Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I read west ham were favourite to get ashley young at one point to.

He may well end up at spurs and i know confidence in signing players isn't your strong point jez but we should probably wait untill something official appears.

TBH we still have no idea if MON wants him.

I dont remember West Am ever being favourites tbh anyway, its so frustrating how Spurs get all the blumin wonderkids and exciting players!

Such an awesome player would make their mediocre center midfield awesome whilst at the same time stretching away from us...ffs!

Obviously anything could happen your correct LM, but this is not Young, Sneijder has 1 international team mate at Villa and for all we know he might not even like him. Whilst Spurs have London a dutch manager and europe, bugger!

Have faith little one.

You read one article and you act like he's already joined them.

And what wonderkids are you talking about?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have faith little one.

:shock: Ooh err.

You read one article and you act like he's already joined them.

And what wonderkids are you talking about?

Robinson,Lennon,Dawson,Huddlestone,Rozenthal.

Robinson :?

Lennon,Dawson,Huddlestone. Spurs took a risk on these players and it paid off. They weren't beating off the competition with a stick at the time.

Rozenthal. Who?

We have exciting youg players too in Young, Gabby and Maloney. The grass isn't always greener.

Bloody spuds always linked to the same players as us.When you think about it they do have an advantage over us in sneijder's case because jol is his countrymen.It's just so frustrating.Nevermind, there's still samir nasri.Talking about wonderkids what about the brazilian kerlon?He's unstoppable with his seal dribble and he has good finishing as well.

If Spurs and Villa are fighting for Sneijder I am convinced that Spurs has the best chance of getting him. They have playing in Europe as an attraction, London, Martin Jol...and maybe a more exciting squad at the moment.

Strikers as Berbatov, Defoe, Keane outplay our strikeforce in of Carew, Moore, Agbonlahor, Young. Our strikeforce might be more potential, but their strikers are better and have a much better big name profile.

The midfield has the similar status and that applies to goalkeepers as well. The defence of Spurs do seem a little bit better or more promising then Villas even though I would say we have the upper hand on big name profiles in that area and the fact that Bouma plays at Villa.

Villas biggest attraction lies in the future signings and that the club is on the up big times. However...if Sneijder are the first signing as a big profile it might be to tough to get him onboard not having more to show than the ambition to sign big players together with his arrival.

Our chance to get Sneijder if the clubs are head to head is at the best 20%...

Abendblatt, a newspaper in Hamburg, claim we're after Nigel de Jong

I think that rumour was on last week or so...not mentioned very much though. He plays for Hamburg SV in Germany and as I understand it he wont be that expensive to buy. He is skilled, but it is a long time since I saw him play. NdJ is a hard working midfielder with an eye for goal and that would suit our midfield well.

Abendblatt, a newspaper in Hamburg, claim we're after Nigel de Jong

Nigel De Jong is a fine player, I would be delighted with that signing if it comes off!

I remember him beeing linked with Arsenal a few years back when he was about to leave Ajax.

Maybe not "the shiny signing" (read Wesley Sneijder) but perhaps an equally good signing for us as a team?

We don't have to put all our eggs in Sneidjer's basket, as long as these two young talented left sided play makers are still out there

Nery Alberto Castillo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htu9QZYttMs

And

Daniel Carvalho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDMPywDQJQc

who have been very impressive for their respective clubs in the champions league and imo just as good as Sneidjer then we've still got hope.

If Spurs and Villa are fighting for Sneijder I am convinced that Spurs has the best chance of getting him. They have playing in Europe as an attraction, London, Martin Jol...and maybe a more exciting squad at the moment.

Strikers as Berbatov, Defoe, Keane outplay our strikeforce in of Carew, Moore, Agbonlahor, Young. Our strikeforce might be more potential, but their strikers are better and have a much better big name profile.

The midfield has the similar status and that applies to goalkeepers as well. The defence of Spurs do seem a little bit better or more promising then Villas even though I would say we have the upper hand on big name profiles in that area and the fact that Bouma plays at Villa.

Villas biggest attraction lies in the future signings and that the club is on the up big times. However...if Sneijder are the first signing as a big profile it might be to tough to get him onboard not having more to show than the ambition to sign big players together with his arrival.

Their defence is one of the worst in the league and as such we lost less games than them so your suggestion that their defence is "more promising" is rubbish, and i don't think people need to be schooled about the Spuds team either as i'm sure everyone knows about them in here by now!!.

Geremi is linked today with a move back to Middlesborough, i know i keep banging on about him but if we let him move without at least having a go it would be crazy..

would solve our right back problem at a stroke and provide backup in midfield, a quality player...

On the subject of random signings, at the start of last season Argentina played Brazil at te Emirates and I watched Elano, who I think plays for Shaktar Donetsk and he was awesome, think he plays right wing but he seemed to be all over the place, if we dont get Wes (more like if MON wants him) then we should go for him instead

Their defence is one of the worst in the league and as such we lost less games than them so your suggestion that their defence is "more promising" is rubbish, and i don't think people need to be schooled about the Spuds team either as i'm sure everyone knows about them in here by now!!.

If you dont like my opinion...dont read. To answer it like you did is in some way your opinion but you add on a slightly disrespectful ending...and I recent that.

Spurs was way more attacking than Villa and if you attack more you are bound to open up for other teams to get chances to score. Martin Jol has calculated that he had a strikeforce that would win them games anyway and he wasnt wrong. Spurs attack was awesome at times.

I´m not trying to school anyone about Spurs, but I try to weight in a realistic analyze on why Sneijder would prefer to choose Spurs before Villa as the clubs stands now with the squad.

Many on this forum overrate the excisting squad of Villa. If we didnt get Carew, Young and Maloney in january together with a brightly playing Berger we would have had a hell of a time avoiding relegation. It was there for everyone to see...

Newspaper talk......fleet st......london.....

Anyone else think that half of fleet st are spuds fans?

They are signing everyone if you believe the papers!

So are we...and West Ham. These teams are just easy target as West Ham and Villa have new owners with suggested big budgets. Spurs has always been active in transfer market...everywhere. It seems they have a bite at everyone before they finalize deals... :lol: