The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

we have chants for Young we have about a million. Milner doesn't even have one.

We may have a million but only one ever gets sung.

I think it's important to push the chants for Young and Barry, and land on one for each which will fit and stick. They're arguably our best two players, yet the songs that are sung week in week out are so unimaginative, repeatitive and dull.

Good work but can't see the Holte End chavs picking up on anything more sophisticated than "Martin, give us a wave...".

I always feel a little embarrassed at home games, but that's just me. I'm sure some will agree and disagree in equal measure.

Good work but can't see the Holte End chavs picking up on anything more sophisticated than "Martin, give us a wave...".

I always feel a little embarrassed at home games, but that's just me. I'm sure some will agree and disagree in equal measure.

Help do something to change it then

from another forum;

To the same tune as the "ten green bottles/German Bombers"

"You can't beat Laursen in the air,

No you can't beat Laursen in the air,

No you can't beat Laursen,

Can't beat Laursen

Can't beat Laursen in the air

"You can't beat Davies in the air,

No you can't beat Davies in the air,

No you can't beat Davies,

Can't beat Davies

Can't beat Davies in the air

"You can't beat Cuellar in the air,

No you can't beat Cuellar in the air,

No you can't beat Cuellar,

Can't beat Cuellar

Can't beat Cuellar in the air

"You can't beat Carew in the air,

No you can't beat Carew in the air,

No you can't beat Carew,

Can't beat Carew

Can't beat Carew in the air"

WE HAVE TO GET THAT GOING TOMORROW

my own...

John Carew is magic, he wears a magic hat

and when he plays for villa his a jolly decent chap

he scores them with his left foot, he scores them with his right

and when we play that city scum he`ll score all **** night

Yeah I completely disagree, I hate seeing people say things like this - what a joke.

We're not allowed to say "i'm a better fan than you" on this forum, but surely this is the same - insulting someones intelligance for no reason. Fellow Villa fans too.

SMH.

OK I had to look up Jigoism,

We don't want to fight but by Jingo if we do,

We've got the ships, we've got the men, we've got the money too,

We've fought in Europe before, and while we're Villans true,

We'll be bringing home the trophy when we get Istanbul

Help do something to change it then

Ya damn right. I myself do feel a little embarassed. It's like some of Villa fans can't learn anything new. I am sure our average fan's IQ isn't that low, but people against learning something new is contrary to that.

It makes a better atmosphere at the club and we need chants that kids can sing as well. I am sure "shit on the city" or "my old man" isn't really the best way to get the families and in the Trinity and Doug Ellis stands going.

what will it be next?

shit clearing in the woods word removed, tit fanny wank? (repeat)!!!!!

This thread was merely to bring together all the decent and original chants villa fans on this board had thought of, and to try and get some more in the mix and people on this fans board to join in if any are sung on the terraces.

I fear the only way to get a good group of us together is wait until next season and try and get our season tickets in exactly the same area of the Holte end. I think 20-30 of us would be all it needs to get these about.

the last time I tried something original people were looking at me as though I was a Paedophile that had just thrown shit into their face!

Good work there kid. I agree we should make as many chants as possible swearing free aswell as more people will get involved. there are some good ones there two, like the Young one and the one for Barry. The Davies one would have been good for today aswell.

God damn buying a house otherwise i could be their trying to start them :bang:

I don't even know how we would go about getting us singers in a group together. Some clubs do allocate a section for people like us to try and get an atmosphere going. They generally have big drums etc, which I think we should try and get to be honest. Keep us all in sync.

to the tune of agadoo:

ashley young young young,

on his webcam he's well hung,

shitted on the city scum,

on the left, on the right,

he makes defenders look shite,

he is **** dynamite

from another forum;

To the same tune as the "ten green bottles/German Bombers"

"You can't beat Laursen in the air,

No you can't beat Laursen in the air,

No you can't beat Laursen,

Can't beat Laursen

Can't beat Laursen in the air

"You can't beat Davies in the air,

No you can't beat Davies in the air,

No you can't beat Davies,

Can't beat Davies

Can't beat Davies in the air

"You can't beat Cuellar in the air,

No you can't beat Cuellar in the air,

No you can't beat Cuellar,

Can't beat Cuellar

Can't beat Cuellar in the air

"You can't beat Carew in the air,

No you can't beat Carew in the air,

No you can't beat Carew,

Can't beat Carew

Can't beat Carew in the air"

WE HAVE TO GET THAT GOING TOMORROW

That would be brilliant and would get a real atmosphere going.

I love some of these but the difficulty is getting everyone singing them. Maybe we could approach The General about getting a couple of the better ones printed in the matchday programme?

good idea or maybe we could get some printed off and put on the seats in the holte, then once the holtes singing away the rest of the ground could pick up on them.

some really good chants in this thread by the way. personally like the davies one, the "hes left the west brom scum to join the pride of brum." one.

to the tune of agadoo:

on his webcam he's well hung,

shitted on the city scum,

on the left, on the right,

he makes defenders look shite,

he is **** dynamite

Brilliant! But i can't help but think that this will end up being another potentially great chant that will never get to the terraces. IMO this is one of the best and easiest chants to remember for young, who desperately needs a chant.

If someone printed the best ones out on a sheet of A4 paper, and then a couple of people put on one each seat in a section of the Holte (with the General's permission of course)... then that might work spreading the word.

That'd be the best way to get the words around I'd have thought.

Ashley Young (TUNE: Youth Group – Forever Young)

Forever Young, we want you here Forever Young

Villa wishes you could play forever, forever and ever

that is the easiest chant for him you will ever get, it's basically the original tune.

Â