The Ides of March

romavillan

Citeh face Barcelona in the second leg 3 days after we play them so hopefully they will rest a couple of players.

6 points would be a reasonable return

Let's face it, they could drop 11 players and probably still muster a team capable of beating us.

like last year Carling Cup ;)

Yes, I take your point. Citeh have already had an off day against us this season though - I can't see them fluffing their lines a second time (law of averages and all that).

When was the last time AVFC did the double over a top 4 club... :wub:

I'm feeling a bit less Eeyore-ish today, so I will say we have a chance of 6 points from Citeh this season. They do fail to focus on matches from time to time and they have the League Cup final 6 days before our match and the second leg of their Barca tie 4 days after.

Couldn't be a better time to catch them off guard.  :)

As above, that Norwich game is huge! I'd have considered it an easy 3 points but I can't help thinking that Lambert will restructure the starting line-up just to get Holt into the side. Could be successful if tried, but very unlikely.

Stoke will be a different proposition to what we've had here previously and might press us and give us some space to attack them. Fancy a draw at least there.

I fear for our goal difference in the Manchester games. I can see us shipping 7 or 8 across the two games.

Chelsea aren't the best away from home and we've always done OK against Mourinho so it wouldn't surprise me if we got a draw out of that one. Having said that, they could also quite easily stick 3 or 4 past us.

Overall, I'll take 4 points, would love 6 but fear it will only be a 2 point return.

I'm feeling a bit less Eeyore-ish today, so I will say we have a chance of 6 points from Citeh this season. They do fail to focus on matches from time to time and they have the League Cup final 6 days before our match and the second leg of their Barca tie 4 days after.

Fair point, Briny.

Think it all depends how they get on in that first leg against Barca. If they still have a chance I can imagine them resting their their best players against us.

Fair point, Briny.

Think it all depends how they get on in that first leg against Barca. If they still have a chance I can imagine them resting their their best players against us.

This game could also be called off depending on the result in the FA Cup between them and Chelsea, pretty sure that weekend is the QF....would be interesting to see where our game would be slotted in assuming a City win.

Fair point, Briny.

This game could also be called off depending on the result in the FA Cup between them and Chelsea, pretty sure that weekend is the QF....would be interesting to see where our game would be slotted in assuming a City win.

Oh god... Don't tell Sky, they'll want this on TV so that Martin Tyler can cum in his pants when Aguerro nets in injury time to give them the title.

2nd season running, we could be on TV giving a Manchester club a goal fest spunkathon... as they 'clinch' the title...

LOL. ^_^

• Like 1

Norwich (H) - A game where can easily grab three points on a good day. We seem to have a good hold of them

Man City (A) - We are never going to get anything here, I would even take a 2-0 loss right now just to avoid humiliation. They average almost four goals each game at home!

Chelsea (H) - A point is possible, just like West Ham and WBA achieved recently. Most likely a loss though, our defensive unit is just too weak and Chelsea will grow stronger in my opinion

Stoke (H) - Same with Norwich, we'll probably win one of those two games, but if we nail both we are most likely staying up!

Man U (A) - They are not the same as under Ferguson, but still a good team and now Van Persie, Rooney and Mata are all playing. It's not like they're Newcastle all of a sudden. Loss

Yes we missed a lot of chances to get ourselves clear and basically safe, going to be a very uncomfortable end to the season.

Yes, we could pretty easily have been 6 points further up the table had we defended a bit better and finished a bit better. I do mean just a bit better too, not the form from the end of last year or the form we showed at Liverpool and against the baggies, just a couple of daft errors less and the width of the post or bar with a few finishes...

Fine lines. I'm pretty confident we won't be involved in any last day drama or anything though, hopefully we'll be safe by mid April latest. Then this summer is a big one. 

Edited by romavillan

We could also just as easily be in the relegation zone had we not managed to score a few absolute wonder goals.

But we've had wonder goals scored past us too, it works both ways.

Yes we missed a lot of chances to get ourselves clear and basically safe, going to be a very uncomfortable end to the season.

Yes, we could pretty easily have been 6 points further up the table had we defended a bit better and finished a bit better. I do mean just a bit better too, not the form from the end of last year or the form we showed at Liverpool and against the baggies, just a couple of daft errors less and the width of the post or bar with a few finishes...

Fine lines. I'm pretty confident we won't be involved in any last day drama or anything though, hopefully we'll be safe by mid April latest. Then this summer is a big one. 

Hmm im not so confident, but then again i never am i just always fear the worst in a relegation battle. I think the likes of wigan have showed you can get away with it for a year or two but in the end if you keep being involved in it every single year it will get you eventually. Thats what i fear will happen to us unless we progress.

But we've had wonder goals scored past us too, it works both ways.

I know. I don't see the point in talking about about what if. We are where we are.

I was just pointing out that if you're going to mention the fine lines that have gone against us then you have to acknowledge the ones that have gone for us.

Norwich (H) - must win game. If we can't win this we are truly screwed going into the next set of fixtures.

Man City (A) - comfortable away loss.

Chelsea (H) - comfortable home loss. Lampard will score a few as usual.

Stoke (H) - Another must win game. If we can't win this we will most likely be in the drop zone at this point.

Man U (A) - could get a point out of this, but we will probably roll over and die yet again.

Fair point, Briny.

Yes, their FA Cup 1/4 final match against Wigan  is scheduled for that weekend so who knows when we will play the Man C tie...

Yes, their FA Cup 1/4 final match against Wigan  is scheduled for that weekend so who knows when we will play the Man C tie...

AGUEEERRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Errrm, Gary... can you pass me a handkerchief please?

Citeh face Barcelona in the second leg 3 days after we play them so hopefully they will rest a couple of players.

6 points would be a reasonable return

Let's face it, they could drop 11 players and probably still muster a team capable of beating us.

Probably? Its an absolute certainty.

I have been thinking for a long time that citeh (a) could see the first double figure score if they are on song. A lot will depend on whether Vlaar is fit of course, but if he is not, shipping 10 would not be a surprise to me.

• Like 1

Â