Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Alan Curbishley will axe 12 of his West Ham squad in a £40m summer shake-up. Nigel Reo-Coker, Marlon Harewood and Bobby Zamora will lead the exodus. (Various)

link

Not good enough for West Ham but good enough for some on here. True that what we really need is someone who smashes people in the face in training and stubs cigars out in players' eyes. Or someone who gets roaring drunk and attacks his team-mates with a golf club during the night. "We're too nice. What we need is someone nasty." Oh so that's why we haven't won anything for years. I suppose I'm a bit of a sissy for not wanting such scum at VP. :oops:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can anyone say that heinze would be a bad signing. the kid is class, FACT. he would be amazin at villa, he is twice the player that bouma is, and i rate bouma.

Please, please, see realism. Players like heinze would make us class. there really is no pleasin some people

It's not point of realism.I've seen alot of Man U this season and he's been by far their worst player this season.Just because he plays for United doesn't auatomatically mean he's class.He was quality last season but since he had that bad injury he hasn't been half the player.Plus he's 29 and would want massive wages.Would much prefer to sign someone with potential and a bit of hunger who can actually pass a ball.

Heinze? Ferreira? Antunez? Nugent? Defoe? Bellamy? Alves? Huntelaar? Sniejder?

Alot of people are going to be dissapointed this transfer window

I'd suggest we've got a pretty good shot at Defoe.

Other than that, I suppose people should lower their expectations... but we've had low expectations in terms of who we might sign for a couple of decades. Fitzy has come out and told us to expect top class signings, so that's what we're doing I suppose.

I'd suggest we've got a pretty good shot at Defoe.

Other than that, I suppose people should lower their expectations... but we've had low expectations in terms of who we might sign for a couple of decades. Fitzy has come out and told us to expect top class signings, so that's what we're doing I suppose.

Yes, they shouldn't come out with them sort of comments!

Djibril Cisse has told Liverpool to slash their transfer demands so he can finally leave the club. (Sunday Mirror)

Anyone think a bid for Cisse would be worthwile? Cheaper than Bellamy, faster than Bellamy and dare I say better than Bellamy imo.

Djibril Cisse has told Liverpool to slash their transfer demands so he can finally leave the club. (Sunday Mirror)

Anyone think a bid for Cisse would be worthwile? Cheaper than Bellamy, faster than Bellamy and dare I say better than Bellamy imo.

Never really liked him, he seems to lack composure in front of goal!

correct Pete, if Lerner had been around we would have had both Keane and Junihno ...

Maybe. Gregory didn't seem all that enamoured with Keane, he went to watch him a couple of times and was disappointed, for that reason alone he didn't push Ellis for the extra £500k. I know people like to regard Ellis as satan, but if Greggers had really wanted him enough I'd say he would have got him.

I was absolutely gutted when we missed out on Juninho. Another one of those 'what if' moments as a Villa fan. Would we have been able to fit him and Merson in the same team? Guess we'll never know.......

apparently Steve Sidwell's proposed deal to Chelsea has stalled due to him only wanting a 2 year contract. Maybe theres still hope of signing him.

Fair play to him, obviously not going there just to sit on his arse and enjoy the nightlife after all.

I'm not sure where he fits in anymore to be honest. He's cirtainly not the out and out defensive mid we should be looking to sign. He'd work well next to Petrov with them sharing the duties, but that would then mean Barry moving back out left.

is Sidwell much better than Gardner? If were going to block Gardners path to stardom.. we may as well get a massive signing. I think Gardner can be just as good as Sidwell next season.

is Sidwell much better than Gardner? If were going to block Gardners path to stardom.. we may as well get a massive signing. I think Gardner can be just as good as Sidwell next season.

Agreed, and the same goes for Gabby up forward. If a new signing is going to be taking the place of an up and coming player who looks like he could be a star, it had better be a huge signing, not just an average premier league player.

i think we are getting a bit too excited about the potential of some of our youngsters........they are good, and i agree we have to buy a lot better than what we have........but there is only a few of our youngsters that could be awesome

wait a minute. First of all, how the hell can you compare Nugent from a championship side and Antunes, a fairly unknown 21-year old portuguese lb, to players like Sneijder and Heinze? And even Bellamy? If Nugent is expecting too much I don't wanna know what your expectations are and what you would consider top class. And Alves, well, now he seems to be bound to Barcelona or United, but he's been playing for Feyenoord (right?) for a year and before that he played for 2 swedish sides.

I think these names are exactly the kind of players when it comes to how good they are that MON is watching. I mean, what's below Nugent? Do you really think we're going to sign half the squad from WBA? Is that what you're expecting? You do know that Ellis isn't around anymore, don't you? :?

Mightnt be so bad if Fulham included Diop with the cash for Davis:)

Wouldn't want Diop now, i think we can attract better and younger and not so injury prone.

Yes you when you realise that you were wrong!