Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Pelle, your argument doesn't really stand up.

Maybe not. So you think we should buy half the WBA first team to take us to the top?

There's a nice, happy middle-ground between those two extremes and that's where you'll find me.

Maybe not. So you think we should buy half the WBA first team to take us to the top?

I do not have much time for Koumas after his well documented antics in the past, but I have to admit that he looked a very good player yesterday.

Harry Kewell (If not too expensive) is worth a punt.

Agree with BOF, we do not have an out and out left winger.

Yes Barry, Maloney, Berger or even Young can play there but Kewell is a "left footed, left winger".

He has had many injury problems but that does not make him a crap player.

I am so sick and tired of fans thinking that we are the dogs bollocks and should not be after Kewell, Bellamy, Taylor etc.

Who do you actually think we are YET.

I'm sure that MON will sign various types of player this summer. Maybe a shock big name, an overseas unknown and some reliable, good quality players to improve our team.

We are going in the right direction but we have to get there first.

There's a nice, happy middle-ground between those two extremes and that's where you'll find me.

Probably where you'll find me too when I'm talking with more sense and less dreams, but which are the extremes? Do you mean buy one or two from WBA instead of half the team and none from them, or somewhere between WBA-players or world class players? I'm between the latter of the two, if you see what I mean.

Probably where you'll find me too when I'm talking with more sense and less dreams, but which are the extremes? Do you mean buy one or two from WBA instead of half the team and none from them, or somewhere between WBA-players or world class players? I'm between the latter of the two, if you see what I mean.

Marge, I haven't learned a thing :) Personally I'd take Koumas and that's it. Davies is good enough but we already have enough CB's.

Nothing wrong with trying to pick up a few bargains from the lower leagues, anyone remember David Platt?

The problem these days is that there is no such thing as a bargain because as soon as a big club makes their interest known the price rockets, hence why so many scour the overseas markets instead.

The argument that I was originally referring to was that about quality from the lower leagues. In terms of my being placed in the centre-ground what I mean is that I neither thank that all players from the championship ae useless because they play in the championship, nor do I think that we should buy half the WBA squad. There are players in the Championship who are good enough to improve Prem sides. A number of real gems have come from the lower leagues. Whether they are at WBA or not is another issue altogether.

Hope that clears it up :P

id rather we went for cisse than bellamy, cheaper and better in my opinion

if we signed Cisse i would be absolutely disgusted and i would be embarrased to see him in a Villa shirt. He is a violent, whining little twunt with absolutely no ability whatsoever. He litteraly lives down the road from me as well and i have come across him once and he is one of those arrogant "do you know who i am" people

Bellamy is far better than Cisse, infact i would say Gabby is better than Cisse!

Cisse looks like Gabby does on the wing,...all the time i.e rubbish!

Anything happened today?

Harry Kewells Halcyon days are far behind him and he's not good enough for us anymore.

If you think thats arrogance, tough. I dont.

If we have the resources (and we have) to find players that are good enough for Liverpool we should be after them, not their cast off has beens on £60,000 p/w. Liverpool or whoever cant have them all.

Links from TribalFootball and FansFC are just about as reliable as me saying:"We are going to sign Romario tomorrow" 0% worthy of a post

so please stop putting them on here as they are simply without any form of truth.