Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig Gordon? I've never seen him play, I know he's rated highly though.

I thought it was pretty much a given we were going to sign Boruc though?

I think we will still sign him. Could be the first.

Martin O'Neill is watching Craig Gordon today!!

According to the reporter at the game.

BBC Sport reporting it:

Manchester United are considering an £8m summer transfer bid for Hearts and Scotland goalkeeper Craig Gordon, BBC Sport believes.

And Aston Villa could be pondering a move, with boss Martin O'Neill watching from the stands during Sunday's last SPL game of the season at Kilmarnock.

The 24-year-old has been Hearts captain since the controversial departure of Steven Pressley to Celtic in December.

Hearts assistant Stephen Frail on Friday valued the goalkeeper at £10m.

English Premiership sides failed to match Hearts' asking price in January, while Gordon rejected a move to Spartak Moscow the following month.

The goalkeeper, capped 14 times for Scotland, has previously been linked with both Arsenal and Fulham.

Link

Not sure why Utd would be after him when they have Kusczak as backup to Van Der Saar and also have Foster coming back.....so maybe a realistic target for us? Having said that MON could have been looking at someone else!

Not sure why Utd would be after him when they have Kusczak as backup to Van Der Saar and also have Foster coming back.....so maybe a realistic target for us? Having said that MON could have been looking at someone else!

He'd have to be first choice wherever he goes. If Utd do want him VDS must be on his way out. He is rated very highly so it's not impossible.

Manchester United are considering an £8m summer transfer bid for Hearts and Scotland goalkeeper Craig Gordon, BBC Sport believes.

And Aston Villa could be pondering a move, with boss Martin O'Neill watching from the stands during Sunday's last SPL game of the season at Kilmarnock.

£8 million?

If we spend that much on a keeper, then I can't wait to see how much we spend on a striker!!

I agree with the requests for individual rumour threads.

I like to catch up on who's linked with us reading here but find I have to bypass several Defoe obsessed pages to get to any other rumour.

The only rumour that has any deal of solidity about it IMO is the Antunes fella. I'm sure MON is looking at other players too, including Craig Gordon apparently, but I doubt it's anything more than basic scouting.

Agre with you in general on this one but hopes that it's more than just basic scouting at this stage, if you know what I mean. At this stage I think he should know pretty much which players he'd want most and maybe checking some back-ups. Like Gordon, maybe.

When the manager goes to watch the player, it normally means the scouts have done their bit and now he's a serious target.

Much like when O'Neill used to be seen watching Young at Watford games..

Yeah, fair enough Pelle - I don't think I expressed myself very well there. I don't really mean basic scouting but I mean to say that MON will be keen to see as many players as he can at this time and just because he is seen in the crowds at a game doesn't necessarily mean that we will be bidding for a player invloved in that game.

Yeah, fair enough Pelle - I don't think I expressed myself very well there. I don't really mean basic scouting but I mean to say that MON will be keen to see as many players as he can at this time and just because he is seen in the crowds at a game doesn't necessarily mean that we will be bidding for a player invloved in that game.

And that I agree totally with. Maybe was me being a little bit too pedantic. Anyway, think we mean the same things, then.

Like Micheal Essien, Christiano Ronaldo, Ubafemi Martins.

Are they Michael, Cristiano and Obafemi's brothers?

:lol:

I think a number of players are overhyped because they are foreign. Michael Essien, Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy were always too good for us. As a general rule, I think we should stick with what we know. I'd much rather Darren Bent than Saviola. That's not to say that if there are gems or bargains to be found abroad, we oughtn't to go for them - we should, of course - but I just feel we ought to remember that sometimes John Smith can be just as good as Juan Federico de Ninho.

John Smith just costs 3m more.