$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

With something like half of PL teams owned by billionaires, most of whom have more cash than Lerner, it would have taken something of Ellison proportions for us to fast track.

Getting taken over will probably give us a slightly higher budget & enable us to pay slightly higher wages that's about it. People need to keep their feet on the ground regarding what they think we'll spend under a new owner.

Agreed. Takeover or not we are in a relegation battle next season. Nothing will change overnight.
Can I have the lottery numbers as well?

Mantis we have had this same discussion for 2 years now and I was right both times. When are you going to realise I'm always right about these things? ;)

I just think it's ridiculous that you can state so certainly that we will be in a relegation battle next season. Let's just wait and see eh?

It's amazing how the value of the club happens to be a nice round number in the press. Never valued at £211 million, or £189m, always £150m, £200m or £250m.

It's almost like they're making it up as they go along.

:detect:

• Like 4

With something like half of PL teams owned by billionaires, most of whom have more cash than Lerner, it would have taken something of Ellison proportions for us to fast track.

Getting taken over will probably give us a slightly higher budget & enable us to pay slightly higher wages that's about it. People need to keep their feet on the ground regarding what they think we'll spend under a new owner.

Agreed. Takeover or not we are in a relegation battle next season. Nothing will change overnight.
Mantis we have had this same discussion for 2 years now and I was right both times. When are you going to realise I'm always right about these things? ;)

I just think it's ridiculous that you can state so certainly that we will be in a relegation battle next season. Let's just wait and see eh?

Is it really necessary for me to put IMO after every single post though mate? Obviously I don't know so for sure we will be in a relegation battle I just think it's very likely based on the past 4 seasons.

• Like 2

Ok clutching at straws time. Who is arguably the most supported football in England? Who is a one of the most successful players of that team's Premier League success?

If you were a potential buyer of a football club who would you like associated with the club?

I forgot to add I think Manchester United are massive in the Middle East.

Edited by Amo69

Ok clutching at straws time. Who is arguably the most supported football in England? Who is a one of the most successful players of that team's Premier League success?

If you were a potential buyer of a football club who would you like associated with the club?

Honestly, I have no idea what the question is here...?

:mellow:

• Like 1

Honestly, I have no idea what the question is here...?

:mellow:

No worries. I have no idea what the answer is! Edited by Amo69
  • Like 1

Is it really necessary for me to put IMO after every single post though mate? Obviously I don't know so for sure we will be in a relegation battle I just think it's very likely based on the past 4 seasons.

If that's what you mean then yeah it's probably best to put something like "I think we'll be in a relegation battle next season". We can't read minds.

The Mirror are talking cobblers if the BBC are to be believed:

Roy Keane has decided to remain assistant boss with the Republic of Ireland despite holding talks about becoming the new manager of Celtic.

Ireland boss Martin O'Neill, who managed the Parkhead club for five years, had revealed the approach to the 42-year-old from Celtic last week.

But a source at the Scottish champions said: "Roy was not offered the job - no-one has been offered it yet.

"But he has ruled himself out and asked not to be considered for the position."

O'Neill had said he expected a decision on Keane's future before Wednesday, when Ireland fly out to the United States for friendlies against Costa Rica and Portugal.

The Football Association of Ireland said in a statement: "Roy Keane has confirmed he will travel to the US after deciding not to pursue talks with Celtic any further."

Steve Clarke

Former West Brom manager Steve Clarke has become the bookmakers' favourite

Irishman Keane finished his playing career with Celtic before management experience with Sunderland and Ipswich Town.

Dermot Desmond, Celtic's majority shareholder, brokered a deal for Keane to become O'Neill's assistant in November.

The former Manchester United midfielder became a strong favourite among bookmakers to succeed Neil Lennon at Celtic after O'Neill revealed that Desmond held talks with Keane last week about a return to Glasgow.

However, Keane, who combines his coaching duties with work as an ITV pundit, said on 23 May: "I've got a job - I've got two jobs - I can't have another one.

"They are a brilliant club, an absolutely fantastic football club, one of the best in the world. But I have got a job."

He later added: "I'm not taking a pay cut for anybody."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27668334

If that's what you mean then yeah it's probably best to put something like "I think we'll be in a relegation battle next season". We can't read minds.

As opposed to ''it is objectively true that we will be in a relegation battle next season''?

cmon_son.jpg

• Like 2

Sometimes saying that you think something will happen just doesn't justify how strongly you actually feel that it will happen.

Well, saying "we are in a relegation battle next season" doesn't implying thinking at all but rather knowing. All I'm saying is that nobody knows what will happen next season.

I don't know where to put this so I am putting it here.

Roy Keane to be our assistant manager?

I **** HATE ROY KEANE!!!!

He has done sod all of worth since he quit being a player and is a complete dickhead.

Seriously, NO!

Edited by suttonpaul
  • Like 4

On the subject of this Mirror story it is complete BOLLOCKS.

Many people in football say Villa is definitely worth 200m

Story at the weekend and lets face it, a more reputable paper said there was 6 bidders and they could get 250m.

Pay no attention to this story at all.

• Like 1