A different view of our team

PussEKatt

Ok,lets say we do get taken over by an outfit that is prepared to throw money at the club in the quest for success. 

You are the manager and the expectations of the board are.

1- To finish high enough to qualify for the Europa league after 3 seasons.

2- To finish high enough to qualify for the champions league after 6 seasons.

How would you start your rebuild ?

For me, I think that you cant add no more than 5/6 players per season otherwise the team will be in a perminant transition and results would show this.So for me I would keep Guzan, Vlaar,Albrighton,Delph,Benteke.I would offer to buy Bertrand, so I would be bringing in 5/6 players in my first season in charge.

What would you do?

Bring in,

William Carvalho

Kevin Volland

Maxi Beister

Jan Kirchoff

Sebastian Corchia

Bertrand

Sell

Luna

Baker

Weimann

Bowery (lol)

Sylla

Bent

Line up like this..

-------------------Guzan

-----Okore/Kirchoff---Vlaar

Lowton/Corchia-----------------Bertrand/Bennett

-----------Carvalho/KEA---Westwood

---------------------Delph/Beister

Albrighton/Grealish------------------------Volland

-------------------------Benteke/Kozak

If we get taken over and have a lot of money to spend we need to be buying the better youngsters (18-24)... Players like Kevin Volland would be brilliant for us, young, skillful, scores goals, assists and would get bums on seats and sell shirts...

I'd keep Westwood and have him play next to William Carvalho, he would be the Yaya Toure figure of the team (Carvalho that is) breaking up play and giving the ball to Westwood, he can pick a pass and with better players who have more than half a brain cell around him I think he would flourish! (Also he looks like he actually gives a toss about the football club!)

Then have Delph or Beister as the playmaker... making runs from deep into the box, always showing for a pass from Westwood/ Carvalho meaning that we can actually retain possession better and take pressure off the defense!

Volland and Albrighton/Grealish as wingers supplying the crosses and also swapping wings and cutting inside.... Not once this season I've seen us swap wings and try something different!!!

That would get us into the Europa in my opinion if we could get Benteke fit!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Start at the top. Appoint a CEO who knows a bit about football.

The players are not good enough, but many are capable of far better and others can make good squad players. The youth setup and training facilities are good. Our main problem lies with the chain of command, from Lerner and Faulkner, down to Lambert.

I would be prepared to give Lambert more time with more financial backing, and sign one or two key players in the first summer to stabilise what we have.

I would be against signing a while new starting 11 straight away, despite how poor that team has been.

• Like 1

Didn't a similar thread to this get locked last week?

Before we do anything we will need a manager that has the connections and footballing presence to get the good players to sign. Two token signings to follow for defence and midfield and build the rest around them and the players we already have. If we can get into the top half next season we have done well and hopefully push on from there.

tbh , I think we have an ok squad .. Lambert has few idiot thinking .. As sticking Weimann .. Also Gabby at home games where teams sets back .. Isn't giving the likes of Tonev and Helenius the chance (Where they haven't done worse than Weimann when they featured) ..

But at the same time , Benteke injured and not ready (for most of the season) , Kozak for half of the season , N'Zogbia for all of the season , Okore for all of the season ..

Our best player Benteke , his replacement Kozak .. N'Zogbia who could be a good choice in creativity or tricky playes for home games .. Okore our main defender with Vlaar ..

Anyway , I'd say the most important players are :

Guzan , Bacuna , Okore , Vlaar , Bertrand , Delph , Benteke .. 

Those are 7 , With other half first teamers : Gabby , Westwood , and maybe Tonev (I saw a lot of things from him would suggest he is a good player but I still couldn't say if I'm sure about that) , Albrighton , Lowton , KEA , Kozak ..

I will also consider Sylla (Who showed he could be a good player last season , Well i'd probably loan him) , Same thing will be done with Gardner .. And Helenius too .. I'd loan Weimann too to give him the last chance !

I'd leave Bennett as a back up for Bertrand , And sell Luna ..

That would leave for me 4 players to get ..

RW , LW , AM , DM .. 

AM and DM are much needed , Wouldn't say no to a proper and tricky LW or RW ..

Completely depends on how much cash is available we're going to get 20 anyway so an owner would be throwing money in on top of that. Personally I think it's most important to get the defence and midfield right and the initial players brought are most likely on the whole to become squad players in the future if you are going to become a CL club. Bit like when MON brought harewood .... Eek

If go with Richards, Bertrand and Ashley Williams.

Dembele and hoolahan.

The reason I have gone for these players are they would be available, getable, and none are unknown quantitys for less than 40m.

I'd expect Richards and dembele to be long term successes and the other three eventually to turn into squad players.

Line up like this..

-------------------Guzan

Jack wont be happy playing on the right ! Lambert in.

Copy the Southampton approach.

Appoint a manager who has a positive approach to the way the game should be played, implement it onto the current players, gradually buy better players to replace the current players with the right attitude and good ability.A good manager who can get the best out of his players, and instill confidence, and demand respect.

Have to say kevan, your brother does look a good footballer, hopefully he will be able to make many appearances for us, he is my kind of player.

• Like 1

Line up like this..

-------------------Guzan

Oh so he didn't sign for anyone else on his trip to Manchester then, Kev?

Line up like this..

-------------------Guzan

Oh so he didn't sign for anyone else on his trip to Manchester then, Kev?

Oldham on a permanent.

Have to say kevan, your brother does look a good footballer, hopefully he will be able to make many appearances for us, he is my kind of player.

Cheers mate hopefully he can keep himself grounded and continue.

Line up like this..

-------------------Guzan

Haha fair play mate xD I shall remember that for FM. ;)

• Like 1

Not sure the thread title matches the purpose here, I expected we'd be talking about championship grounds we'd potentially be watching us play in next season :/

Â