Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

3m won't be eenough for him and I doubt we'd take someone on loan anyway

It would be enough for his loan-fee etc. but as you say, highly unlikely that we would go down that route and also he will most likely recieve more attractive offers anyway.

I personally think the club should go for it if there is any chance of pulling it off myself. Short-termism perhaps but we shouldn't pass up on a player of his calibre I don't think. Could make a huge difference to our league standing I believe.

Edited by Isa

I don't think it's fair to judge Bacuna yet.

Agreed, not until he has had a run in his 'regular position'. I think it is great that he managed to play really well for a few games at right back and in my opinion when he hasn't performed it is probably down to the amount of work he has had to do on the flank.

Still think he deserves a chance in the middle of the park or at least in a more advanced position on the wing, it would be unfair to judge him properly until then since they are the roles he operated at in the past at Groningen.

He actually played quite a lot at RB at Groningen though.

Agreed, not until he has had a run in his 'regular position'. I think it is great that he managed to play really well for a few games at right back and in my opinion when he hasn't performed it is probably down to the amount of work he has had to do on the flank.

Still think he deserves a chance in the middle of the park or at least in a more advanced position on the wing, it would be unfair to judge him properly until then since they are the roles he operated at in the past at Groningen.

Didn't Groningen supporters complain about him being shifted around the pitch though

3m won't be eenough for him and I doubt we'd take someone on loan anyway

It would be enough for his loan-fee etc. but as you say, highly unlikely that we would go down that route and also he will most likely recieve more attractive offers anyway.

I personally think the club should go for it if there is any chance of pulling it off myself. Short-termism perhaps but we shouldn't pass up on a player of his calibre I don't think. Could make a huge difference to our league standing I believe.

Yeah I understand the reasoning but I don't think PL will go for it.

I hope we pick up someone from La Liga. We could use a bit of technicality in the middle. God knows we have enough athletic guys who try hard.

Agree. La Liga should really be a market that Lambert focuses on more. With the economic situation in Spain affecting most of the clubs, there really are some bargains to be had.

That's your opinion and fair play to you. My opinion is that he is not Premiership quality.

What was your opinion on Clark last year? Or vlaar? Conclusively saying someone isn't good enough after 12 games, especially someone as young as bacuna, is stupid. Unless they're totally unbelievably awful, which bacuna hasn't been.

.....do they not get Sky in Blackburn ?

Agree with the above. Luna looks like a good buy and other clubs have proved that you can get good players from that league for low prices.

You can but the success rate is not high enough to rely on only those kinds of signings.

Didn't Groningen supporters complain about him being shifted around the pitch though

Yep, he played a lot of games for them especially considering his age, but apparently he was shifted around a lot which annoyed not only the fans but also himself since his favoured position is in midfield. Can't blame them/him for getting annoyed either, it will obviously stall a player's progression if they're constantly played where they aren't comfortable. I do think he had some good games at right back for us, even more so considering it isn't a position he wants to play in, but it is now evident that it isn't a role he should be permanently expected to fulfil especially with no help on the wing.

I hope he gets a chance in a different/preferred position.

Edited by samjp26

I'm not sure about that. A few weeks ago many of us thought Bacuna was a better defender then Lowton and now he should never be played at full-back again?

I think he should be given a game or two out now which will benefit him and the team but he is still Lowton's only real competition for the RB spot. If Lowton comes in and underperforms, I for one will have no problem with Bacuna replacing him again.

Yeah he should compete for the spot since he did play well in games and defensively seemed a lot more solid than Lowton, but since his form has dipped I think Lowton should be brought back in. That said, I do think Bacuna's performances warrant a chance in midfield, he isn't a right back although he can play there and as you say he is the best we have to compete with Lowton for that spot.

I didn't and wouldn't say he should never play there again, I think its great that we have a player who can adapt to either flank in any role when his preferred spot is in the middle of the park, it isn't often that you get that. I just don't think he should be expected to be a permanent right back, he deserves a shot further up the pitch.

Agree and I too would like to see him given a go in midfield. We'd have to change system a bit though as I can't see Bacuna playing as a wide-forward working.

I'd put him in the middle of the park, apparently that is his best position as a box to box midfielder

Agree and I too would like to see him given a go in midfield. We'd have to change system a bit though as I can't see Bacuna playing as a wide-forward working.

I'd put him in the middle of the park, apparently that is his best position as a box to box midfielder

We could try that for the United game with Delph out I suppose.

Good shout Isa.  It's certainly a convenient time to try it without someone unduly losing their place.  I also think it's high time Lowton got his spot back in defence.  Especially with Vlaar out, we need a more natural RB.  I sometimes worry about Sylla's casual approach.  He still sometimes thinks he has more time on the ball or more time to get to the ball than he does.  Against United that could be disastrous.

Â