Wales

slovenian

Cardiff

Snowdon....love going going up here regardless of route. Think We did the pyg track last time and the miners track back down. Will have to check that though.

Caernarfon castle just because I love castles!

I've never been but a lot of people go to abersoch

Barmouth. It's basically a seaside holiday town where loads of brum miles go on holiday or at least used to.

Cardigan bay is supposed to be nice

I also love the beacon beacons for a bit of walking.

Hope that helps, any other questions let me know

• Like 1

Caernavon castle is good. As a cardiff resident I will admit if you came this way there's not too much to see alrhough the museum is good. Caerphilly castle is nice, St fagans too. But i do like the south west coast from the gower thru to Tenby there are pleasant walks. Further north the Beacons are good for hillier walks too. I've been to Swansea and Newport and cannot in good conscience recommend either to fellow human beings though.

Spent the weekend in Pembrokeshire, running in the Preseli hills based from a village called Maenclochog. Seemed a really nice part of the world although a bit of sun wouldn't have gone a miss. 

Don't forget Monmouthshire.

Chepstow castle and Tintern Abbey would make a good day trip, Abergavenny & Monmouth are both lovely market towns also well worth a visit.

Beyond that, the Gower peninsula is pretty beautiful. Camping at Llangeneth is amazing, and you could also take the opportunity to learn to surf.

Under no circumstances should you go to Newport.

Went to Aberystwith today. It was **** rammed and couldn't wait to get away .

Aberdovey was the opposite. Lovely place that we will go back to again

Avoid wrexham. Worst place ive ever been any where in the world by far and that includes places like walsall and nuneaton.

Aberystwith is another hell hole.

I know its not technically wales but its smack bang on the border. Chester! Lovely lovely town. One of my favourite places in the UK and certainly has enough to occupy for a few hours.

Avoid wrexham. Worst place ive ever been any where in the world by far and that includes places like walsall and nuneaton.

Aberystwith is another hell hole.

I know its not technically wales but its smack bang on the border. Chester! Lovely lovely town. One of my favourite places in the UK and certainly has enough to occupy for a few hours.

**** off! 

I'm planning a trip across Wales with my gf at the end of June. Rent a car, hostels etc.

Any tips what to see, where to go?

Thanks in advance!

plenty to see and do in Cardiff, what sort of stuff are you after?

you can bike ride down the taff trail from Castle Coch, through the centre of Cardiff via Sophia Gardens, stop, have a look around the castle, shop in the victorian arcades then get a £4 river taxi down to the Bay where you can pick from dozens of restaurants and bars, see a show at the Millenium, do the Dr Who Exhibition or just eat icecream crossing the barrage

if it's sporty stuff you're after you can catch some cricket at Sophia Gardens or get wet doing the Cardiff International Whitewater rafting centre

some good clubs in Cardiff and a decent representation when it comes to live music, from small intimate gigs at the Globe or Clwb Ifor Bach or bigger stuff and plays and whatnot at New Theatre, St Davids Hall, The Sherman, Chapter Arts and the Millenium - don't be put off by Clwb being described as a welsh club, perfectly friendly and english speaking

a short hop from Cardiff is Penarth with a trad seafront and a pier and Cosmeston Mediaeval Village and walk around some lakes and ducks n stuff

or you could go to Rhyl and buy dirty smack for £20

Â