AndyClarke

What formation are you going with? Impressive amount of shots!

Benteke - RVP

Kagawa

Honda - Fellaini

Carrick

Shaw - Vidic - Mangala - Raphael

De Gea

I play possession and attacking football, passing ball through the middle, Benteke as CF, RVP as DLF, Kagawa with a free role.

Don't know how to take and post screenshots to put on here, so here goes,

Sold:

Valencia

Young

Anderson

Rooney

Fabio

Bought

Gil Romero

Jese

Ocampos

Rulli

Silva

Balanta

Team looks something like this,

RVP

Welbeck              Kagawa           Ocampos

Carrick            Fellani

Evra         Vidic                Jones    Rafael

De Gea

Results so far, 

N Community Shield, Wigan 4-1         

H Premier League, Swansea 1-1

H Premier League, Chelsea 4-0

A Premier League, Arsenal 2-3

Unbeaten start, not bad at all. Van Persie is still yet to score. Welbeck is my top scorer.

Got relegated first season with Palace, but completely smashing the Championship and into the final of the League Cup.

Lost the first leg 3-0 against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, they over-rotated their squad in the second leg and I subsequently battered them 6-2  :D

• Like 2

First season with VIlla, I used the Benteke money to buy an attacking mid and a defensive mid, won the league cup and FA Cup.

At the end of the season I sold off a lot of players and raised 35m, used this to build again. Currently sat 5th, in FA Cup final and in the later rounds of Euro Cup.

• Like 1

Each time I manage Villa I'm just terrible! Think I let bias get in the way of making important decisions. Do Villa get relegated ever time on this? I've had 3 saves that I've not been Villa manager and the go down by the 3rd season!

Currently managing a french second division team (something about crocodiles) no money, low wages, whole first team squad over 29. Manged them for 3 seasons now, improved on positions every season. Now have no player over 25... all on free transfers and all 4-5 stars.

Find a tactic that works well... but then all of a sudden can buy a win, only start winning again when I mix it up. Happens over and over, anyone else get this?

EDIT: Nimes Olympique

Got Nimes Olympique promoted to Ligue 1 as champions... was sitting 4th half way through my first season in the top flight. Villa then offered me job as manager... they are a crap Championship team atm... So I jumped ship to re-build my beloved Villa... lost my first 6 games in a row. Can't by a win, players all old and crap. Going to take a lot to sort this out. Keep your fingers crossed!
Bit of an update... Finished mid table in the championship, not bad considering the mess I walked into. Second season I signed young players with big potential (like I did with Nimes) got promoted as champions! First season in the prem I cleared all deadwood (PL would be proud!) and signed more young players with big potential (part of my promise to the board), no player over the age of 26 in my entire squad. Finished 2nd 2 points behind Man City, only had to win my last 2 games to win the league, Man Utd destroyed me 4-0, then drew with Watford away (who were already relegated). Currently half way through my second season in the prem, mid table, out of the CL.... not looking too good :(

Play a 4-1-2-2-1 all with support on (even striker who is a false 9)... Keep possession loads and have loads of shots, but only get like 25% on target, frustrated. Go from winning 5-0 to losing 1-0 with them only needing one shot on target :(

Another update... although getting knocked out of the CL was depressing I went on to win the League Cup but finished 9th. Next season I won the Euro Cup :) and finished 6th. Just started my preseason, 6 of my players are wanted by barca, man city etc. Keep bidding over £30m for each but they are all wonderkids and I want to mount a title challenge so they can do one!! Will be hard to keep them if I don't finish top 4 next season at the least. Fingers crossed!

im back into this game now, admit though to a little cheating ;-)

with villa, sold all the crap players to raise about £80m, bought in players in a free who are england based, and spent a bit on a couple of foreign players, in the same file im also playing with blues to make sure they lose every game and get relegated, im aiming to win everything with villa and lose everything with blues, so understandably, the game is taking much longer

villa team

IN - Hennessey, Bertrand, Defour, Vydra, Dost, Saunders jnr, Bellamy jnr and a few joungsters from albion, wolves, walsall and blues to bulk the U18s

OUT - Guzan, Given, Hutton, Bennett, Stevens, El Ahmadi, Ireland, NZogbia, Johnson, Bent, Bowery, Delfouneso

clearly, the controversial decision there is guzan out and hennessey in, i decided i wanted someone younger and british, and we have no decent young english keepers

defour, yes, a typical buy, he supports the english lads in delph and gardner, with vlaar supporting the lads in lowton, baker and bertand, made sense really

also appointed spink, saunders and daley as coaches, was considering changing culverhouse as assistant but hes doing a brilliant job, did want brian little but he wont sign lol

Edited by AndyBM

Is this worth getting?

I always toy with the idea and I am kind of itching for it again but I can't decide if it is worth the money or not, FM13 I played for a week (clocked up a crazy amount of hours in that week though) and then never played it again

2016-2017 :thumb:

Barry is a right old man now, but a lot of my younger players are learning from him and like him, so I am keeping him on till he retires. Also got Jordan Graham in my reserves.

I am pretty much a selling club, sold Romero (the guy somebody mentioned here?) for 20m, Zivkovic for 30m, Daehli for 25m and a few others on top... Romeu for 7m...

With this I bought Barkley, Wanyama, Bakkali and a few youngsters who are on loan at my feeder club or in u21s.

Next up I hope to sell Silva, Dragovic and maybe Campbell for around 40m (for the lot) for another set of purchases.

2016-2017 :thumb:

Barry is a right old man now, but a lot of my younger players are learning from him and like him, so I am keeping him on till he retires. Also got Jordan Graham in my reserves.

I am pretty much a selling club, sold Romero (the guy somebody mentioned here?) for 20m, Zivkovic for 30m, Daehli for 25m and a few others on top... Romeu for 7m...

With this I bought Barkley, Wanyama, Bakkali and a few youngsters who are on loan at my feeder club or in u21s.

Next up I hope to sell Silva, Dragovic and maybe Campbell for around 40m (for the lot) for another set of purchases.

Sounds like you're creating a stable Villa set up. Would you like a job? :D

Â