Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Do you honestly trust the club with the people involved (owner ceo and manager) to bring in decent players? After all that has happened in the last 3 years?

Not a great deal but yes I do to an extent.

Unfortunately my trust ran out tonight with the potential signing of Grant Holt. There is now no way back for any of those 3 for me I fear.

Do you honestly trust the club with the people involved (owner ceo and manager) to bring in decent players? After all that has happened in the last 3 years?

Unfortunately my trust ran out tonight with the potential signing of Grant Holt. There is now no way back for any of those 3 for me I fear.

Don't you think you're overreacting slightly? It's just a loan deal to replace an injured backup striker.

I'm glad some Villa fans have a level head. If Lambert uses him constantly (like mon uses his favourites) then fair enough slate the man. But this for now is a stop gap, we've been unlucky with injuries this season and hopefully does the trick.

Really want to see more of Helenius though!

• Like 2

Don't you think you're overreacting slightly? It's just a loan deal to replace an injured backup striker.

No. I guess this is just the straw that broke the camels back. I feel under Lerner villa fans have become like beaten wives. It all started out brilliantly but soon started to go wrong and each time we get shafted we are promised it is about to get better.

No. I guess this is just the straw that broke the camels back. I feel under Lerner villa fans have become like beaten wives. It all started out brilliantly but soon started to go wrong and each time we get shafted we are promised it is about to get better.

But this is just one inexpensive loan signing to cover an injured backup player. It's such a non-event. I don't really see how we're being "shafted" here.

Edited by Mantis

Grant Holt will provide us with Premier League experience. He reminds me of Kevin Davies. He is a nasty piece of work & streetwise. I really can't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist & becoming so incredibly worked up about this signing. A short loan deal to replace Kozak & like Kozak another player who can take the weight of Benteke's  shoulders.He can do a good job for us & Lambo will play to his strengths. I personally have no problem with this signing. None.

Is he a humble man who can be an inspiration to us all?

But this is just one inexpensive loan signing to cover an injured backup player. It's such a non-event. I don't really see how we're being "shafted" here.

Fair enough if we signed 2-3 more players that would make a real difference to the first team by the end of the month but like I said I have no faith in that happening.

Grant Holt will provide us with Premier League experience. He reminds me of Kevin Davies. He is a nasty piece of work & streetwise. I really can't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist & becoming so incredibly worked up about this signing. A short loan deal to replace Kozak & like Kozak another player who can take the weight of Benteke's  shoulders.He can do a good job for us & Lambo will play to his strengths. I personally have no problem with this signing. None.

Is he a humble man who can be an inspiration to us all?

May be you could inspire your self to his humility.

The problem is we're not loaning the Grant Holt of 3 years ago, we're loaning one that's had very limited playing time over the last year, one of which has been described by Wigan fans as lazy, overweight and uninterested and a player that we saw rapidly decline and struggle at Norwich in his second season.

My main point is, we have such a strict wage structure and general limited budget (no idea if there'll be a loan fee), every signing has to count, can we even afford to bring in players for cover, particularly in an area where we do actually have cover - we need people to push and break into the first team. I can't see how Holt is one of the best options. 

The problem is we're not loaning the Grant Holt of 3 years ago, we're loaning one that's had very limited playing time over the last year, one of which has been described by Wigan fans as lazy, overweight and uninterested and a player that we saw rapidly decline and struggle at Norwich in his second Prem season.

My main point is, we have such a strict wage structure and general limited budget (no idea if there'll be a loan fee), every signing has to count, can we even afford to bring in players for cover, particularly in an area where we do actually have cover - we need people to push and break into the first team. I can't see how Holt is one of the best options. 

oops sorry, edited that wrong :P

Edited by nobler

It's only a 6 month deal. Of course I'm not jumping for joy but he isn't going to be starting up top on his own next match.

Imagine if PL did this just for the troll factor after reading this thread

• Like 1

Â