Our Darkest Hour ?

smetrov

Been following the villa since the early 70's - my first game was a div 3 match between Villa and Walsall - Ive followed the highs and lows since then....

I can honestly say Ive never felt so bleak about our future than I do now 

• We have a bunch of players - most of which I don't feel will ever be good enough for the prem..
  • Theres a reasonable chance that a player whom, when absent we scarcely pick up a point will be sold
  • Theres seems to be almost zero money for players, even the Albion can out muscle us in the transfer market
  • Despite my optimisn at his appointment - the manager seems now to be overwhelmed by the task he is charged with
  • The owner wants out - and given his track record at villa - than chances of the being a swift , clean, and beneficial sale seem remote....  

Sure Ive seen us relegated before.....Ive even known us spend 8 years outside the top flight - but should my fears be realised next season - I don't see an easy route back

This is nothing compared to turning on SSN and seeing Alex McLeish confirmed as Villa manager across the bottom of the screen. 

Touche...

but even then - you knew he wouldn't stay long...

The Mcleish appointment has been the single worst moment in my living memory of Villa. I was truly disgusted. Overall I do think this is becoming close to the darkest hour in my time. I'd say the one shining light is we still have a truly outstanding striker. I just wish he wasn't bloody injured!

After all these years supporting the club, I have come to the realisation that the Villa way is always the hard way, we never opt for the easy route. At the same time, it is part of why I love this great club and why success (when it returns!) will be much more sweeter, it is such an important characteristic of Villa. I will happily take the night in Rotterdam for a cup defeat against Rotherham, if that is how it has to be.

There is no need to be downbeat about our current situation. As others have mentioned, there has been desperate times that we have overcome (and soon after prospered). It is just a matter of time (and some tough love) before the Villa are successful once again. UTV.

• Like 4

I think Darkest hour is extreme as we have been in a lot worse places and came back. The difference being though is social media tends fan even the smallest flame into an inferno. This time last year I was confident of a good season it didn't pan out the way I expected but I can still see us being ok next season even if we don't add anymore players. Last season we had a number of injuries to crucial players and we collapsed at the end and I doubt this will happen again and hopefully lessons learnt will benefit all at the club. I think Lerner will free up some money if it doesn't look like getting sold before the end of the window to protect his investment. There may not be light at the end of the tunnel but it's not the darkest hour by a long shot.

• Like 2

The fact City were a league 1 side not that long ago gives me hope.

We were in a similar situation in the late 60s/early 70s to City. Both clubs fought their way back to the top flight backed by huge crowds that refused to quit. I have time for Manchester City and their genuine supporters. They do deserve the success they are having right now.

The fact City were a league 1 side not that long ago gives me hope. Also seeing Atletico Madrid winning La Liga and nearly the European Cup gives us all hope.

Yeah but so does the fact that about 10-15 yrs ago Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday were seen as big clubs. Neither have been near the top flight for years due to awful management. We could be the next one.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

The fact City were a league 1 side not that long ago gives me hope. Also seeing Atletico Madrid winning La Liga and nearly the European Cup gives us all hope.

Yeah but so does the fact that about 10-15 yrs ago Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday were seen as big clubs. Neither have been near the top flight for years due to awful management. We could be the next one.

We are more like the Everton of the 90's, nearly going down every season but always staying up.  The turd that cannot be flushed away  ;)

Edited by GENTLEMAN

You can't just hope that things will be OK, you need a plan, and right now we don't have anything going for us.  We have an idiot owner who has belatedly realised that he's not up to the job, trying to sell us but with nothing on the horizon.  We have a poor, tactically inept manager, and a rubbish squad.  The only hope we have is for a decent new owner, I just hope he doesn't arrive too late.

You can't just hope that things will be OK, you need a plan, and right now we don't have anything going for us. We have an idiot owner who has belatedly realised that he's not up to the job, trying to sell us but with nothing on the horizon. We have a poor, tactically inept manager, and a rubbish squad. The only hope we have is for a decent new owner, I just hope he doesn't arrive too late.

We got Bentake to.

Â