Can anyone out there write me some software

TrinityRoadSteps

I am looking for someone who could write me a piece of software to run on a Mac.

Nothing too taxing I don't think, although I know bugger all about programming. 

If anyone fits the bill if you could drop me a PM I will let you know what I am looking for. 

There are a few commercially available pieces of software that do the job but they are aimed at PCs and most seem to be a little more involved than what I want 

I would think your chances of a positive answer might be aided by actually describing what you're after in rather more detail than "some software".

In fairness, this is a better set of requirements than I get from some projects...

• Like 2

me a piece of software to run on a Mac. Nothing too taxing I don't think, although I know bugger all about programming. If anyone fits the bill if you could drop me a PM I will let you know what I am looking for. There are a few commercially available pieces of software that do the job but they are aimed at PCs and most seem to be a little more involved than what I want

There. Now what do you want me for?

• Like 2

I would think your chances of a positive answer might be aided by actually describing what you're after in rather more detail than "some software".

Probably yes. 

I just thought some people might prefer to discuss it privately rather than on an open forum. For whatever reason.

Anyway. The details. Basically I just want a programme that will generate a fixture list. I'm not sure how easy or hard this would be in practise. 

Meanwhile back to the geeky jokes!!

Probably yes. 

I just thought some people might prefer to discuss it privately rather than on an open forum. For whatever reason.

Anyway. The details. Basically I just want a programme that will generate a fixture list. I'm not sure how easy or hard this would be in practise. 

Moving and sorting data is incredibly easy. Depends on your actual USP for producing and working with the fixture lists. Most stuff that doesn't require high level graphics is web or browser based these days so it's platform independent and works on mobile.

• Like 1

Probably yes. 

http://www.fixturelist.com/

Fixture List Generator

Welcome to the Fixture List generator. This purpose of this site is to allow you to generate Fixture Lists for the Teams or Players featuring in your League. You can use it for anything from Football, Rugby and Single Player sports or games. ........

There are many such websites to use but I don't want to use websites as I would prefer to use a stand alone piece of software I could access anywhere at anytime. Most of the websites don't really offer me what I want unfortunately 

Seems to be reinventing the wheel if you ask me. You've got someone who has already written the algorithms to do it, why not run the software through your browser rather than asking someone to reverse engineer anything on the front facing aspect of the application for the macos cocoa API?

Oh, just reread what you said and it's not for macos because you want it available everywhere so it is browser based.

If I wasn't trying to (unsuccessfully) (sorry big d) find a place to move to in London which is all consuming and fairly soul destroying then I would have probs taken it up for training. But alas, not enough time.

As an aside, I love imprecise specifications. They're the best

"I want a shed"

"sure, here you go"

"wtf? It's built with pine and not oak wood and I wanted a study, jacuzzi and bar in the cellar"

"okay. Probably should have said"

• Like 1

Â