Martin Laursen... When he says something about Villa... We listen

DJ_Villain

In my recent memory, I cant remember a single player whose words I hang on and respect more when I see them.

Of all of his years playing football (injuries included)... He really does love our club... He is one of us, no doubt about it... I really hope he becomes part of our club in a coaching, managerial or ambassadorial capacity later in life because he really is quality person who feels what we all feel...

Discuss 

Edited by DJ_Villain
  • Like 1

In my recent memory, I cant remember a single player whose words I hang on and respect when I see them.

Of all of his years playing football (injuries included)... He really does love our club... He is one of us, no doubt about it... I really hope he becomes part of our club in a coaching, managerial or ambassadorial capacity later in life because he really is quality person who feels what we all feel...

Discuss

Your first sentence doesn't actually say what I think you want it to say ;)

"In my recent memory, I cant remember a single player whose words I hang on and respect more when I see them."

You're absolutely correct... Ive had a few beers, its 11pm here in Thailand and just seen his recent comments about things that are happening at the Villa... Apologies for that :-D

Greatest Villa player since McGrath by a mile imo. Not just because of his defending, but because of his heart and spirit. I don't know if there's a player in the league today that I'd have in the team rather than having Laursen back, even if it might be more sensible to choose RVP, say.

• Like 2

And yet we have his injuries to thank for us ever getting him. With 2 good knees he was an AC Milan player. He is a glimpse at the kind of quality we usually don't get to see here. A brilliant player.

Mellberg played for us for a longer period (and dont get me wrong, I bloody love what Olof did for us, I really do)... but Laursen to me made more of an impact... Maybe it was because of his comeback from injury and wanting to prove himself enough to make a difference... I cant pinpoint it... But if I were to choose who I wanted in my starting 11 more, it'd be the REAL Great Dane!

Edited by DJ_Villain

Mellberg played for us for a longer period (and dont get me wrong, I bloody love what Olof did for us, I really do)... but Laursen to me made more of an impact... Maybe it was because of his comeback from injury and wanting to prove himself enough to make a difference... I cant pinpoint it... But if I were to choose who I wanted in my starting 11 more, it'd be the REAL Great Dane!

Laursen had an impact in both boxes thats why he was such a difference for me. Loved Mellberg and still do but he never was really a force in opposition box but Laursen everytime he looked dangerous.

Didnt he get 8 league goals one season

Greatest Villa player since McGrath by a mile imo. .

similar as well with dodgy knees and brilliant defending. both got for bargain deals as well

My name is about Laursen and McGrath :)

yeah but mine is about Zat Knight, i know who i prefer  :P

I love Laursen, but....

Mellberg>Laursen.

Better player for me, and over a much longer period of time.

Hmmm. Don't get me wrong, I do love our Olof, but I really struggle to see what so many other do in him. He was a very very good defender, and passionate, but I just struggle a little with putting him in the legend bracket. More of a cult hero for me. 

Laursen in his pomp however, was possibly the best centre half in the league. Just a pity we only saw a glimpse of what could have been, due to his injuries.

• Like 4

Â