Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

by the way: Houllier has stepped down as Lyon manager. How about getting using Carew as bait and raid Lyon for some of those quality ones..Juninho anyone?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way: Houllier has stepped down as Lyon manager. How about getting using Carew as bait and raid Lyon for some of those quality ones..Juninho anyone?

Juninho is great, but I dont think he is the type of player MON is looking for...he is a little bit too old. However...their squad has some very interesting players. I hope Villa wont gor for Källström as I feel he is too slow for Premier...(and I am Swedish!)

yep...you are swedish and me norwegian..living in Copenhagen :lol: Still see your point in Kim Kallstrøm, a good player, talented but maybe too slow. Florent Malouda is a left side winger...great player...maybe Fred, the brazilian. And for the truly optimistic ones: One certain Milan Baros..

More rumours with substance please! Anyone?

sorry PatrickCousens....i meant bait as in, trying to convince other "friends" at Lyon coming to Villa Park! Definately not selling him!!

I think people are underestimating the attraction of playing for Martin O'Neill. Players across Europe know that he has been a success as a manager where ever he has gone. So they know if they come to the club, success should be just around the corner.

I like the fact that where not being linked to every man and his dog. Just going about our way quietly, and firming up those deals. Most of the sales so far are reactionary sales, because players are on frees, or they have been relegated. Managers making those sought of purchases have to be questioned. Martin O'Neill knows what type of player we wants, he's identified them, now it's just closing those deals, if they havn't already been confirmed.

In a few weeks time we'll be asking how the manager got him to sign for the Villa.

Hammers join Bellamy queue

By JOHN EDWARDS

West Ham have joined Aston Villa and Blackburn in the race to sign Craig Bellamy, even though Liverpool have slapped a £12million price tag on the unsettled striker.

Blackburn believed they were closing in on their former frontrunner, after Villa appeared to lose interest in the wake of a failed bid during the January transfer window.

But Martin O'Neill is back in the hunt, while Alan Curbishley is also keen on adding Bellamy's pace and finishing to his squad as West Ham look to avoid a repeat of their relegation near-miss

Clicky...

Blades call Moyes' bluff

Sheffield United have told Everton to put up £6m or forget about signing midfielder Phil Jagielka. David Moyes has put Jagielka at the top of his summer shopping list, and was hoping to land the former England Under-21 player in a £4.5m deal.

But the offer has been rejected and United's Plc chairman Kevin McCabe will only sell Jagielka if another club meets his asking price.

Newcastle, Aston Villa and Bolton are also keen on signing Jagielka, but McCabe is hopeful new manager Bryan Robson can persuade him to stay at Bramall Lane.

McCabe said: "It's hardly surprising other clubs are interested in a player of his quality and potential, but of course we'd rather keep him. Hopefully we can convince Phil that he can achieve what he wants by staying with us."

Clicky...

Liverpool have slapped a £12million price tag on the unsettled striker

Too much. Too much by a good sight, with his baggage.

Taking the bloody piss if you ask me, especially with his latest antics..7-8m max i would say.

Liverpool have slapped a £12million price tag on the unsettled striker

Too much. Too much by a good sight, with his baggage.

Isn't that almost double what Liverpool paid for him only one season ago? It's way to high a pricetag

12 million for bellamy... get ****, 4 mill max!!

Who cares its not your money and if MON and Randy are willing to pay that it certainly doesn't matter!

Oh unless it needs to be thrown in their faces everytime they dont perform to 12mill standards! :!: