The Ides of March

romavillan

We could also just as easily be in the relegation zone had we not managed to score a few absolute wonder goals.

:crylaugh:

oh wait your serious :rolleyes:

Haha

So it doesn't work both ways? We're just unlucky? You really are coming out with the excuses for your low expectations recently.

We could also just as easily be in the relegation zone had we not managed to score a few absolute wonder goals.

Haha

So it doesn't work both ways? We're just unlucky? You really are coming out with the excuses for your low expectations recently.

this makes absolutely no sense

• Like 4

The Ci£y away game won't be in March now so many will have to now downgrade their points haul expectation for March

Yep so...

Norwich (H)

Chelsea (H)

Stoke(H)

Man Utd (A)

3 home games on the bounce you'd think for any normal team would be a great bonus. Not so for us, we're going to have ot turn around the home form in March for it to be a good month. Any more than 4 points from those 4 games I think is a bonus. A win at Newcastle could ease the pressure considerably.

Haha

Probably because you didn't bother to read the post I responded to and what was said after. You just jumped at the chance to try and have a go and ended up looking foolish.

Haha

Probably because you didn't bother to read the post I responded to and what was said after. You just jumped at the chance to try and have a go and ended up looking foolish.

YAWN. Instead of internet fight point scoring, how about adding something to the March discussion?

• Like 2

I'm looking at this including the Newcastle game. I think we will be able to get 5 points from the 6 games Draw with Newcastle beat Norwich and Draw Stoke. I'm also pretty sure Cardiff and Fulham will go. So in my eyes there is one relegation spot left.  I think Sunderland,may not necessarily go down, but will not get enough points to overtake us. They have 13 games left plus the 2 cups. Of those 13, 7 are against the top 7. We are as likely to get as many points against the top 7 as they are. So I see it that they have to make up 4 more points on us plus goal difference in their 6 winnable games than we do in our 8  winnable games. If that makes sense

After today's result we've managed to heap a load more pressure on ourselves, when even a point (although at half time you'd have been disappointed to not be bringing back all 3) from the Newcastle game would have been very useful.

Norwich have just beaten Spurs too, so will be coming to Villa Park with some confidence. If we have a March run like the February we've just had, then it's safe to say the wheels will have come off this season pretty spectacularly when a return to the levels of the end of last season at least would have seen us comfortably mid table. A March like February would leave us staring right down the barrel of relegation again.

10 games left, of which you can probably say we'd expect to lose 4 for definite. Means to get to that magical 40 points we've got to take 12 points from a possible 18. Not beyond our reach but when you think we've taken something stupid like 9 points from 13 games then it becomes a bit scary.

Just got to hope we beat Norwich and make things a little bit easier for ourselves.

Unless there is a serious amount of soul searching by our honest bunch of lads and an actual realisation of the dire position we are in from our crap manager, I can only see defeats next month, perhaps with the first double-digit defeat against Man City.

Lets hope we can pick up enough points to survive, but as soon as the final whistle is blown in the final match, Lambert should get his P45.

Â