The R word

villanwesty88

Half his goals were put on a plate for him. His hold up play was average, he was poor in the air and barely touched the ball compared to benteke because of his average movement and shocking pace.

They're only easy goals if you get yourself into a good position to make them easy.

Exactly. I still don't understand where all this Kozak hate comes from. Has to be one of the most underrated Villa players in recent years purely because of how much unjust shit he gets from some fans.

Half his goals were put on a plate for him. His hold up play was average, he was poor in the air and barely touched the ball compared to benteke because of his average movement and shocking pace.

They're only easy goals if you get yourself into a good position to make them easy.

Benteke has never had any put on a plate for him either. Certain fans just don’t think Kozak is trendy enough, ignore the important goals he scored. Your banging your head against a brick wall even trying they won’t have it.

I see we've gone a bit off topic talking about Kozak here but I gotta admit I wasn't to impressed by what I saw. Yes he scored a few important goals but his whole round game was pretty disappointing. Maybe that's because we need a lot more from our strikers and can't afford to carry just a finisher E.g. Bent.

Kozak has scored some poachery goals. Which isn't to be scoffed at but his all-round game has been poor. I thought the whole point he was signed was to play as a target-man?

This has gone a lot off topic if you ask me. 

Is Kozak in line to return to the squad this season? I didn't think so.

In which case, it's hard to see how he can have any impact on our relegation struggle.

Edited by briny_ear

Exactly. I still don't understand where all this Kozak hate comes from. Has to be one of the most underrated Villa players in recent years purely because of how much unjust shit he gets from some fans.

Because some cannot see past their own disdain for Lambert and cite Kozak as evidence. Despite some of his goals winning us matches.

• Like 4

The worst set of possible results look like a real possibility this weekend save for maybe Norwich getting something at Old Trafford, could be looking grim.

Really need to somehow get a win at Swansea.

Because some cannot see past their own disdain for Lambert and cite Kozak as evidence. Despite some of his goals winning us matches.

Well that's stupid because even the people who really dislike Lambert will give benteke credit.

That's a bit unfair. I'm sure many people are capable of forming an opinion on a player without looking at who signed them or on what they cost.

That's a bit unfair. I'm sure many people are capable of forming an opinion on a player without looking at who signed them or on what they cost.

Or not as the case maybe.

Back on topic, we're not going down.

If Sunderland v Cardiff isn't a draw I'd rather a Cardiff win. Because as I've said that would leave Sunderland needing to get at least a point at Old Trafford and for them to win all their other matches. Cardiff will still have Chelsea and Newcastle left to play.

I was basing it on the hope that that bad run they're on had to end some time and it'll be one game the Newcastle fans won't be as bothered about losing as others if it helps to put Sunderland in more trouble. If we can just get the win then this time tomorrow we'll be virtually safe and not have to worry about the match at the Stadium of Light on Sunday.

Really nervous now. This is how the table could look end tomorrow if things go badly for us:

14 Hull City        pl35 - 36pts
15 West Brom   pl35 - 36pts
16 Aston Villa    pl35 - 35pts
17 Cardiff          pl36 - 33pts
18 Fulham         pl36 - 33pts
19 Norwich        pl36 - 32pts
20 Sunderland  pl35 - 29pts

That would be ridiculously tight. We should never have got into the position where this is even a possibilty.