Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

He's good and 'old fashioned' for a winger, which I like. I hate all this cutting inside nonsense. Unless you're Ronaldo, Messi or Bale, you won't get a tonne of goals, you'll hit 50 shots wide and win the odd free kick.

Agreed!

• Like 1

Pilkington ?

Good grief. Another journeyman type pro who's limited at best

A good solid winger who has been a very good player for Norwich and will certainly help our lack of width which makes us incredibly one dimensional and narrow.

I think he could do both roles, like Young used to.

-----------------------Kozak

Pilkington------------------------Albrighton-------

I like that :)

Christ I don't

Won't be long until people realise once again that Albrighton is rubbish and not a premier league player

As for Kozak and Pilkington, as squad players they can play role but to be relied upon week in week out?

We'd be relegated

I don't consider him a very good player at all. I'd say he's a good player that occasionally has very good games. Massive difference

The same Albrighton who's been our best player for 2 games running now?

I don't understand why people feel the need to slag out players off day after day, a lot of the time unjustified.

Amen.

Norwich are average, always a team others look to get points off and they just play for draws away from home (and usually get battered on the top 4 grounds).

I wouldn't say their squad is superior at all, like every team they have one or two decent players awashed in mediocrity. One who would get in our team no-one has mentioned is actually Snodgrass.

I still expect us to finish above them but the reality is we're in a group of mid table teams of them, us Stoke, Swansea etc who won't go down but results indicate so far there won't be much between them all.

• Like 1

For me we need three players

1) We definitely need another CB in January to play alongside Vlaar - I think Clark has vastly improved this season but we need someone else in the centre in case Vlaar gets injured again.

2) A big unit in midfield that breaks up play and offers protection to the back four - Delph has been fantastic this season but needs help in the middle of the park.

3) An attacking midfielder that can pick a pass and play the striker in on goal- we currently have no one with guile in the squad.

Bloody easy!

That's what Southampton did, they had 35m to play with this season so instead of spending 5m on 7 players, they signed 3. Lovren for 7m who's significantly improved their defence, Wanayama for 12m who's been a powerhouse in midfield for them and Osvaldo who took an age to get going but has scored recently.

Getting those 3 in has also improved their first 11 particularly upfront where Rodreguiez has had to up his game just to stay in the team.

We are at the stage now where we have two left backs (if Bennett is still alive), a million defensive midfielders and 6 strikers even if 3 are of questionable quality.

We can't get away with saying it's a small squad anymore, we just need more quality in our first 11 and now, not more players who might need 6 months a year to settle into the premier league like we've seen with some of this summer's signings.

That's what Southampton did, they had 35m to play with this season so instead of spending 5m on 7 players, they signed 3. Lovren for 7m who's significantly improved their defence, Wanayama for 12m who's been a powerhouse in midfield for them and Osvaldo who took an age to get going but has scored recently.

Getting those 3 in has also improved their first 11 particularly upfront where Rodreguiez has had to up his game just to stay in the team.

We are at the stage now where we have two left backs (if Bennett is still alive), a million defensive midfielders and 6 strikers even if 3 are of questionable quality.

We can't get away with saying it's a small squad anymore, we just need more quality in our first 11 and now, not more players who might need 6 months a year to settle into the premier league like we've seen with some of this summer's signings.

Exactly.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people feel the need to slag our players off day after day, a lot of the time unjustified.

Yes the same Albrighton who has been our best player

I still think he is a poor player. Like 99% of our squad.

I'm not slagging him off for the sake of it, he's performed ok in the past 2 games, in a team full of shit out of form players.

Does that make me think he is good enough to play for Aston Villa week in week out?

Not a bloody chance

• Like 1

I don't understand why people feel the need to slag our players off day after day, a lot of the time unjustified.

Yes the same Albrighton who has been our best player

I still think he is a poor player. Like 99% of our squad.

I'm not slagging him off for the sake of it, he's performed ok in the past 2 games, in a team full of shit out of form players.

Does that make me think he is good enough to play for Aston Villa week in week out?

Not a bloody chance

But right now, like Kozak, he deserves his place in the team.

Another centre back is imperative. Vlaar and Clark are a good combo, but I have little confidence in Baker.

I've no doubt we will start scoring goals again and I would like to see N'Zog back when he's fit so a midfield enforcer to add to the centre back please!

Pilkington?.....Christ, no.Limited ability, no pace, 26?.

I'd rather buy nobody, or spend £6/7m on 2/3 players.No more £2/3m players please.

We already have quick players with a slow mind, maybe we need players who aren't so quick on their feet but have a quick mind, Pilkington does.

Edited by dodgyknees

Â