Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

46 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

It will not be long before someone catches a keeper out and just smashes a kick-off straight in & wouldn't be surprised to see a few more teams adopting something like an american football style onside kick off with a few players starting a run just before kick off is due to have an edge in pace

Leipzig did something similar a couple of years back but something like this now with only one player needed and being allowed to kick it forwards could make for some adventurous & overwhelming early attacks if people are brave enough.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Rule change. You used to have to kick it backwards, no you don't. 

The ball used to always have to go FORWARD and this kick off follows those rules.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

The ball used to always have to go FORWARD and this kick off follows those rules.

Exactly, meaning you needed 2 men to take the kickoff.

New rule means you can take it with one, very sensible, Ican't believe it took so long as it always came backwards anyway after the first 6 inch pass.

Surprised how poor Wales have been.

Excellent tactics from Norn Iron so far, Wales have played exactly into their hands with long diagonal balls and general slow play.

Amazed they haven't put Bale on the left direct against Hughes. 

• Like 1

I'll prefix this with the fact that I had to wake up at 4am for work, but I fell asleep for about half an hour during this match.  Seems I've not missed much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I'll prefix this with the fact that I had to wake up at 4am for work, but I fell asleep for about half an hour during this match.  Seems I've not missed much. 

For a 0-0 I'm quite enjoying it, both teams seem to be more scared to lose than trying to win.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not a particularly good tournament this is it? A victory for defenses, not a huge amount of quality going forward and a lack of goals. Two utterly shite second round games thus far.

Can't argue with much if that, with the way the sides of the draw have panned out there will probably be plenty other similar quality games.

Â