Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

As much as we all want the new faces to appear, there really is no rush. Have a bit of faith in how good we are. There are not many places better for players to go to than us..... we are ASTON VILLA. We don't need to panic. Martin O'Neill will have everything planned and come pre-season we will be able to look back at this time of worry and laugh. Most people on here are worse than my wife, who as soon as my wages hit the bank, thinks it must be spent.

This is as good a time to be a Villa fan as I can remember, there is a fantastic buzz about everything. We should all relax and enjoy this summer and what is surely going to be a fantastic season.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have let two keepers go and a midfielder who has been pretty much a first choice pick (McCann) for the last few seasons. MON must have deals already "in the bag". July will be a good month for Villa. Samuel and Hendrie also also technically gone so deals are already in place I tells ye!!

Who were Mon and ISM scouting at the Monaco v Marseille match recently?

He wasn't.

He was rumoured to be at that game, but was actually at the game between Ajax and Alkmaar which was on the same night.

Who were Mon and ISM scouting at the Monaco v Marseille match recently?

He wasn't.

He was rumoured to be at that game, but was actually at the game between Ajax and Alkmaar which was on the same night.

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna have to go away and clutch at some more straws now. :oops:

As much as we all want the new faces to appear, there really is no rush. Have a bit of faith in how good we are. There are not many places better for players to go to than us..... we are ASTON VILLA. We don't need to panic. Martin O'Neill will have everything planned and come pre-season we will be able to look back at this time of worry and laugh. Most people on here are worse than my wife, who as soon as my wages hit the bank, thinks it must be spent.

This is as good a time to be a Villa fan as I can remember, there is a fantastic buzz about everything. We should all relax and enjoy this summer and what is surely going to be a fantastic season.

Dont get fooled that we are such a attractive club...we are not! We all love AVFC...but we do stand behind many because we cant offer european football. There is no panic, but there is concerns...and they are motivated because we all know that Villa had a small squad before and if MON wants to bring quality along with quantity he must get 10-12 players in now. That would surely be an all time record for Villa...

and they will lose a lot of meney too for no ttaking us seriously

Are they filming a new series of Allo Allo?

:crylaugh: That made me chuckle.

I think the problem lots of people are having here is this. We are "rumoured" to be after a certain player i.e. Sneijder.

We then get all excited about the prospect(fair enough).We then have certain people say we are not good enough for him, followed by arguements that we are. Then when that player signs for someone else, we are up in arms why we didn't get him.

Unless there is a concrete bid we will never actually know if we went for the man or not. Rumours and facts are completely different things are they not.

Bolton have European football.... does that put them ahead of us??

We are a giant, We are waking, We have the finance, the support, the facilities, the tradition, the history, a good young squad and an exceptional manager.... Do not underestimate our draw... we are the mighty ASTON VILLA

if MON wants to bring quality along with quantity he must get 10-12 players in now

Without counting McCann, Djemba-Djemba and Hendrie I calculate that we have 21 players in our first team squad. Adding your '10-12 players' that we supposedly need, how many clubs do you know that have a first team squad of 31-33 players?

Bolton have European football.... does that put them ahead of us??

We are a giant, We are waking, We have the finance, the support, the facilities, the tradition, the history, a good young squad and an exceptional manager.... Do not underestimate our draw... we are the mighty ASTON VILLA

Well said my friend :clap: ,

Although no doubt the spurs fanatics will arrive soon to spoil the party :D

Spurs are over rated. I wish people would stop getting this inferioity complex when mentioning those idiots.

We've won more trophies over the past 25 years than them. AFAIK they have always spent 'big' but have also always played second fiddle to Arsenal.

Over rated over hyped cockney club.

Now can we get back to Villa transfers....

Don't you just love the OS?

I have heard a rumour, apparently from a reliable source, that a deal for David Trezeguet has almost been completed (just over 10mil) - I'm a little dubious coz I didn't think MON was a big fan of Trez (like Ibrahimovic!), but apparently its true. I dont know whether this will happen, but i can see us signing someone unexpected - hopefully sneijder, but I think we'll be happy by the end of the Summer

A friend of mine - I know it sounds dodgy, but he's always had close links to Villa. I think a relative is a scout for Villa

Would be a signal of intent but it's just another "source"

EDIT: Does anybody know where the David Odonkor rumour came from? It's on the rumour watch on the OS.

Just wondering what people think Stuart Taylor is likely to do this transfer window.

If MON brings in Gordon or some other keeper it's pretty clear Taylor drops down to #3 on the list. While its probably good money for sitting around doing bugger all if it was me I would be looking for a move to where I could actually be playing regularly - like the championship or League 1. While he probably once fancied himself as a premiership keeper you'd think he'll realise his time has come & gone & go looking for another club.

Also with 2 young keepers going out, you'd think we'd be getting a new young keeper in to replace Olejnik as the next big prospect - what happened to that young Norwegian fellow we trialled in January - is he still in the picture?

Bouma is better than Bale as it stands

Hmmm, we might be getting a surprise next season me thinx.

I don't. Not for one minute. This Bale reminds me of Ian Harte. Okay, he has potential but the only part of his game that has made him stand out is his freekicks.

Bouma is better than Bale as it stands

Hmmm, we might be getting a surprise next season me thinx.

I don't. Not for one minute. This Bale reminds me of Ian Harte. Okay, he has potential but the only part of his game that has made him stand out is his freekicks.

Exactly. I've seen him play a few times and i fail to see what all the fuss is about. A very average left-back who hits a very decent free-kick. Of course he's very young and has scope to improve but then so does every other young player.

Gareth Bale is just a talent right now, but being at this level at his age is nothing short of marvelous and the finished material could be something out of the extraordinary. We won't know for years, too bad he went to Tottenham as he would develop better under Alex Ferguson.