Russel Brands "The Trews"

Demitri_C

Got in from work heard Students Whooping when Brand spoke and decided I wasn't in the mood ... Brand looked out of his depth in the few minutes I saw but I'll watch it another time on catchup and see how it plays out

Got in from work heard Students Whooping when Brand spoke and decided I wasn't in the mood ... Brand looked out of his depth in the few minutes I saw but I'll watch it another time on catchup and see how it plays out

Yet so is Farage and the terrifying thought is that he may have a pretty big say in the next general election.

woman on Question Time right now in the audience in the stripey top

utterly thick or nasty racist?

she claims to be from Canterbury and has just complained that Canterbury prison is full of immigrant prisoners

HMP Canterbury closed in 2013 

• Like 4

she claims to be from Canterbury and has just complained that Canterbury prison is full of immigrant prisoners

The inmates still in there must be getting pretty hungry by now.

• Like 1

That nobody on the panel picked her up on that point - does that mean they were simply waiting for their turn rather than listening? Or were they ignorant of what's happening in the town they are currently in, or were they busy having a quick minute on Candy Crush?

People all over the country that desperately want to believe 'sending them back' will make Britain a better place will feel their wrong view of the world was just justified and re proven.

• Like 2

That nobody on the panel picked her up on that point - does that mean they were simply waiting for their turn rather than listening? Or were they ignorant of what's happening in the town they are currently in, or were they busy having a quick minute on Candy Crush?

People all over the country that desperately want to believe 'sending them back' will make Britain a better place will feel their wrong view of the world was just justified and re proven.

All us 'foreigners' should go on strike for a week. See how the country copes.

Good point from Brand re 71 MPs benefiting from NHS privitsation.  It's akin to what happens in the US when contracts are handed out.  You just need to follow the money in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars to see who benefited the most.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

It's a real shame that discussion of tonight's QT is being had in the Russel Brand thread.

I think it fulfills a desire that's worryingly at the heart of political discourse. No matter how much Mordant craps on, she's much more interested in getting a PPS position.

Â