Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

so it looks like we're definitely getting a new keeper and it'll either be boruc or gordon.

What makes you say this? There has been nothing more solid on these rumours than any other, has there?

well its because we are getting linked with boruc and gordon which proves that we are searching for a new keeper

It proves nothing.

Links like this prove only one thing, that sports journlists still have to sell newspapers even when there are no matches to comment on.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bardsley gone.

Samuel and Hendrie off the wage bill.

McCann and Ridgewell seemingly for sale and probably able to bring in £4m between them.

Hughes and Davis linked with moves to Fulham and potentially bringing in another £5m.

We could bring in £9m with sales and free up a whole chunk of wage money with this lot, but more importantly if we lose these 7 players, we must be looking to buy 7 or 8 this summer.

Pre-season training starts on the 4th July ( I think) so the next 36 days should be very exciting indeed !!

we must be looking to buy 7 or 8 this summer.

I think we need to rbing in an extra 3 players on top of that (i.e cover for defence and midfield) so MON has to have at least 10 players penciled in on his list.

Looks like its gonna be a busy summer

so it looks like we're definitely getting a new keeper and it'll either be boruc or gordon.

What makes you say this? There has been nothing more solid on these rumours than any other, has there?

well its because we are getting linked with boruc and gordon which proves that we are searching for a new keeper

It proves nothing.

Links like this prove only one thing, that sports journlists still have to sell newspapers even when there are no matches to comment on.

Don't you think some links might have a little truth in them?Not all links are made up although a lot of them are bullshit.So do you think we'll have a new keeper come next season?because i sure do.

we must be looking to buy 7 or 8 this summer.

I think we need to rbing in an extra 3 players on top of that (i.e cover for defence and midfield) so MON has to have at least 10 players penciled in on his list.

Looks like its gonna be a busy summer

I'd be very surprised if we brought in 10 players.

Have we ever done that, by the way? I was just thinking Big Ron might have in 1991?

Anyway... I have said before that I don't think we'll increase numbers per se, we'll just increase options. Replacing the likes of Hendrie, Djemba-Djemba, Samuel... I mean, how close to the team were they anyway, really?

So assuming all 3 of those are gone soon, and we bring in 3 new players, it will feel like we have a bigger squad, even though we don't, if you catch my drift.

I'd be very surprised if we brought in 10 players.

Have we ever done that, by the way? I was just thinking Big Ron might have in 1991?

90/91 close season - Cox, Penrice, Davis, Regis, Atkinson, Ehiogu, Sealey, Mortimer, Teale

91/92 close season - Richardson, Staunton, Kubicki, Parker, Farrell, Barrett, Bosnich, Berry, Houghton

Both seasons 9 in. In '91 close season we sold 10 players so actually reduced the squad size. In '90 we sold 5.

i think if west brom dont win today

then McShane will be our first signing to be announced in the next week or two

you having a laugh??? He's distribution is terrible... problem as bas as melbergs

No thank you

i wouldnt know.ive never seen him play in my life

but its probably one of the most strongest rumours amongst all the other tripe

if MON does want any of kamara,davies,mcshane,koumas

then its obviously going to happen after their fate has been decided today

Having watched today's match, I wouldn't go near McShane - he looks very, very average and that's against Derby!!

Giles Barnes looks useful but is a bit too similar to Young and Maloney.

Frankly, I'd leave well alone...