Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Me too. I've been telling my mates at Uni that Villa will be getting some good buys this summmer. The next thing they see is us signing Bramble - I'll look a joke!!

How pathetic is it that a small yellow bar on SSN during the sumer can get you so excited like a little kid who's just been allowed his favourite toy from Woolworths!! Haha.

Up the Villa! No panic here.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finnan would be an excellent signing for the next couple of seasons. an improvement on what we've got and it'd give us time to get a long term successor (contrary to what some seem to think, we are not going to be buying our entire team for the next 5 years this summer!). be surprised if liverpool let him go, but if they are getting alves or someone, he may not want to be backup at this stage in his career.

Finnan would be an excellent signing imo and I think Liverplop would be stupid to get rid. In Finnan & Riise they have the best pair of halfbacks in the country and they contribute an awful lot to plop's results.

Second choice to whom?!

I dont know, but signing or attempting to sign a 31 year old seems like were going for second best to me.

But it means we're also buying the finished article that can go straight out on the pitch and contribute immediately - not to mention single-handedly solving our troublesome rightback slot. We can't buy all promising youngsters. The average age of the CL winning Milan team was 31.

Second choice to whom?!

I dont know, but signing or attempting to sign a 31 year old seems like were going for second best to me.

But it means we're also buying the finished article that can go straight out on the pitch and contribute immediately - not to mention single-handedly solving our troublesome rightback slot. We can't buy all promising youngsters. The average age of the CL winning Milan team was 31.

I would say that a players peek years are between 27 and 30, and his past that. But as i said his a good player.

Second choice to whom?!

I would say that a players peek years are between 27 and 30, and his past that. But as i said his a good player.

I'd say that depends on the player and their attributes. If you're a centre-half then you rely more on experience than anything and are probably at your best in your early thirties. Same for goalkeepers.

If you're Shaun Wright-Phillips, Aaron Lennon or (dare I say it) Gabby Agbonlahor and rely on blistering pace over other attributes then your peak is probably in your early twenties.

it is silly to suggest we shouldn't get him just because he is 31. He plays consistently all the time and very well for Liverpool, so to suggest he isnt' good enough to villa is stupid because, although it pains me to say it, Liverpool are a lot biger than us

A players peak years are usually between 27 & 30 but that doesn't negate my final sentence above.

Yes but we are light years from winning anything. We have to build a team/squad for the future. Signing 31 year old players are for now.

Second choice to whom?!

Not all of our new signings will be young and long term, short term experience from players who have been there and done it could be invaluable next season.

Good point about Milan.

So you were told Bent is in Mere Green. You didn't actually see him yourself?

A few of the lads in my office went over there for lunch and they saw him. They are dirty noses and came back going mad about it. Obviously I knew i'd get abused for posting it but....bovvered.

After the defoe shambles i doubt anybody is going to take any notice of who your friends have spotted.

So you were told Bent is in Mere Green. You didn't actually see him yourself?

A few of the lads in my office went over there for lunch and they saw him. They are dirty noses and came back going mad about it. Obviously I knew i'd get abused for posting it but....bovvered.

I'm not abusing you. I just wanted to know if you saw him or somebody else did.

I'm abusing you. You know nothing. You embarrassed yourself in January - don't do it again now.

Go away small boy

I'm neither small nor a boy. Mind you, I obviously don't expect you to post on the truth or things that you actually know anything about so I suppose it's to be expected.

Finnan would be a shrewd signing by the way, but I'd hope we would supplement him with someone younger as well.

As much as I'd love this rumour to be true, I suspect the dirty nose bastards are winding you up mate.