Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Can anyone think of anyone else that is out of contract?

Ben Haim, Sidwell, Gera, Fowler, Sinclair, Kanu, Duscher, Nesta...

For starters.

Metzelder, Dudek, Zenden, Figo, Mahdavikia, Hildebrand, Basturk, Saviola, Babic and Pizarro for a few more.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying that your suggestion is a bad one, but I want players who look good against United, exceptional against Spurs, etc, not against Derby. See what I mean?

Yes I do Pelle, he just struck me as someone who would want to come, who would be happy to be part of our squad, who is whole hearted and although he might not be the sort of big name we have now set our sights on, I don't think every signing we make this summer will be in the shock & awe category.

Well, you might be very well right in that. It's just me who likes to specualte about "bigger" names. Guess this kind of player can be just as important. As long as they're better than the possible squad-players we already have, like McCann.

BTW, Nesta would be a decent squad-player on a free. Think he could cover for Mellberg and Laursen pretty well...

Nesta would be a decent squad-player on a free. Think he could cover for Mellberg and Laursen pretty well...

I'm fairly sure that Nesta won't be signing anywhere as a 'squad-player' or as 'cover'. And certainly not to us in that context.

Is Distin out of contract?

Yes.

Couple of quid saved then.

Can anyone think of anyone else that is out of contract? Draw up a list of freebies.

Distin and Viduka are the only ones that spring to mind.

Oh and Titus Bramble :winkold:

Ben Haim from Bolton who I mentioned the other day is..but I think

Bolton are trying to get him to sign up under a new one. Apparently Villa

had him on trial a while ago and said no thanks but that was under

a different regime.

Nesta would be a decent squad-player on a free. Think he could cover for Mellberg and Laursen pretty well...

I'm fairly sure that Nesta won't be signing anywhere as a 'squad-player' or as 'cover'. And certainly not to us in that context.

And I am pretty certain that he won't sign for us at all. It was just a bit of a bad joke. :) If we sign him I think I will faint when I read it. :nod:

I also watched Mcshane last night in the playoff game and he also looks good and has been mentioned one or two times on here already.. along with distin on a free these 2 i think would do as per our RB situation!

Thoughts...?

I hope we sign Distin. Quality player, wasting his time at Citeh. Metzelder would be awesome too but I'd imagine he'll go to a CL club or poss Juve.

Think if we're being realsitic we'll have to pay over the odds for english players too improve our squad- D.Bent, Defoe, Murray (wolves), Barton spring to mind. Can't see any 'world stars' (Saviola, Nesta, Sneider are some that have been mentioned...) coming yet. Yet!

gudjohnsen anyone? i think we might have a chance at signing him

Not impossible at all. And a very good signing too. My worries though are those I have for signing such players as Bent. Pretty similar to Carew and as they might both be happy to push each other in the beginning, neither of them will enjoy the bench at Villa after a while. But still a good shout.

Gudjohnsen would be awesome. This link isn't though:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2131974,00.html

Think Barcelona to Birmingham would be hard for anyone to take...

Yep, if shitty signed the whole Barcelona I'd definitely commit suicide... *

On that link, I never take such quotes too serious. That's very common for players to say when they're linked with a move away from their club, yet a fair few leaves only a couple of days or weeks after they've said it.

*Bad humour alert today, me thinks

I just saw an article about who might leave West Ham and they threw in at the end that Paul Konchesky might go to Aston Villa. :?:

Also fansfc has a blurb about MON targeting Gilet Barnes from Derby

No idea if this has been posted but I'm sure it's crap.

Wow, there are a lot of terrible news sources, I found one that says Bramble will likely go to Pompey, Birmingham City or Aston Villa. :lol:

No one in their right minds would sign Bramble, not even SHA.

More than likely not true but the other day the Daily Mirror linked them with not just Bramble, but also Jlloyd.

Watch Harry Rednapp or someone sign up Bramble and turn him into a good player, look what hes done with Pompey with the team he has!

Id also not mind if we ever got Pedro Mendes or Krancjar! Not that i think we will but i really rate these 2 players!