Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

No need for subs yet. Holt hasn't been great, and we should revert to using him as a sub after this game, but no point messing with a working tactic just yet.

In all honesty, I think having him on the pitch has created more space for Benteke, the other CB has been busy focusing on Holt that Benteke only has the 1 marker.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Holt off for albrighton plz

I 'd bring a midfield player on and push Weimann up alongside Benteke.

Albrighton ability to run with ball will help on counter attack

I'd like to see Albrighton in the middle

Might be wrong but that sounds vaguely reminiscent of the Gerard Houllier era.

If Villa had a proper # 10 they probably would've scored 3. It was a good half anyway, but there were a few times when Weimann or Holt failed to play the correct through ball or played the correct one but screwed up the pass. Plus, Weimann could be playing up top with Benteke. I like Holt, but it'd be more effective than Weimann.

Barkley doesnt like playing us! anonymous at Villa Park (then Osman came on...and looked like pele) and done nothing in that 1st half before being subbed with a knock (of confidence no doubt) 

Or a broken toe hahaha. Either or.

• Like 1

Really can't understand why anyone is calling for substitutions at this stage???????

First half worked exactly to plan

Because we might be able to do better?

Or possibly worse..............If it ain't broke

Fair point, but i doubt Everton are gonna play the same way this half, so one has to react. Really i just want to see how helenius can handel himself!

Might be another better game for it though i spose