Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

At the end of the day it's all about players desire to win games and not who the manager picks, Lambert can only select players fit enough to play and those who have performed in training; there's 11 players on a side and if 5/6 players don't give a toss them we will lose every time no matter who you play. IMO Lambert is doing OK for us! (OK maybe not at home at the moment) we should see off this season before we call for heads to roll, one things for sure we will be mid-table this year AND THAT'S PROGRESS.

PS: Villa 2 Arsenal 2 (No! i'm not drunk!) Think the lads need to impress the fans at home and they will pull this out of the blue.

Not sure how long we can go on saying that these players will get better. In my view they are getting worse. Even Delph seems to have peaked now, he was poor today and in the two home games over Christmas (don't know about Sunderland as I wasn't there).

In my view we are literally clueless as to what to do with the ball when we get it. That, for me, comes down to organisation and coaching.

Delph was anything but poor today. He was a class above every other player on the pitch. We'll do well to keep him this summer, he's worthy of being at a top 4 club.

He is referring to the countless people who use the 'nobody could have done any better with the same resources' argument. That is tantamount to saying he is the best man for the job isn't it?

If you check the full history and the below he has twisted the conversation into claiming people are stating Lambert is the best person in the world for the job - which nobody has ever done.

Just correcting a wrong. :)

Does anyone really believe that he can turn us around to be a competitive side competing for Europe ?

More to the point, does anyone believe that anybody could turn us in a side competing for Europe in 18 months?

Who do you suggest that could do this dounavilla?

It's pretty obvious to me that there is no one available to do this... the manager needs to alter the team in the coming transfer windows. He should be judged on next seasons performances, not this one.

On the whole of planet earth there is not a better football manager for Aston Villa FC.

Mmmmm................!

Edited by AstonMartin82

Even after this latest cock-up, I still just about back Lambert. I don't think sacking him and bringing in a new boss will make a big difference the club needs some stability. There are wider reasons why Villa are where they are. But if he keeps on up serving total shit at home I am not suprised people are getting fed up.

• Like 1

Not sure how long we can go on saying that these players will get better. In my view they are getting worse. Even Delph seems to have peaked now, he was poor today and in the two home games over Christmas (don't know about Sunderland as I wasn't there).

In my view we are literally clueless as to what to do with the ball when we get it. That, for me, comes down to organisation and coaching.

Delph was anything but poor today. He was a class above every other player on the pitch. We'll do well to keep him this summer, he's worthy of being at a top 4 club.

Really? Delph is decent but top 4 material he is not.

• Like 3

Not for me. I've been a big fan of Delph this season, but he did not have enough influence on the game against a league 1 side. He made far too many balls that. went over the head of a player on the opposite side of the pitch. I can see he was trying something else, but just didn't come off for him.

Granted he wasn't the poorest, but that's not saying much this season.

Not for me. I've been a big fan of Delph this season, but he did not have enough influence on the game against a league 1 side. He made far too many balls that. went over the head of a player on the opposite side of the pitch. I can see he was trying something else, but just didn't come off for him.

Granted he wasn't the poorest, but that's not saying much.

Edit double post.

A bit of an exaggeration...

This thread is also known as the "exaggeration thread" so it's cool. ;)

• Like 2

And I can say I'm really backing Lambert, it's just I don't think there's anyone better out there who would take the job and do a much better job under under this board.

I dont think we are to far away from a comfortable mid table team, but Lambert is making mistakes and the football is no better than McLeish(no worse either no matter what you think you remember).

Edited by Oaks

Which bit? I stand by both. And I'm always right ;)

I agree. Clark was my MOTM, but Delph was excellent.

Which bit? I stand by both. And I'm always right ;)

Delph being a top-four player. He offers too little on the ball to be considered anywhere near that. In fact, he inability on the ball has been greatly exposed in our last few league games I thought.

To defend Lambert you could say we are doing well to be 11th. When you consider how poorly we have played in most matches, our abject home form, most of the new signings making no impact, and several key players from last year off the boil (Weimann, Tekkers, Westy,Lowton). Had Vlaar been out for a long period like last season, we would be about 18th though.

Our game plan seems to revolve around 7 or 8 square balls back and forth along the back line until someone either panics or gets bored and hoofs it aimlessly forward. That is down to the management (or lack of).

In all fairness to the management they actually coach the back line to pass it back to the keeper when they panic, so he can hoof it aimlessly forward. ;)