If Mon wants him, whatcha gonna do?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope I misheard ssn say we have been linked with Marlon Harewood. :shock:

He been released from West Am, a cracking signing! :bang:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did, bring him in as a direct back up to Carew and as a replacement for Angel and Sutton.

He been released from West Am, a cracking signing! :bang:

Accept it, MON doesn't ever make mistakes so it would alllll be ok!

Who would sit on the bench for us if we sign him?

Maybe Mellberg is being seen as the answer to our RB problems? Shift him over there full time and then we have say Laursen *new signing* Cahill and Ridge for CB.

Who would sit on the bench for us if we sign him?

Maybe Mellberg is being seen as the answer to our RB problems?

Let's hope not, he's no more than a stop-gap playing there, Its okay when we have injuries, but long term he isnt a good enough right back.

Mertesacker would be a great signing, I hope we are genuinely interested. At that price also it would be a bargain!

German fans say that he is an ok CB, not the best at defending but dangerous at set pieces.

He is young though, especially in CB terms and has great height also so could develop into a real dominant force.

Afonso Alves of Heerenveen is being linked to Stuttgart for £6.7M. Must be worth a punt the guy has scored 34 in 31 games and must offer better value than the prices quoted for Bent and Bellemy.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470179&CPID=22&clid=318&lid=&title=Stuttgart+target+Alves

Impressive stats yes, but he'll not make it in the premiership. To weak. Saw him for a couple of years when he played in sweden so take my word for it. He could well be a hit in sspain or italy though.

That wouldnt be the end of the world. He'd provide a physical squad alternative to Carew and wouldnt cost too much. He might revive his career or be sold in a season or two. We need a squad as well as some major first team signings.

Afonso Alves of Heerenveen is being linked to Stuttgart for £6.7M. Must be worth a punt the guy has scored 34 in 31 games and must offer better value than the prices quoted for Bent and Bellemy.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470179&CPID=22&clid=318&lid=&title=Stuttgart+target+Alves

Earlier story about him on Skysports

Chelsea have been linked with a move for Afonso Alves, after Piet de Visser travelled to watch him action for Heerenveen against Willem II.

De Visser, one of Roman Abramovich's top advisers, saw Alves score a hat-trick in Heerenveen's 3-1 victory.

The Brazilian, who joined Heerenveen from Malmo last summer, is the Eredivisie's top scorer with 29 goals from 29 games.

However, de Visser was less than impressed by Willem II's defending and doubts whether Alves would be so prolific in a different league.

"In the Netherlands there is very bad defending," De Visser told Algemeen Dagblad.

"You could have seen it also here.

"Maybe it's just once that he bags 30 in a season."

A striker getting 30 goals in a season for us, once wouldn't be too bad :lol: