Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I can't see why we are even looking at the possibility of Luke and Gabby going on this thread. I doubt if they would like to think we were even considering the prospect.

Who knows whether Charlton would want Luke or that Luke would want to go? My guess is that Charlton will sell Bent to the highest bidder and hope that is not their former manager and then buy someone of their own choice. If Luke does move it should be on loan for a few months in the knowledge that he will come back rather than be sold, if he was sold it would not be to someone in the league below - he is better than that.

Fergie might like the look of Gabby but this is no longer the former chairman he is dealing with and I suspect at the end of next season Gabby might think his ambitions can be achieved here and he is young enough to wait.

expect good news very soon on 2 super signings

This chap on the icbrum forum may have a track record Gabby but he's not saying too much yet is he? Sounds a bit like me saying expect 4 new signings before the new season starts for a total of £20m plus, I suspect the bookies would give us both odds on.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an eerie silence in this thread. Somethings not right!

Patience for gods sake. Everyone was having a fit in January and that worker out ok didn't it

The bloke on icbrum is probably full of shit, they usually are people claiming to know stuff!

I agree with Jez for once! :P

Just checked out the history and he said Tainio was already signed too.

He guessed the Young thing through the info Bothroyd was giving and the fact that Young didn't play against us and after that etc.

We knew about Carew over here because of 'the trees' etc.

We'll sign players, don't worry about it. The summer is just at the start. The club is making all the right noises, that's all that matters.

There is an eerie silence in this thread. Somethings not right!

Patience for gods sake. Everyone was having a fit in January and that worker out ok didn't it

I wasn't moaning about gossip. I was just amazed no1 had posted for so long. It must have been a record.

I don't know what people's thoghts are, but I have a lot of time for Frederic Kanoute. He's proven in the Premiership with West Ham and Tottenham, and would of gained a lot of experience from the 2 UEFA Cup triumphs with Sevilla. I think he would come back to the Premiership a far more experienced and well-rounded player, and be the 20 goal a season player the club has been looking for.

Morning ladies and gents, just listening to BRMB and Tom Ross said we were linked with Matty Taylor from Pompey, but i couldnt find it on any sites. Think he would be a good signing to play left side and also be backup to Bouma a left back.

Is it inevitable that we going to sign Bellamy. Hopefully he'll want to go back to blackburn with mark hughes but I just get a bad feeling he will be a villa player next season :x

i expect bellamy to be a villa player by the time i set off for wembley next week.As for matty taylor i would love to have him but i highly doubt harry redknapp would let him go unless we offerd him a player aswell.

These new Liverpool owners are hopeless. Now one of them is talking about bringing in Snoop Dogg if Rafa wanted him to, and talks again about play-offs and stuff going on in the US sports. Well, I guess those Liverpool Reds comments are going to stick for a long time! I would accept "soccer" from both Randy and the General, but anything else like play-offs and rosters would be blasphemy ;)