Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think of it Klaas-Jan Huntelaar would be a great signing, he is one of the most natural finishers I have seen, a bit in the van Nistelrooy mold if you ask me.

I am not sure one of the top clubs have set their sights on him, if not then it's worth a shot?

Linked to Man Utd apparently.

anyone picking West Ham over Villa this summer will automatically be a money-grabbing shitbag, and thus the type of player we dont want in the first place

yeah, but even the ones who pick Villa over West ham... we're gonna end up paying double money for, just cos West Ham will force the price up with silly bids.

well if its for players of Young's calibre then I dont think thats a big deal

I think after FIFA's news today any player who West Ham go for will be either waiting for the investigation outcome or will hope that his agent can find him an alternative.

This is so strange. It'll be funny to see in september which camp is right atm. Those who claims that we won't do any big signings at all, those in the middle or those who thinks Defoe, for example, isn't good enough for us and expect us to sign any better.

Then of course comes the discussion wether a player is too good or not, etc. The only "facts" we know for sure is that we won't buy players like Ronaldinho, Drogba, Ronaldo, Kaka, etc. Ribery we don't have a f**king clue about. It's most unlikely that he won't come to us, but we never know untill he signs for someone else, stays at OM or join us. Same for Sneijder and players in that mould. I don't think anyone on here knows. We just think we know.

but still fun specualting. Which I think this thread is about.

Not fun to read about peoples opinions about Defoe for about 10 pages just going around in circles.

And I for one thinks that atm Viduka is a better choice as I agree with those who thinks that Defoe is a bit too similar to Moore and Gabby. Viduka would be a very good, experiensed back-up to Carew. Question is if he would want that. Maybe. Then again, wouldn't cry myself to sleep if we signed Defoe. But to those who says that Villa isn't too good for him. Well, not now, but we don't know about the next season. If we sign players like Bent and Owen and keep the players we already have, would we be too good for him then? Just speculation, and mostly I love it. Let's sign Buffon. :D

Could someone come up with an actual link-list? So far I think we have been seriously linked with two players, three if you count Woodgate even if we didn't get him. Those two are that Anunes, or what he's called. The left back who I think sounds very exciting. And then Boruc.

Owen went to Newcastle because they were the only club stupid enough to give him around 100k a week, and brand new car and a mansion to live in. He just went there to get some games behind him before the world cup and to put himself in the shop window, and obviously it has backfired on him.

Tevez and Mascherano... we all know how dodgy that deal was!

People can stop saying things such as "we will never sign him" etc etc, stranger things have happened.

Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham and Owen to Newcastle.

Even though I think the argentians was a one-off transfer, cheating as it was, I agree with your sentiments. Not much irritates me more than people who think they knows who is ungettable for us, cause no one here really knows.

I am not saying we can sign Ronaldinho or Henry, but saying we can't sign players such as Ribery and Sneijder would be stupid.

They aren't untouchable, and you certainly don't get them if you don't try. What about van der Vaart who went to Hamburg? They

tried and succeeded, easy as that.

People can stop saying things such as "we will never sign him" etc etc, stranger things have happened.

Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham and Owen to Newcastle.

Even though I think the argentians was a one-off transfer, cheating as it was, I agree with your sentiments. Not much irritates me more than people who think they knows who is ungettable for us, cause no one here really knows.

Indeed. I guess in the big scheme of things it might not matter, but maybe the influence of Bob Kain on board may help.

Just a thought, like.

People can stop saying things such as "we will never sign him" etc etc,

No. ;)

Tevez etc were dodgier than a West Am fan and Owen went to Newcastle because nobody else wanted him and he is greedy, the latter being why everyone goes to the barcodes!

So if we sign one of these big champion league wanting players you can come back and tell people to stop but as that is very unlikely to happen you cannot :D

I am not saying we can sign Ronaldinho or Henry, but saying we can't sign players such as Ribery and Sneijder would be stupid.

They aren't untouchable, and you certainly don't get them if you don't try. What about van der Vaart who went to Hamburg? They

Err yes they are, those 2 players if they move will be to a champions league team no doubt about it. So to say they wont is not stupid far from it, inact saying we are actually going to sign them is more sutpid!

Oh and its not as easy as that, Van Der Vaart has his Mrs to thank for his move there not footballing reasons!

Sorry to dash your dreams but its not going to happen yet.

Oh and its not as easy as that, Van Der Vaart has his Mrs to thank for his move there not footballing reasons!

D'Allessandro to Wolfsburg?

I'm in the middle of the two camps here I think.

Try and get them by all means. But have a back-up if (as expected) it doesn't happen. And try not to complain too much if we end up with Defoe rather than Huntelaar.

Err yes they are, those 2 players if they move will be to a champions league team no doubt about it. So to say they wont is not stupid far from it, inact saying we are actually going to sign them is more sutpid!

Sorry to dash your dreams but its not going to happen yet.

Why not Jez!? are we a small club?

Jagielka is exactly the type of player i expect MON to be interested in. Young, talented and not massively overpriced.

And a tremendous attitude. Was very suprised to see he's only 24 years old. Can play right-back, centre-back & defensive midfielder. Hughes, Ridgewell & McCann's replacement all in one.

Jesus i give up, the most unrealistic thread in the world!

Here are my suggestions and dont anyone dare say we cannot get them ;)

Torres

Henry

Ribery

Drogba

Gerrard

Eto'o

Why not? Why do you think :roll:

anyone picking West Ham over Villa this summer will automatically be a money-grabbing shitbag, and thus the type of player we dont want in the first place

yeah, but even the ones who pick Villa over West ham... we're gonna end up paying double money for, just cos West Ham will force the price up with silly bids.

well if its for players of Young's calibre then I dont think thats a big deal

I think after FIFA's news today any player who West Ham go for will be either waiting for the investigation outcome or will hope that his agent can find him an alternative.

West Hams chairman is not happy with Upton Park as a venue and recognises that their training facility at Chadwell Heath is inadequate. His sole ambition at the moment will be surviving the scrutiny of FIFA and the legal challenge that is certain to ensue from a number of aggrieved clubs.

The only way they will sign players of the calibre that I hope we are pursuing will be to offer extortionate salaries such as the deal they did recently to sign Lucas Niell. This is the route to a Leeds type disaster even for rich owners and I would imagine that given the choice between West Ham and Aston Villa a truly ambitious young player would not hesitate in choosing Villa.

Jagielka is very good player and Benitez looks interested and he don't make transfer mistakes very often.He is also MON type of player 26 years old, very determined and I want him at VP.

Zenden, Mark Gonzalez, Jan Kromkamp, Josemi, Pellegrino etc etc, the list is endless!

Also he has spent 80M in three years!

It's pointless to argue for Liverpool signings but to play in the Champions League they need numbers and some of these players did there job well there.Jagielka could be huge player for us but MON knows best.