Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Complete rubbish, dont sign.

why is that rubbish? how many golas did bellamy score in a poor blackburn side last year. the facts are he can score goals (he might have a shit attitude) but mon doesnt take no crap. if he misses up he will be out like a shot. look at berger for example ive heard from various people he is an unsettler and look what mon has done to him.

belleamy is a class player so if we sign him give him a chance. and stop saying defoe or keane spurs wont sell either of them. for me the likely players we will sign is either him or bent, and bent would be over 10m so iwould rather have bellamy

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete rubbish, dont sign.

why is that rubbish? how many golas did bellamy score in a poor blackburn side last year. the facts are he can score goals (he might have a shit attitude) but mon doesnt take no crap. if he misses up he will be out like a shot. look at berger for example ive heard from various people he is an unsettler and look what mon has done to him.

belleamy is a class player so if we sign him give him a chance. and stop saying defoe or keane spurs wont sell either of them. for me the likely players we will sign is either him or bent, and bent would be over 10m so iwould rather have bellamy

I think the point is Demitri, that there are other players around who can contribute the goals that Bellamy can but without the drawbacks. It isnt as if he is available for a bargain price.

I know i'd rather have £12 million, 23 year old Darren Bent with an excellent attitude, than £8 million soon to be 29 year old Craig Bellamy with a career history of dressing room upset and off field controvesy.

In fact it isnt even a choice. Bellamy isnt cheap enough or young enough to be worth the gamble compared with the other options. If you look at the years of service they'll give then Bent is by far the cheaper option.

Cameroon midfielder Achille Emana could be on his way to Aston Villa from Toulouse this summer. (NOTW)

Anybody know anything about this guy?

He's an attacking midfielder, Camaroon international aged 25 and was at Valencia before he went to france, he's scored eight goals this season and has four assists,

and judging from this goal he might be a snip :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqwtwKcQMIc

and one more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwRhXlxU1-g

fair points grant but bellamy has the experience and has played at the best level, bent hasnt. i rate bent but i think 12m is way over the odds for him

In all honesty Dem, i wouldn't buy an attacker this year, well it would be Bent or no-one depending on whether he looked like he was going elsewhere or cheap.

Moore and Gabby can do the business imo or at least warrant the chance to prove we dont need to spend £8-£12 million (depending on your tastes ;) ) for that consistent scorer. Buying in another top striker will seriously impede that imo.

Bent has proven himself now imo, you talk about Bellamy scoring goals in a poor Blackburn side... well look at the piss poor side that Bent has picked up a shedload of goals in. He could be a monster in a decent side.

I think it depends alot on how much we have to spend as midfield and defence need some more bodies and quality.

fair points grant but bellamy has the experience and has played at the best level, bent hasnt. i rate bent but i think 12m is way over the odds for him

I rate bellamy and i think he would be a great signing. However i would also prefer Bent and i dont' think £12m is too much consdering how much we paid for young and how many bent has score, consistently and at a young age

I rate bellamy and i think he would be a great signing. However i would also prefer Bent and i dont' think £12m is too much consdering how much we paid for young and how many bent has score, consistently and at a young age

If it came down to a choice between Bent and Bellamy then i'd go for Bent. Then who knows in a few years time we could have Gabby, Cahill, Young, Moore and Bent representing England consistantly!

the pros and cons for going for bellamey or bent

randy and co appear to like the family, tradition side of football. they appear to like people with honesty and integrity, who can represent their companies without bringing disrepute.

who is going to be the better ambassador for aston villa?

mr littleman angry bellamey, who courts controversy where ever he goes? who is now coming up to 29 years old and who hasnt consistantly hit more than 12 goals per season ever. or darren bent, club captain, younger, stronger and more versitle.

darren bent record

Overall career totals

Apps As sub Goals Yellow Red

Total (Club) 219 (28) 91 6 0

League 192 (19) 78 6 0

FA Cup 9 (2) 5 0 0

League Cup 13 (3) 7 0 0

European/Others 5 (4) 1 0 0

bellemy record

Overall career totals

Apps As sub Goals Yellow Red

Total (Club) 345 (37) 119 54 2

League 276 (29) 92 42 1

FA Cup 12 (0) 5 3 0

League Cup 20 (3) 9 5 0

European/Others 37 (5) 13 4 1

both have decent records, however bellemy is the same sort of player we already have in moore and gabby, a fast pacey player who can score.

