Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Daily Mail also report that West Ham are set to offer £13m initial offer and £90000pw to Andy Johnson, hilarious, and they are willing to offer up to £18m. They are paying Scott Parker £72000pw.

The market is really going to hot up now, there is gonna be a lot of inflation too.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£6mil is way to much for Koumas, £4mil at a push. Ideally we will get Sneijder though, fork out the extra £4mil for real quality.

I think Koumas would be bought for the left wing, not central midfield.

Hasn't got the work ethic or all round game for central midfield.

He doesn't strike me as an O'Neill player, would be surprised if it happened.

Daily Mail also report that West Ham are set to offer £13m initial offer and £90000pw to Andy Johnson, hilarious, and they are willing to offer up to £18m. They are paying Scott Parker £72000pw.

The market is really going to hot up now, there is gonna be a lot of inflation too.

That was bound to happen anyway with all the money that will be available to all clubs this season due to new TV deal.

i sincerely hope we don't get involved in the madness of west ham united. the only players you should even dream about paying 70k a week are WORLD CLASS STARS

not prem fodder like Parker/Johnson. its all for show and means nothing. i'd rather sign NOBODY honestly

still. it'll be fun to watch em in a few years as they fall to bits!

£6mil is way to much for Koumas, £4mil at a push. Ideally we will get Sneijder though, fork out the extra £4mil for real quality.

Err out of interest how do you know that Sneijder is real quality in english football? I'm not saying he might not be but..

He is a 'big name' as such but could quite easily be a flop in english football as has not been proven. You could argue that Koumas is proven, as has done well to a certain extent

Its the same old wanting the name before the quality, if a name is trendy or good on FM etc then they are going to be good in real life/do well automatically.

Koumas could be awesome, Sneijder could not and vise versa, we should all except who MON buys and support them as a Villa player, give them time to be good or bad then judge them.

A few points-

IF we were to sign Dean Ashton tomorrow the Spammers would post that he's a shite to average injury prone player.

Was just thinking this.

There are very few players that, if leaving, fans could not make themselves feel better about by concentrating on the negatives & playing down the positives.

I have been going the Villa since 1988, and Paul McGrath & Gordon Cowans aside (and even when they left it was due to age) I reckon I could have done it with every other player we've had.

(Well, Dwight Yorke, but lets not talk about him :winkold:)

Although, that has been easier to do the last few years :?

A few points-

IF we were to sign Dean Ashton tomorrow the Spammers would post that he's a shite to average injury prone player.

Was just thinking this.

There are very few players that, if leaving, fans could not make themselves feel better about by concentrating on the negatives & playing down the positives.

I have been going the Villa since 1988, and Paul McGrath & Gordon Cowans aside (and even when they left it was due to age) I reckon I could have done it with every other player we've had.

Platt?

Err out of interest how do you know that Sneijder is real quality in english football? I'm not saying he might not be but..

He is a 'big name' as such but could quite easily be a flop in english football as has not been proven. You could argue that Koumas is proven, as has done well to a certain extent

Its the same old wanting the name before the quality, if a name is trendy or good on FM etc then they are going to be good in real life/do well automatically.

Koumas could be awesome, Sneijder could not and vise versa, we should all except who MON buys and support them as a Villa player, give them time to be good or bad then judge them.

Koumas won't be awesome he wasn't the last time he was in this division and even Bryan Robson a manager who likes a few creative players put him on the bench.

A few points-

Was just thinking this.

Platt?

Didn't think he was as good in 90/91, he'd started diving a bit - which, bearing in mind the era, was more of an issue then - & had his heart set on a big move to Italy.

Also helped fund the Big Ron revolution.

A few points-

Was just thinking this.

Platt?

Didn't think he was as good in 90/91, he'd started diving a bit - which, bearing in mind the era, was more of an issue then - & had his heart set on a big move to Italy.

Also helped fund the Big Ron revolution.

As a 6-8 year old when he was here in his pomp I loved him and his stats were great:

1987-1988 Played 11 Scored 5 goals (Division 2)

1988-1989 Played 38 Scored 7 goals (Division 1)

1989-1990 Played 37 Scored 19 goals (Division 1)

1990-1991 Played 35 Scored 19 goals (Division 1)

Even better record in 90-91 and we were shit that season.

Ah but the point is, I still made my argument.

For the record, I remember being gutted when he left.

So, what I was saying in the first place was, it is easy to make it look like it's best the player is moving on, if you choose to voice your opinion in that manner.

Just like WHU fans are doing with NRC.

Everyone commenting on reo cokers attitude need to get a grip NONE OF US KNOW THE MAN AND NIETHER DO ANY OF THOSE W.H FANS who are slagging him off.For what its worth he looks a decent guy in interviews and whatever but all we can judge him on is what we have seen of him on the pitch and from what ive seen hes well worth the buy.The bloke got racist abuse and all sorts of shite but still stayed through the jan transfer window to help west ham survive.Wait to see if he signs and make your own judgements after a period of time but do not just take what some jealous peanut brained west ham fans say to be truth

i have read a rumour among them lot that the reason why ashley young snubbed them is because he didnt want to play with reo coker(when he already does for the u 21s),so instead of it being the fact that they are crap and were in the relegation battle and we are a bigger club it was all reo cokers fault young chose us so as you can see you wont get a fair shout out of a lot of them.

as for koumas i dont think he is any better than petrov or gardner but if he signs i wouldnt mind.

:shock:

Gotta be something in this IMO, media have been going on about it for a week or so now.

Suggests that D.Bent is going somewhere, and not West Ham. Probably Spurs to play third choice behind Berbatov and Keane :(

Also, hope NRC signs by Tuesday otherwise if he has a great U21 tournament, Spurs etc will be trying to get his signature!

If you were him, would you not wait until after the tournament? If he does sign before then, I think Villa should be applauded for selling the club completely to the young man.

Can't see it though, think we may lose out, think he may wait and see. :?

I can't see the U21 tournement changing the NRC situation that much, the only thing that will happen is that the price on him can be affected by his performance, but because he playes well in a few games should not make i.e. spurs more interessted than the are right now - if they are then their buying police is seriously stupid. Even DOL knew not to judge a player on a few good games in a different setting.

the belgian site voetbalkrant.com reports that valencia is no longer interested in Wesley Sneijder after both clubs couldn't agree a fee. However they also say that there is no interst from any other club at the moment