Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Ronaldinho is leaving Atletico Mineiro and plans to announce where he's going on Wednesday. Please Villa, make me happy, just this once.

46LCZP4.gif

He is the biggest waste of talent in my lifetime. Was an incredible player for 2 or 3 seasons and since then an absolute waste of space.

Watching him waddle around at Wembley was heartbreaking.

Is a waste but at least he became the best in the world even if only for a few years. Won everything too.

• Like 1

He is the biggest waste of talent in my lifetime. Was an incredible player for 2 or 3 seasons and since then an absolute waste of space.

Are you kidding me? I'd love someone to waste some of our space like he did from 2002 to 2012. Even now he'd be incredible.

Are you kidding me? I'd love someone to waste some of our space like he did from 2002 to 2012. Even now he'd be incredible.

You mean 2002 - 2006 surely?

He went to AC in his late twenties in 2008 and he was well finished even then.

He'd be an expensive disaster, why on earth sign anyone so over the hill. 

He's 18 months older than Joe Cole (and less injury prone) and he was only on about £25k/week at Atletico.

Okay, now I think you are being serious.

Have you watched Ronaldinho at all the past 5 years, he can barely move. Why on earth would he come to the fastest league in the world at his age?

Some of the garbage I read on here is incredible.

He'd be an expensive disaster, why on earth sign anyone so over the hill. 

He's 18 months older than Joe Cole (and less injury prone) and he was only on about £25k/week at Atletico.

Fair enough, this doesn't seem like an argument worth having because we both know there's not even the slightest chance we're interested in him anyway. 

2009/10 - wasn't he top assists in Serie A and voted Milan's player of the season?  "Well finished even then"?

• Like 1

Yeah well finished at Milan. His last season there (the one where he scored 15 goals and got 19 assists) was an unmitigated disaster.

I've watched hours of Ronaldinho playing, even in the last few seasons. He's an all time great.

Yeah well finished at Milan. His last season there (the one where he scored 15 goals and got 19 assists) was an unmitigated disaster.

I've watched hours of Ronaldinho playing, even in the last few seasons. He's an all time great.

His last season was 10/11 when they paid him to **** off back to Brazil.

HIs indian summer, well yeah, fair play.

He is an all time great, for those 3 years at Barca he was absolutely phenomenal.

Talk of him coming to the Premier League now is laughable.

He was player of the season in Brazil in 2012 and lead Atletico to the Copa Libertadores LAST YEAR for **** sake. His "indian summer" is still going it seems.

Edit - He was 2013 South American Footballer of the Year, beating Neymar into second place.

Edited by ArteSuave

He was player of the season in Brazil in 2012 and lead Atletico to the Copa Libertadores LAST YEAR for **** sake. His "indian summer" is still going it seems.

Would be a truly amazing marque signing and a marketing masterstroke. Whatever his age, form or fitness people will pay good money to see a player of his calibre!

Brazilian football isn't the PL.

Ronaldo sdored goals there when he as carrying about 5 stones worth of timber, Jo scored goals there last year, Fred scored goals there last year.

He beat Neymar to player of the year last year.

You seem to think we'd be getting the performance you'd seen in the at the end of his off season at Wembley. If you'd actually watched him play in any competitive games you'd know he was currently MILES better than Joe Cole in every way.

If you really think he was an "absolute waste of space" except for  "2 or 3 easons" then I don't think we're talking about the same guy.

Ronaldinho has adapted his game and could conceivably have a decent season at a European club, but I'm not sure England is the place even if the game is thankfully (albeit belatedly) moving away from the neanderthalic kick and rush shite that many of the old boys club hold so dear.

One day we will have punditry that doesn't scoff at the mention of various types of midfielders and says shit like 'this is nonsense, you're a footballer, at the end of the day you put on boots, go out on the pitch and give 100%'.

I don't see what Moses can do that Gabby can't. They're both just fast, limited footballers. 

He's only 23 though! Gabby looks like he hasn't tried to improve in years (i mean really tried) otherwise he would have. 

I'm still not sure about him. At 23 and on the kind of money he's on, he should be pretty much the finished article and I don't think he'll ever be that good. N'Zogbia was more impressive for Wigan and he's been massively uninspiring for us too.

I agree - far too much money for a player like that. Moses definitely needs motivating and he doesn't deserve the wages he has. But you have to admit he does show what he's capable of every now and again. Has that little something - but his best gift is also his problem because why isn't he motivated to play like that all the time? 

Would be a truly amazing marque signing and a marketing masterstroke. Whatever his age, form or fitness people will pay good money to see a player of his calibre!

agreed but he should be used sparingly. Whoever got him would make a lot of money and attract a lot of attention just from having his name on a shirt. But whether he could hack this league is a completely different story. He'd need remodeling! 

Edit - having said that I've not seen him play in years he may have adapted his game now. 

Edited by tomh621