Choosing an NFL team

Chap of Steel

Apologies if a similar topic has already been posted but I was wondering how you guys (well the non-US ones) started following your team.

I am interested in getting into the sport having seen the effort Sky are putting into covering it. I'm tempted to follow the Broncos having spent a lot of time in Colorado.

Looking forward to reading some interesting replies!

Jags. Jags. Jags. Soon to be the London Jaguars. They even have their own UK 'fan club'

I've been a Bengals fan since they first started showing the games on Chanel 4 in the early/mid 80's because I liked their helmets. (no homo).

That's the time I got into NFL. Chose Redskins mainly cos I really admired Riggins and Theismann, plus their logo was easily the best one in the league (and still is, yes Obama, I'm talking to you!!).

Used to buy Pony Linebacker trainers all the time too as they were so good for casual, gym and astroturf. I was a bit like Imelda Marcos as far as they were concerned!

I've always been a bit of Steelers fan, but I've got a soft spot for the Seahawks...

I reckon if I ever visited the US, I'd be more likely to go to Washington state than Pennsylvania, so I'd say the Seahawks are my team.

YE HAWWWWWWWW

FWIW if you decide to pick a team based upon them being brilliant at the time, then your opinion from there on will be disregarded with the disdain it deserves. You are on par with a Malaysian ManUre fan and nobody will care about anything you do or say...EVER. 

• Like 4

FWIW if you decide to pick a team based upon them being brilliant at the time, then your opinion from there on will be disregarded with the disdain it deserves. You are on par with a Malaysian ManUre fan and nobody will care about anything you do or say...EVER. 

bitterjagsfan.jpg

:P

bitterjagsfan.jpg

:P

Nope...just a loyal supporter of my local team !

Seattle was the first city I ever went in the USA back in 07 and adopted the seahawks then,went around the stadium etc bought a couple of tops etc.....my mate is a 49ers fan because he likes the bridge there that's what he told me anyway

Started following the Giants loosely when they came to England for the game at Wembley in 2007. Just picked up following them again with a lot more interest last year. Can't believe it was that long ago they were over here...

I'm also new to the sport!

I went to the Redskins v Eagles game at the start of the season as a neutral. Ended up disliking both teams rather than finding one to support :lol:

Ended up loosely following the Vikings for a mixture of reasons... AP definitely helped!

I also went to a Notre Dame game whilst I was out in the States and honestly enjoyed that a lot more. Although perhaps I'm not strictly differentiating the game from the tailgating/ college girls....

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Think I said it in another thread but saw The Saints play in New Orleans last year

Cold beer , alligator burgers and cheerleaders to fill a 1 terrabyte wank bank

They lost to the Jags when I saw them so when they win the Super Bowl this year I can't be accused of being a glory hunter

• Like 2

Â