBH I don't follow enough football in this country and worldwide to really know who is out there. But my lack of knowledge in that area doesn't mean they aren't.

I just don't believe for one second that no manager could play better football or spend a limited budget better.

It's atrocious and i don't know how he keeps getting defended for it.

Talk of sacking him is pointless anway. He's going nowhere.

If there were an abundance of managers that could get teams to play better football on a very limited budget then we'd be seeing them do it. 

You said it yourself mate, he isn't going anywhere and I doubt he would be leaving even if we were relegated. Our problems stem from further up in the club and as things stand nobody knows if that will be changing or not.

Edited by samjp26

I think there's an awful lot of managers out there who have better credentials than PL and would be attracted to managing in the Prem. 

I think the job of managing our club right now is much bigger than simply getting somebody who is attracted to 'managing in the Prem' - Solksjaer was attracted to managing in the Prem, he isn't doing too well and he was actually able to bring in players he wanted. 

Edited by samjp26

Personally I would have Laudrup in the summer, assuming he is available, Bony was a brilliant signing (19 goals I think now) and the football would improve immensely.  

Absolutely. But he wouldnt want to come here to work with Dumb and Dumber.

Any decent manager will steer well clear of us- Lambert saw us coming from a mile away. A nice easy payday and he won't ever get a bigger job.

He is George Burley Mk II. This club should be banned form hiring crap scottish managers.

Edited by R.I.C.O.
  • Like 1

The club is in an awful state compared to what it used to be, I know this, you know this, but it isn't going to change with a new managerial appointment.

I certainly wouldn't sack him before the end of the season. He has assembled this pile of tripe and I doubt very much any manager could get much more out of them.

In the summer though a change could well be beneficial. Another rebuild is required as most of our players are out of their depth. One thing is looking very likely is that we will not progress under Lambert. In almost two years here he has rebuilt the squad, all be it on a limited budget, and yet we are in pretty much the same position he found us serving up dire football

Sticking with Lambert is like throwing a dice. We currently have a 2 and some seem content to stick with that for fearing of throwing a 1. We could however take a punt and throw a 3, 4, 5,or 6.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Sticking with Lambert is like throwing a dice. We currently have a 2 now and some seem content to stick with that for fearing of throwing a 1. We could however take a punt and throw a 3, 4, 5,or 6.

Agree 100%

But I don't think we could do any worse. Whoever comes in and inherits this squad full of deadwood has a hard task, but I just cannot see how Lambert will take us any higher - we are better to start again with another manager who has a bit of nous.

I certainly wouldn't sack him before the end of the season. He has assembled this pile of tripe and I doubt very much any manager could get much more out of them.

In the summer though a change could well be beneficial. Another rebuild is required as most of our players are out of their depth. One thing is looking very likely is that we will not progress under Lambert. In almost two years here he has rebuilt the squad and yet we are in pretty much the same position he found us serving up dire football

Sticking with Lambert is like throwing a dice. We currently have a 2 now and some seem content to stick with that for fearing of  throwing a 1. We could however take a punt and  throw a 3, 4, 5,or 6.

I don't think another rebuild as such is required, but some serious investment is needed. We've had the squad completely overhauled bar a few players who we've kept and the wages have obviously come down dramatically.

This has been done whilst still staying in the league and I'd imagine Lerner and Faulkner are happy with this. Our squad rebuild was not to push us up the table, it was to bring down the wages and to survive on the cheap. 

Fair enough I guess as there were and still are players on ridiculous amounts, but whether or not we'll actually add quality to this squad now is a question that will only be answered in the Summer.

In the summer though a change could well be beneficial. Another rebuild is required as most of our players are out of their depth. One thing is looking very likely is that we will not progress under Lambert. In almost two years here he has rebuilt the squad, all be it on a limited budget, and yet we are in pretty much the same position he found us serving up dire football

Sticking with Lambert is like throwing a dice. We currently have a 2 and some seem content to stick with that for fearing of throwing a 1. We could however take a punt and throw a 3, 4, 5,or 6.

Honestly I think that analogy is barely applicable at all.

Funny that people mention Allardyce now, because it was only a couple of months ago that the pressure was really on him. Just goes to show that things can change quickly.

Well Norwich will naturally have a huge boost simply by the fact that they are playing their easiest away fixture of the season. If they play their usual game, flood the midfield and sit back they'll easily get the result they need.

Their easiest away fixture? They haven't beaten us at Villa Park since they've been up most recently. I know we're shit at home but then again we were shit at home for the last two seasons and still didn't lose to them.

Yes, I believe that when Norwich look at possible fixtures from now until the end of the season to pick up points, going to Villa park and getting a win would absolutely be their incentive, rather than going for the draw, which they usually do. They can absolutely go there without fear and get something, there are very few other fixtures where they would think that. I don't know what past results has to do with it. 

Have you seen their remaining fixtures? They've still got Stoke and Sunderland at home and Fulham away.

I don't understand your point. Norwich will see going to Villa Park as a massive chance to get out of the problem they are in, as will anyone else in a similar position. We have one of the poorest home records in the entire English football league. I don't know where the argument is here. 

Of course they'll see it as a massive chance, I never said they wouldn't. What I doubt they'll see it as however as their easiest away fixture of the season.

Personally I would have Laudrup in the summer, assuming he is available, Bony was a brilliant signing (19 goals I think now) and the football would improve immensely.

And how much did bony cost?

£12 million, pretty good deal.

Exactly. He's not gonna get that at villa.

I can see the new manager interviews being....

"right, were looking for a young, dynamic go getter who can build a squad of young & hungry players to build a long and bright future for the club"

"sounds good, what sort of budget will I have?"

"500 quid, oh and the previous manager signed some players on inflated wages, so we need to get the likes of Ashley Westwood & bacuna off the books"

"forget it"

Edited by Jimzk5

Laudrup is a decent shout but it must be remembered that the philosophy at Swansea was already in place long before he came along. Would he be able to lay the foundations (rather than just building on them) with a limited budget here? I'm not so sure.

I can see the new manager interviews being....

"right, were looking for a young, dynamic go getter who can build a squad of young & hungry players to build a long and bright future for the club"

"sounds good, what sort of budget will I have?"

"500 quid, oh and the previous manager signed some players on inflated wages, so we need to get the likes of Ashley Westwood & bacuna off the books"

"forget it"

Who has Lambert signed on "inflated" wages? For all his faults I don't think that's one of them, probably because he hasn't really had that much to spend on wages in the first place.

Edited by Mantis

And how much did bony cost?

£12 million, pretty good deal.

Exactly. He's not gonna get that at villa.

Michu was 2 million, might not get that though. 

Â