Meniscus tear?

Kiwivillan

Just started back at 7-a-side last night and me and opp GK ran into each other full tilt going for a 50-50 Thought I came off unscathed and checking to see if he ok, then I stepped back felt like my right knee bone shifted sideways and went down in a heap. Wasn't really any pain but any movement produced popping which I know is just gas bubbles. That went away after about an hour. Next day swelled up a bit still no pain but hard to move and sometimes locks up. Is this indicative of a tear or just minor injury?

With limited knowledge and based on the fact that you seem to be managing with quite limited pain, I would say it might just be a bad knock which should heal up on its own as long as you stay off it as much as possible for a couple weeks (which like you mention is basically a meniscus tear). In terms of a tear, if you did tear something more major, I feel like it could possibly be the PCL...mainly saying this due to the fact that you seem to still be fairly mobile and have the limited pain, as I'm pretty sure of all knee ligament injuries, PCL is meant to be one of the least severe and doesn't usually take surgery. 

• Like 1

Wait until the swelling goes down a bit and then get it checked. No point in guesswork, knees are the end all and be all of your movement and not to be messed with

• Like 1

So doctor says I dislocated my knee and it popped back in when I put weight on it. Orthopedic surgeon next week for Ultrasound and MRI. Hope I'm not out from football for too long. I managed to recruit an Italian student from my mates TEFL class who played Serie D and we're unbeaten for a change.

Â