Do You Give Money to Panhandlers?

maqroll

Often get these guys that come up with weird and wacky stories so i always give them a  couple of quid just becuase of the smile factor ..

I had a quite clearly homeless guy standing next to a wheelclamped Rolls Royce once saying he'd lost his wallet and keys etc and needed to get a cab home to get his spare keys and a credit card  and would I lend him a fiver ..he asked me to write my name and address down so he could send it back to me ... needless to say I didn't bother with the name and address part and gave him a tenner instead as he was pretty entertaining and made me smile  (the story obviously not his plight ) ... he may have spent it on meths but I'm not going to tell a desperate person what they should and shouldn't spend their money on ...

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I have a question about Big Issue sellers.

If they don't have a vest on with Big Issue on it then they're not legit are they?

THose ones you get walking around with 1 copy who say "I'm selling the Big Issue, know you don't want my last Big Issue but could you spare a quid?" are just pulling a fast one aren't they?

They probably aren't legit.

All legit ones will have a Big Issue ID badge which they can show you to prove they are legit.

Often get these guys that come up with weird and wacky stories so i always give them a  couple of quid just becuase of the smile factor ..

I had a quite clearly homeless guy standing next to a wheelclamped Rolls Royce once saying he'd lost his wallet and keys etc and needed to get a cab home to get his spare keys and a credit card  and would I lend him a fiver ..he asked me to write my name and address down so he could send it back to me ... needless to say I didn't bother with the name and address part and gave him a tenner instead as he was pretty entertaining and made me smile  (the story obviously not his plight ) ... he may have spent it on meths but I'm not going to tell a desperate person what they should and shouldn't spend their money on ...

Tony in not a heartless Tory bar steward shocker!  ;)

Tony in not a heartless Tory bar steward shocker!  ;)

he'll have put it on expenses and added a handling charge

Â