Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Lawrie Sanchez quits NI and is installed at Fulham permanently, I guess the first thing he will do is sign Davis and Hughes.

5M for the pair.

rouhgly breaks down as £5.25m for davis and -£0.25m for Hughes, I'd guess? :winkold:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we should just dismantle our scouting system and go for the players who are good on a computer game.

I must admit it does feel weird when Villa actually sign somebody that you have "signed" in FM. Way, way back in the days of CM93 I "signed" both Mark Draper and Julian Joachim way before the "real" Villa did. And more recently, I had John Carew up front in my virtual Villa.

Unfortunately, all three of them were massively, unrealistically better than the real thing. Draper I ended up selling to AC Milan for a huge fee, and Carew got 35 goals in his first season (went off the boil in his second though, so....)

OK, sorry, back on topic.

Lawrie Sanchez quits NI and is installed at Fulham permanently, I guess the first thing he will do is sign Davis and Hughes.

5M for the pair.

rouhgly breaks down as £5.25m for davis and -£0.25m for Hughes, I'd guess? :winkold:

It was more of a buy one get one free situation type envelope, before they realise how shite hughes actually is

5M for the pair.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I was actually going to say id want 5m for Davis on his own but when you break down the deal I cant complain

I wouldn't be surprised if we kept hold of both Davis and Hughes. Whilst I accept that the chances of Davis leaving have increased with the news of Sanchez's appointment I don't think MON will look to offload anyone other than the obvious candidates i.e. those out of contract, Djemba Djemba and maybe Ridge! If we got rid of Hughes, Davis, Moore, McCann, Sorenson etc... then we would not only need to buy a right back, centre back (cover), a left back (cover), a midfielder and a striker but also right back cover, midfield cover, a goal keeper etc... We would be talking of signing 8 players for the first team squad which I think is very unlikely. Whilst I think we may sign 8 players, I can only see 4/5 or so being first team/squad players with the rest being potential.

Owen for £9m and Fowler on a free any takers?

:bonk:

Owen yes like a shot. Fowler no thanks way past his sell by date

My sentiments exactly.

Fowler would be better off 'doing a Kevin Phillips' and dropping down a league, where he would probably be a class act. Phillips has always looked good for the Boggies whenever I have seen them.

Owen... my only worry would be injuries. I have no doubt at all- AT ALL - about his football ability. In fact, I once posted on here that I think he is one of the most underrated players in the world, and I stand by that.

To me, Owen is as underrated as Frank Lampard is overrated!

Does anyone seriously think Fat Fred will let Owen go without making back at least what he paid. I mean, he's played only a handful of games in over a season.

I did mean to add at the end of my last post - I think it's irrelevant cause he wont go anywhere anyway!

Does anyone seriously think Fat Fred will let Owen go without making back at least what he paid. I mean, he's played only a handful of games in over a season.

Word is there is a £9 million released clause in his contract. If somebody offers it and he wants to go there's not much FFS can do about it.

Word is there is a £9 million released clause in his contract. If somebody offers it and he wants to go there's not much FFS can do about it.

Oh bloody hell I'd forgot about that! Hmmm... Interesting...

Good shout nycVILLA, I could certainly see us letting Davis go out on loan for the season to see how he does. It certainly wouldn't do us any harm, in fact it would make perfect sense.

Yeah let someone else be our feeder club for a change :)