Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

We're currently on course for the same points total as last season, none of our summer signings are regular first team starters and we have a real lack of quality in the squad.

We've been told the books are balanced, ireland has been sold and we will receive a large payment in tv revenue at the end of the season.

I don't think its too much to think we'd aim a bit higher in our transfers. 'Patience' is the new word now then to defend our challenge to achieve mediocrity.

The two most expensive summer signings, making up over half the spend, are injured. So that'd explain the first part.
Take your logic elsewhere. It's not welcome!
Okore probably would be. So one of our summer signings probably would have been a regular first team starter. Dam that logic.

How is Luna not a regular starter?

Well he obviously isn't now seeing as Bertrand has come in

We're currently on course for the same points total as last season, none of our summer signings are regular first team starters and we have a real lack of quality in the squad.

We've been told the books are balanced, ireland has been sold and we will receive a large payment in tv revenue at the end of the season.

I don't think its too much to think we'd aim a bit higher in our transfers. 'Patience' is the new word now then to defend our challenge to achieve mediocrity.

The two most expensive summer signings, making up over half the spend, are injured. So that'd explain the first part.
Okore probably would be. So one of our summer signings probably would have been a regular first team starter. Dam that logic.

Because he's been replaced.

What happens in the future isn't the point though. Bertrand could get injured, suspended or just simply lose form.

BJ said none of our summer signings are regular starters. Luna has been a regular starter up to now.

Apparently West Ham handled the Loe transfer dealings really badly, maybe Osasuna want the funds still and have offered him to us at a cut price if we were interested before?

Or maybe it is just rubbish, either way I'm intrigued to hear where this has come from, can't see any Spanish sources about myself.

Apparently West Ham handled the Loe transfer dealings really badly, maybe Osasuna want the funds still and have offered him to us at a cut price if we were interested before?

Or maybe it is just rubbish, either way I'm intrigued to hear where this has come from, can't see any Spanish sources about myself.

Do you reckon their offer was too Loe?

• Like 1

Do you reckon their offer was too Loe?

Puns again ey, start another row you'll regret it.

Edited by samjp26

What happens in the future isn't the point though. Bertrand could get injured, suspended or just simply lose form.

BJ said none of our summer signings are regular starters. Luna has been a regular starter up to now.

My point was our summer signings have not been good enough, haven't added quality to the starting 11 and Luna being replaced again shows that.

My point was that given that and the facts our books are balanced and Ireland's been sold I don't think its too much to expect us to bring in some real first 11 quality.

Work permit would be a nissue, though no?

West Ham must've been pretty confident about getting a work permit I presume.

All that was left to complete the West Ham move was his medical, he was in London to do it and then they called the deal off because they signed those two Italians.

Loe would be pretty damn beast for us in the center of the park... Strong physical and pretty quick! Yes please!!

I know nothing about him at all but his sprint speed rating of 34 on FIFA suggests he might not be the quickest ! Edited by Biskitt

Loe would be pretty damn beast for us in the center of the park... Strong physical and pretty quick! Yes please!!

I know nothing about him at all but his sprint speed rating of 34 on FIFA suggests he might not be the quickest !

Haha I also checked this after I posted.... Surely he's not "that" slow... But hey, big physical presence in the center of our midfield? Yes please!!

Work permit would be a nissue, though no?

West Ham must've been pretty confident about getting a work permit I presume.

All that was left to complete the West Ham move was his medical, he was in London to do it and then they called the deal off because they signed those two Italians.

Exactly. If they weren't confident of securing a work permit I doubt the deal would've got that far along.

Â