Kellie (Frank) Maloney

Guest av1

For three decades, hard-nosed Frank Maloney ruled as one of the kings of themacho world of boxing .

The tough-talking promoter and managerguided Lennox Lewis to become Britain’s first undisputed World Heavyweight Champ for nearly a century.

Millions watched as he celebrated in the ring with the boxer after his 1992 triumph. He became a household name.

But outside the ropes, Frank was embroiled in a secret, agonising fight of his own – one he feared he could never win, let alone share with the world.

Until now.

Because today, through the Sunday Mirror, Frank, 61, reveals he is preparing to change sex and is living as a woman called Kellie.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/frank-maloney-sex-change-boxing-4030910

She should have been proud of herself before. The boxing world wouldn't have been discriminative but would have seen it has a chance to show the world how open minded it is.

Edited by useless

I never get why stuff like this has to be "news".

I agree with what you are saying.

I'd say though, to give a reason, that I'd hope she could be seen as a role model, giving confidence and encouragement to others feeling the same way who are currently fearful of living their lives in the way they want to.

Ad then, hopefully more and more people living their lives how they want to and eventually it's not news anymore, just someone mooching about in the way they want to.

Edited by 8pints

Maybe, 8 (may I call you 8, or should I stick to Mr. Pints?), but I can't help but wonder about how this story came about - I just doubt that maloney went unprompted to the rag, more likely perhaps they either offered a wedge, or perhaps hinted that their coverage might be less sympathetic if maloney didn't "co-operate".

to me it's not "news", is not worthy of being in any paper, and certainly not on the front page.

• Like 2

Yeah, good point and how sad it would be if it was a blackmail type situation :(

And you can call me Otto :)

Or 8, whatever you want to.

The smile is part of my name

and

No one make black mail/male jokes,

We've been through this,

I'm brown

This subliminal message is not that subliminal

this one is though, seen by only a mighty few.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

If he was being black mailed he should have said 'I'm not standing for this' and made vlog on youtube explaining to anyone that's interested how it is, before the papers print a bad story. A bit like the video that the young diver made.

Reading her Wiki though doesn't sound like the greatest role model.

Maybe, 8 (may I call you 8, or should I stick to Mr. Pints?), but I can't help but wonder about how this story came about - I just doubt that maloney went unprompted to the rag, more likely perhaps they either offered a wedge, or perhaps hinted that their coverage might be less sympathetic if maloney didn't "co-operate".

to me it's not "news", is not worthy of being in any paper, and certainly not on the front page.

In this instance its a voluntary thing, Maloney has been helped by some group called TGPals and he wants to help others by going public or so she said on the radio box this morning. Apparently Kellie has already been running fitness classes for them…

For me though its just a totally uninteresting story

If he was being black mailed he should have said 'I'm not standing for this' and made vlog on youtube explaining to anyone that's interested how it is, before the papers print a bad story. A bit like the video that the young diver made.

Reading her Wiki though doesn't sound like the greatest role model.

UKIP?

I wonder if a lot of what she's said was born from frustration from what she was hiding? Not excusing it, never an excuse for those type of views, just genuinely wondering.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Yes, it also says she's been involved in racisim and homophobia allegations, and that she donated money to an holocaust denier's website.

I think I just realised Frank Warren and Kellie Maloney aren't the same person. I made the same mistake with Gloria Huniford and Judith Chalmers.

Edited by useless

Yes, it also says she's been involved in racisim and homophobia allegations, and that she donated money to an holocaust denier's website.

Yeah sorry, my second paragraph was a response to those first two, I'd never heard about the last bit.

I think I just realised Frank Warren and Kellie Maloney aren't the same person.

No but Kellie was also called Frank and has said some foul things.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Well it's only on Wiki so maybe it isn't true.

Frank Maloney did say some outrageous things, it is true. Horrible things, if it was to cover up Kellie then it's terrible, but hopefully it will stop from now on.

Small point of order, it wasn't a newspaper in the true sense of the word.

:)

• Like 2

People love gossip.  It's why tabloids and 'celeb' type magazines exist.  And for the sort of people who enjoy stories like that, and who wouldn't understand anybody growing up in the wrong body, a boxing 'hardman' to transsexual is the perfect bit of Sunday morning brain fodder.  It's hideous of course, but that's the society we live in.

• Like 1

Â