U21's 2013-14

OutByEaster?

Just got back, really good game. Should have been out of sight at 3-1. Newcastle got a second and it was closer than it should have been. Six was more realistic. Some good performances.

Robinson has a great touch and pace.

Donacien and Webb looked good at the back after a shakey start , with Donacien the better of the two

Jordan was motm for me.

Daniel was trying too hard , understand why with the manager there

Burke was a little disappointing especially as a poor touch in the box led to Newcastle getting the second.

Bateman looked decent throughout and kin sella looked composed in the second half

Scorers were Robinson trick, Johnson with two and an own goal from a good cross from Bateman

All in all a good performance I'll do a fuller report tomorrow

Interesting that the U21s went with 3-5-2. Adds to the theory that Lambert sees it as his preferred long-term option.

or that it's his current preferred system and he is looking for some to step up ;-)
  • Like 4

Interesting that the U21s went with 3-5-2. Adds to the theory that Lambert sees it as his preferred long-term option.

or that it's his current preferred system and he is looking for some to step up ;-)

Kwan won't want to hear that... ;)

Edited by Isa

Graham played on the left side of midfield predominantly. Stieber was on the right but more centrally as you say, he was a little anonymous for me , over shadowed by some others in there

• Like 1

Kwan won't want to hear that... ;)

I think I threw up in my mouth a little

• Like 2

safe to say I don't recognise the match that donachie is talking about there, especially as he describes our goals.

Robinsons first was great control on the edge of their box which took out two defenders before a fabulous finish

Our second was good work down the right by the impressive Bateman who's cross was diverted into his own net by a barcode player

Third was a stonewall pen after motm graham was brought down ( they couldn't handle the lad all night )

Fourth was the pick of the bunch from Robinson great solo effort after taking on their defence

Fifth and sixth their defence was all over the shop at that stage but all those goals served to do was make the shoreline a much more realistic reflection of a game where villa were superb throughout and the gulf in class was evident

The report on avfc is a much more fairer reflection of the actuality of the game

First time I have been to one of these matches - very entertaining I thought - helped, of course, by the result. Particularly liked the number 11, Jordan Graham, who came off near the end, and, as others have said, number 9 Robinson .

re. scouts - saw Terry McDermott and Derek Fazackerley plus a bloke from Derby Co whose name I can't remember. We sat behind the Newcastle bench; in the first half it seemed Peter Beardsley was shouting the instructions but in the second half it was a Scottish bloke who was bellowing out what seemed like mainly platitudes to me. Gordon Cowans didn't do any of that.

Burton have a nice ground too.

but in the second half it was a Scottish bloke who was bellowing out what seemed like mainly platitudes to me.

That must have been slightly uncomfortable for you. Have you ever had that happen to you before?
  • Like 1

First time I have been to one of these matches - very entertaining I thought - helped, of course, by the result. Particularly liked the number 11, Jordan Graham, who came off near the end, and, as others have said, number 9 Robinson .

re. scouts - saw Terry McDermott and Derek Fazackerley plus a bloke from Derby Co whose name I can't remember. We sat behind the Newcastle bench; in the first half it seemed Peter Beardsley was shouting the instructions but in the second half it was a Scottish bloke who was bellowing out what seemed like mainly platitudes to me. Gordon Cowans didn't do any of that.

Burton have a nice ground too.

Jordan came off as he has just returned from injury and was feeling it a bit,  i was told!  The bloke on the Newcastle touchline spent 10 minutes in the second half shouting at "Olivier" to "stand still" !

Gordon Cowans didn't get animated you are right.  But I got a different perspective last night.

Burton have a super ground and the pitch is in fabulous nick for the level they play at

So if we played 3-5-2 was Jordan playing wing back or on the left side of a central 3 in midfield.

Either way seems a little odd

Kinsella was the wing back.  Jordan Graham played in advance of him

At 3-1 we were out of sight to be honest ,  so far ahead if it was a boxing match (you know the rest)

A mistake by Burke while we were attacking and it goes 3-2,  que Villa coaching staff looking royally pissed off as you would.

Should and could have been 5 or 6-1 before Barcodes got the second,  three goals for us in the last few minutes merely put a more accurate gloss on the scoreline

Newcastle (who weren't a bad team by the way and had their moments) were outclassed.

Â