Everton (A) - Loss

Liverpool (H) - Loss

West Brom (A) - Loss

Sunderland:

Palace (H) - Win

Norwich (A) - Loss

Liverpool (A) - Loss

West Ham (H) - Win

Can't see either Fulham or Cardiff staying up, if we can beat Norwich tomorrow and Stoke after Chelsea, I think we'll be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well...

Norwich (H) - 3pts
Chelsea (H) - 3pts
Stoke(H)
Man Utd (A)

...that's already a couple more than I was hoping for, and the way we have played has been a real turnaround. If we play as well as the last two you'd like to think we have too much for Stoke, but 3 wins on the bounce at home?!

7 pts from March will have been a good haul, but it'll feel disappointing to only get 1 point from the next 2 games. Can we really get 10? 9? Lot's of people in this thread were more pessimistic than my 4 points guess...

Moyes will have to be panicking about us. Fair enough when we're shite we're utterly shite (see Utd game in December) - but when we're on it we can create havoc; there's not really anything between.

If Benteke, Gabby, and Weimann get their confidence up Moyes will be shitting it.

Problem is it's like flicking a switch and we're back to utter rubbish again.

Moyes will have to be panicking about us. Fair enough when we're shite we're utterly shite (see Utd game in December) - but when we're on it we can create havoc; there's not really anything between.

If Benteke, Gabby, and Weimann get their confidence up Moyes will be shitting it.

Problem is it's like flicking a switch and we're back to utter rubbish again.

United will have to go for it. They can't play like an away side against us, they'll hang him from the nearest lamppost. They'll have to come and play football.

That said, they've no hope of dealing with us on the counter. He's going to have to be really canny is Moyes. We were a different beast back in December.

• Like 1

United will be playing their 5 game in 13 days when they play us. Not sure their experienced players will be able to play all of them. And on paper anyway, we would appear to be the easiest. I'm counting Wet spam away as more difficult only because it's away.  I doubt they would rest anyone against Man City.

Big ask to win up there for us, even with a lot of stuff in our favour going into the game. Even if we lose to Man U at old trafford and draw with Stoke, then March will have been much, much better than anyone was thinking it would be.

If we beat Stoke and lose to Man U, then we'll have got 9 points, where a lot of people were struggling to see 2 or 3. Either way we don't have to beat United to make it a good month.

If we do though...

• Like 2

It won't be a surprise if we lose that game - then again I said that before Chelsea - but we need to put up a fight. We rolled over for them at home, we should be looking to give them a real game now. The performance is more important than the result. 

The score line flattered them last night. They looked wide open at the back and 2 of their 3 goals were from a penalty and free kick. I didn't watch all of their game last night but from what I did see I can't recall ManUre creating much from open play.

We'll be relaxed going to Old Trafford, we won't be under pressure so I expect at least a point.

Edited by Robbie09

Whenever they're shit, we give them a leg up.

We seem to do this for every team. Any team in dire need of a win beats us comfortably. Except Newcastle, when we beat them, and they went down, and Shearer couldn't save them, Ha Ha Ha.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Whenever they're shit, we give them a leg up.

We seem to do this for every team. Any team in dire need of a win beats us comfortably. Except Newcastle, when we beat them, and they went down, and Shearer couldn't save them, Ha Ha Ha.

We were awful in beating them though.  Anyone else would've hammered them.  

Â