If you had a choice...

sheriffvilla

Which would you rather win?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather win?

• Champions League
    • Premier League

Champions League or Premiership?

As the RedScouse have shown, winning the Champions League can be done without winning the Premiership.

My question is, if you had a choice, what would you rather win?

I fancy most people will pick Champions League. But I say the Premiership.

Yes that success for Liverpool was great, but I have far more respect for the ManUre, Chelsea and Arsenal sides of recent sides.

I know it is a little dull but there is just something about doing the type of thing that United did yesterday - going away, not really playing well but pulling a result out of the bag.

The choice between the two is very difficult, but I would feel more proud if we won the Premiership, I am sure of it...

Premiership for me.

In theory you win the Premiership to prove your quality over a long period of time and show you are the best in your league. You then enter against the other top teams in Europe and try to prove you are the best there too.

So in theory the Champions League is the more prestigious award as it shows you to be the best of Europe as well as the best in your own country.

However it simply doesnt work like that with the current format of the CL. Entry from 4th place, winner can be performing badly domestically that year, league stages etc etc all mean that the winner rarely achieves it in the ideal circumstances.

To me The Prem shows a greater reflection of the teams quality and endeavour and is therefore the more meaningful award. The CL is the feather in your cap once you've proved this.

Premier League without a doubt then build. We won the European Cup as champions of England. It's how the competition should be. THere's enough european leagues to create a champions league with the various countries, and there has and always will be surprises on the way.

Liverpoops win is slightly hollow in my opinion, yes theywon it and I'd be punching the air IF we did it that way. Howver, as the General has said himelf, we aim to be champions not finish fourth and win.

That is CLASS above SUBSTANCE

The Premier League is about the depth and quality of your squad. If you're the best in that area, and have some luck along the way, you'll win it. But in Manure's case this season, they have been extremely lucky not just with injuries, but with on-the-pitch decisions. Scholes has been getting away with tons of yellow-card tackles, and Ronaldo has gotten away with I think about two dives this season, which allowed Manure to score the first goal. Do you really want to win something through these means? Do you honestly believe that Chelsea have been the best these past few seasons? NO. They have been effecient. NOT the best.

But winning the Champions League is not about depth or luck. It's about tactics and quality. It's a much greater achievement I feel, winning the Champions League instead of the Premier League. It shows off the tactical acumen of your manager, and the quality of your first team. Just because you win the Premier League, doesn't make you the better team. Arsenal are much better than Manure, but they are languishing in third.

Ultimately, I want Villa to win something because they got the better of the teams that they played, with superior tactics, and good players. Because the Champions League matches are played throughout the course of the season, MON would most of the time, have his first-choice squad at his disposal, and if our team manages to win it, it will be because our first team played better/smarter or in some extreme rare cases(were luckier) than the other teams. That's how I want to win a trophy. Not by scraping past matches, having lucky fluky ref decisions, or by having a thick squad of quality reserves. But by outsmarting and playing better than the teams that you encounter in the tournament.

My question is, if you had a choice, what would you rather win

An away match would be nice, 3 goals for, in a match, two wins on the trot, convincing performances, the belief we have a manager and squad capable of achieving a top 10 finish, all would suit me.

My question is, if you had a choice, what would you rather win

An away match would be nice, 3 goals for, in a match, two wins on the trot, convincing performances, the belief we have a manager and squad capable of achieving a top 10 finish, all would suit me.

Were you not getting enough attention today?

Â