Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Another window and apart from the link to an old player who's club don't want our money nothing of any real substance to report, no surprises there as we have been here many many times when it's action that is required sooner rather than later.

Arsenal on Monday, with only 1 fit centre half and as Lambert played the slowest right back in the universe ever in place of a talented youngster at CH I can only assume "we go again" head first into another depressing home performance. After all if Sheffield Utd's players new they could take the piss does anyone think Arsenal's team wont?

I'm not saying if we had brought someone like (and I spit 1st before writing his name) Roger Johnson who has Premiership experience that we would fair any better against Arsenal but the right player might just give everyone a lift so we could see that there is light at the end of this very dark and depressing tunnel.

I'm sure if we, the fans could "see" the plan or at least understand what the club are attempting to do in terms of improving Aston Villa then the whole atmosphere at VP on match days would improve. However the signing of very average to poor players sends out the message that we are not about to improve any time soon and we will continue to struggle, only bluenoses accept this as Villans we do not.

Average gates of 36k at home show what great support for Villa is out there as this is with the worst squad since 87 playing the worst football I have ever seen! If only they had something to cheer about, to get excited about instead of the fans booing and shouting insults at the team there would be encouraging words and singing, even in defeat as long as they witness talented players in C&B putting in the effort. Unfortunately we are a million miles away from this at the moment.

only problem is Roger Johnson signed for West Ham on loan other day!

...I think you'll find that's why he mentioned him, or was that not immediately apparent ?

Personally disappointed we didn't get Wells. We lend 2 starlets to Bradford and they sell a player, we're allegedly interested in, to Huddersfield :( ..

not that i wanted him. But if we were interested and he chose Huddersfield thats kinda depressing

Wheres the f****** money?

Lerner's pocket mate. High security 24/7. We need the prick out quickly.

Yeah, if only he'd put like 90m into the club... oh wait... he did

And let's see what that does. As Risso explained it could actually have no impact on what Lambert can do.

I can't help but feel like I've missed something big here? Has Lambert come out and categorically stated that there is no money to spend or something?

I think he's put across the message that there's not much which backs up previous windows and what HH said.

• Like 1

I can't help but feel like I've missed something big here? Has Lambert come out and categorically stated that there is no money to spend or something?

Not that there is no money at all, but basically of the targets they've approached so far he says "they're out of our league" aka too expensive. There isn't much to work with it seems, shame that we can't bring in the players he wants.

Edited by samjp26

We don't really know who those targets (or at least some of them) are. I just don't think we know enough about the situation to be making definitive judgements at this point, not to mention there's still the majority of the window left.

Not that there is no money at all, but basically of the targets they've approached so far he says "they're out of our league" aka too expensive. There isn't much to work with it seems, shame that we can't bring in the players he wants.

And you know what the problem will be? If the "budget" buy he gets isn't one of the best players on the pitch, it'll be.. "Lambert out, what a waste of money"

:(

• Like 1

If there is no money in the pot for the transfers, then it doesn't look good.

Does it look like RL is looking to sell the club? Wont it be a good idea to sell the club when it is in a better position?

Hopefully Ireland wages will help out.

Edited by ahmeerkat

We don't really know who those targets (or at least some of them) are. I just don't think we know enough about the situation to be making definitive judgements at this point, not to mention there's still the majority of the window left.

HH on here and the manager in the press have hinted at this being the case during the summer and again now. We can also use last January to see how the manager is backed when the clubs desperate.

I know but what's happening with that then? Neither the club or him talk to the fans?! Or at least i haven't heard anything!

somebody tell me 3 teams worse than us ?

if we don't buy anyone we will be in the shit but in the meantime stop playing tonev weimann and luna liabilities the three of em

stick helenius albrighton and donacien instead oh and keep bacuna further up the pitch not RB

• Like 1

somebody tell me 3 teams worse than us ?

if we don't buy anyone we will be in the shit but in the meantime stop playing tonev weimann and luna liabilities the three of em

stick helenius albrighton and donacien instead oh and keep bacuna further up the pitch not RB

Technically all of the teams below us are worse than us because we have more points than them, but in terms of who I think could potentially go down: Cardiff, West Ham, Sunderland, Fulham, Norwich.

HH on here and the manager in the press have hinted at this being the case during the summer and again now. We can also use last January to see how the manager is backed when the clubs desperate.

I know what's been said, I just prefer to wait until the end of the window before coming to conclusions.

Edited by Mantis

And let's see what that does. As Risso explained it could actually have no impact on what Lambert can do.

whatever way you cut it, the owner putting £90m in is a good thing for the club. It might not be of any use short term, but medium to long term there's bound to be benefits, even if those benefits are avoiding whatever would happen had the money NOT gone in. It's a lot of wonga

• Like 1

whatever way you cut it, the owner putting £90m in is a good thing for the club. It might not be of any use short term, but medium to long term there's bound to be benefits, even if those benefits are avoiding whatever would happen had the money NOT gone in. It's a lot of wonga

wonga-the-blog-post-image.jpg

• Like 1

Well I'm not going to pretend I know a great deal about how trusts work but Risso made some interesting posts in the Lerner thread about it. Edited by Big_John_10

points are very important true but i cant think of 3 teams worse than us on the way we play cant win at home as a few people ive heard mention on here bacunas goals got us an extra 9 points so far take them away we am right in the brown stuff

so far we have kept away from the bottom lets see how many points we got after the baggies game

sunderland Cardiff west ham could easily improve now yes they have to play catch up but all 3 WILL buy this window

FULHAM am **** tho imo

or maybe im just worrying to much lol lol

Â