Group F: ARG BIH IRN NGA

limpid

You're buying into the media hype too much ;)

I don't need the media to tell.me how good messi is.

Just because its cool to hate Barcelona these days doesn't mean Messi is suddenly shit.

And like I said, turning in an average performance and still winning the game with a worldy is why great players are great.

• Like 3

You're buying into the media hype too much ;)

I don't need the media to tell.me how good messi is.

Just because its cool to hate Barcelona these days doesn't mean Messi is suddenly shit.

And like I said, turning in an average performance and still winning the game with a worldy is why great players are great.

Spot on, he's dragging an underperforming Argentina team forward with great and crucial goals.

I stick by what I said, if anybody else had scored that goal, they wouldn't be making the fuss that they are. It wasn't that special but it's Messi so of course they need to play it up. If they beat Ecuador in the second round they have a pretty easy route to the semi finals so I expect more of the same.

They came out with some rubbish tonight though

"This is where you want to see the big players shine and Messi did just that". No he didn't, Martin, he was terrible. One good shot in 90 minutes isn't a "great performance".

That's what great players do though, isn't it?

They can turn in an average performance and still come out with a moment of brilliance to win the game.

Just like the mark of a great team is winning when not playing well.

Never said anything about him as a player Stevo, was talking about this performance.

Messi is a great player, that wasn't a great performance.

Edited by kurtsimonw

I stick by what I said, if anybody else had scored that goal, they wouldn't be making the fuss that they are. It wasn't that special but it's Messi so of course they need to play it up. If they beat Ecuador in the second round they have a pretty easy route to the semi finals so I expect more of the same.

but like I said.

It wasn't anyone else. It was Messi. Again, just like it was against Bosnia.

If any of the other Argentinians could do it against Iran, then why didn't they?

You can go on and on about "if it hadn't have been Messi". But it WAS Messi. Twice.

They came out with some rubbish tonight though

"This is where you want to see the big players shine and Messi did just that". No he didn't, Martin, he was terrible. One good shot in 90 minutes isn't a "great performance".

That's what great players do though, isn't it?

They can turn in an average performance and still come out with a moment of brilliance to win the game.

Just like the mark of a great team is winning when not playing well.

Never said anything about him as a player Stevo, was talking about this performance.

Messi is a great player, that wasn't a great performance.

where did I say it was a great performance? I specifically said it was an average performance.

Edit: oh you edited your post.

Edited by Stevo985

I'll keep an eye out for Messi singlehandedly winning the World Cup, like the media suggest :)

would they have won either of their matches without him?

I'm not saying he's done it singlehandedly (although neither is anyone else except you).

But to deny he's made a significant contribution, despite his below par performances, is just being either stubborn or narrow minded

Edited by Stevo985

I'm really disappointed with Bosnia. After how they qualified, second highest scorers in the European section I expected a bit more. Of course there 'goal' against Nigeria should have stood which would have changed the game, but there was enough time after to force an equaliser.