we donthave a player who can play upfront on his own and still bang the goals in, darren bent is just that player. he has played for 2 teams, ipswich and charlton, both are shit, ipswich only finishing in the top 10 once, charlton didnt while he is there i think.

bellemy has played for liverpool, newcastle, blackburn, norwich, celtic and coventry.

you would expect him to have a far better goal record than bent as he has played with better players, in better teams with more attack minded players, however bents goal record is far better than bellemys.

a no brainer for me really, the stats, the newspaper headlines, the team moral, the future, the longevity of bent compaired to bellemy, the image we want to portray.

everything adds up to bent.

i just hope we can get a player of his quality as i would expect newcastle, liverpool, spurz and arsenal to be some of the clubs fighting for this sort of quality in the summer.

and looking at the bookings also although as a forward it isnt the main priority but

darren bent has 6 yellow cards in 192 league games

bellemy has 42 yellow cards in 276 games

The fact is that he is a guy with troubles who disruptes the changing room and imo he ain't better than John, Gabby, or Luke anyway. He comes up witht he odd goal out of the ordinary, not a 20 goal a season striker. Haven't we learned from buying troublesome strikers from Liverpool...

this is a good debate bellamy or bent. the one benefit we have if mon chooses bellamy (which is the likely option) is mon has worked with him before, so he will know his strengths/weaknesses and to expect from bellamy in terms of attitude.

bent would be a class signing but id expect the big guns to go for bent if he became available. i see young going to somewhere like united or possibly spurs should they sell a striker in the summer.

bent is class so even if we paid over the odds for him it would still be great for us.

Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy has described allegations that he has no working relationship with manager Rafael Benitez as "complete garbage".

It has been reported that the Welshman will leave Anfield this summer after a series of fallings out with Benitez.

But Bellamy told the club website: "Rafa is the best coach I have worked with and I'm a better player for having worked with him.

"That I have to waste time responding to these suggestions is nonsense."

Bellamy hit the headlines in February after a training-camp bust-up with team-mate John Arne Riise - for which Benitez later publicly forgave the pair.

If I do go on to manage at some point in the future he is the model I will use in my career

Bellamy on Benitez

However, it prompted speculation that Benitez could sell the 27-year-old at the end of the season, with Aston Villa linked with an £8m bid.

But Bellamy insists he has a future at the club, adding: "If I do go on to manage at some point in the future he is the model I will use in my career. I can't make my respect for him any clearer than that.

"I am even more disappointed that this has come up as we are approaching a massive game on Tuesday, the Champions League semi final against Chelsea. The reports are complete garbage."

Here

Does he really think he can manage?

hasn't bellamy played for celtic ? - therefore he will get into the villa team , and stay there, at the expense of someone who hasn't - similar to Petrov over Davis - end result ? - Davis will probably leave villa - have we kept the better player ???

I'd just like to add, that if Bellamy did arrive at VP, but L Moore was sold either before or after Bellamys arrival id be very very dissapointed.
Not saying (maybe I did once) we don't need an extra striker but I'd rather just get some backup for Carew. As for Luke Moore and also Gabby, there must be any number of Premier clubs who'd give their right arm for either of them and I'd feel the same way as AvfcRigo82. Don't see how Bellamy would help things.

It's elsewhere we need to strengthen the squad IMO.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think Strachan took Boruc to Celtic so it is incidental which club he plays for.

it was martin o'neill who originally tried to sign him, then he left and strachan continued the deal.

i'd take either bellamy or bent, but it will be bellamy we sign so we may as well get use to it IMO

interesting to see robbie keane has 21 goals this season, just shows if you give a quality striker plenty of opportunities he will put the ball in the back of the net.

judging on tevez's first season in the premiership, i think he could manage 20 goals in a season also, he's had alot of bad luck i.e when the ball hit the inside of the post today, or he could create a lot more goals for someone like gabby

not that i think we wil sign him, but i just think he could well get near 20 goals in a season in the future