Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I was in M&S recently and they somehow managed to cordon off the normal checkouts to create a line which led directly to a wall of self-service machines. This resulted in a queue of people who otherwise wouldn't use these bastard machines, and each approached this new technology with obvious trepidation. Most **** around, scanned the same item numerous times, made various errors and pawed away at the screens like apes. It took about ten minutes longer for me to get my smoked ham and cheese baguette than it would if I used a normal checkout.

Self-service checkouts. What a load of shite.

They only have one advantage - dodging the charity bag packers at the weekend

Much prefer the Waitrose scan as you shop thang

Waitrose eh, you posh bastard ;)

People who cant use self-service checkouts.

:mrgreen:

Its not a case of can't

For me it's....

(1) bottle of wine - pause, wait for an assistant

(2) won't scan - then you even have to physically go get an assistant yourself (happened today too, she couldn't get item to scan either)

(3) tube of glue - see wine

(4) Painkillers - see wine again

(5) item removed from bagging area - no it's still there - pause...

(6) if you were human and gave me 99p in copper and 5p's as my change I'd I'd I'd.... happened last week to me, then had to go to customer service desk to explain that over 23p in copper isn't legal tender (well I had time to kill that day)

• Like 1

Self-service checkouts. What a load of shite.

They only have one advantage - dodging the charity bag packers at the weekend

Much prefer the Waitrose scan as you shop thang

Waitrose eh, you posh bastard ;)

I have 4 options.

Tesco - over a decade of boycotting the place

Sainsburys - highest grossing shop per sq meter in the UK - cramped and also shut for refurb

M&S - don't start me on the local one, that' a whole new rant and

Waitrose who now price check against Tesco and Sainsburys plus its a co-operative ;)

People who cant use self-service checkouts.

:mrgreen:

Its not a case of can't

For me it's....

(1) bottle of wine - pause, wait for an assistant

But this one always has the added bonus of the assistant making a purposeful stare at your face just in case you are under 18 and the store manager is hanging around. I like to purposefully stare back or wink and i'm not fussed on the sex.

What about a local business? Capitalist pig!

He just likes to feel like a big shot, I bet he spends his spare time throwing rotten fruit at people coming out of lidl.

Don't make me bring out the clip from Have I Got News For You of Louise Mensch making an even bigger fool of herself on the subject of capitalism.

He just likes to feel like a big shot, I bet he spends his spare time throwing rotten fruit at people coming out of lidl.

m8, netto

In all srsness, I'm not anti-capitalism. And Morrisons do some cracking meal deals at the hot counter.

absolutely refuse to use self service, it's a reduction in staff, it's a loss of a job

my extra 45 seconds waiting for Doris to realise that she'd have to pay and so only now is delving for her purse is worth it if it means somebody got a job

• Like 1

absolutely refuse to use self service, it's a reduction in staff, it's a loss of a job

my extra 45 seconds waiting for Doris to realise that she'd have to pay and so only now is delving for her purse is worth it if it means somebody got a job

The amount of times they go wrong, it keeps the staff employed.

Â